You need the best agent in Gainesville to represent you, but finding one isn’t easy. You’ll need to read reviews, analyze transactions, and draw comparisons. Luckily, we’ve done most of the work for you.
We analyzed almost 100 agents across 2,000 data points and graded them across more than a dozen core skills to present the 9 best real estate agents in Gainesville, Florida
Top 9 Realtors in Gainesville, FL
|Jonathan Mills||Best overall|
|Mae Alden||Best overall for buyers|
|Dada McGlynn||Best at negotiating for buyers|
|Donavan Arnold||Best at negotiating for sellers|
|Ben Phillips||Best for moving within Gainesville|
|Allison Ables||Best for difficult-to-sell homes|
|Taymour Khan||Best at negotiating|
|Kristen Thompson||Best for first-time buyers|
|Loyal Frisbie-Knudsen||Best at pricing|
Not seeing the type of agent you’re looking for? Click here to get hand-picked agent matches for you.
How we evaluated Gainesville real estate agents
When we start looking at a new city, our first priority is to identify all the different buyers and sellers agents in an area. We then start screening agents for experience, recent reviews, transaction results, and specializations.
A combination of these factors help us determine whether or not an agent is good for buyers, sellers, or investors. It also lets us note any potential strengths like pricing, negotiating, or marketing. Finally, by comparing these agents to each other, we can identify any weaknesses and rank them across a variety of factors.
STRENGTHS: Best for buyers and sellers in the Gainesville area
- Jonathan represents buyers and sellers evenly, based on recent transactions.
- He’s above average at negotiating for buyers, earning them discounts up to $10,000 consistently.
- Jonathan also consistently provides accurate pricing, good negotiation skills, and sells homes in 60 days or less on average.
STRENGTHS: Finding buyers the right home and negotiating a good deal
- May represents buyers 67% of the time when working with clients.
- She consistently gets reviews that praise her ability to provide a great customer service experience.
- Buyers often save about $5,000 off the list price thanks to her negotiating skills.
CONCERNS: Mae doesn’t have much experience with properties valued over $300,000. If you are looking to purchase a more expensive home, you may want to consider a different agent.
STRENGTHS: Getting buyers a great deal on a home in Gainesville
- Dada is great at negotiating for buyers, often earning them a discount of $5,000 or more.
- She works with buyers more than 70% of the time, based on recent transactions.
- Past customers praise Dada for finding them the right home, getting them a great price, and providing a great experience.
CONCERNS: Dada usually works with homes worth less than $350,000. If you are looking to buy a home that is much more expensive, you may need to work with a different agent.
Clever can help you keep more money in your pocket at closing!
✅ Sellers pay only 1.5% in listing fees
✅ Buyers earn cash back on eligible purchases
✅ You'll work with a local realtor from top brokers, like RE/MAX and Keller Williams
Clever's service is 100% free, with zero obligation. You can interview as many agents as you like, or walk away at any time. Enter your zip code to find a top local agent today!
STRENGTHS: Ben has an all-around skill set that’s best fit for someone buying and selling at the same time.
- Ben represents buyers and sellers roughly evenly, so he understands both sides of the transaction.
- He is good at negotiating for buyers and sellers, and he especially excels at pricing.
- Reviews indicate that many locals work with Ben repeatedly to move, which is a good indication of quality service.
CONCERNS: Most of the homes that Ben works with are worth under $250,000, so he may not be the right fit if you are looking to buy or sell a more expensive property.
STRENGTHS: Allison is great at negotiating, which is key to getting a good price for a difficult to sell home.
- Allison represents sellers in roughly 75% of her recent transactions.
- She is above average at negotiating for sellers. Among her recent transactions, sellers rarely accepted a discount off the list price for their homes.
- Reviews indicated that Allison successfully sold homes when other realtors had failed to make any progress.
CONCERNS: Allison isn’t consistent at pricing properties and properties that she lists often take longer to sell. If you are concerned about taking several months to sell your home, she may not be the best agent for you.
STRENGTHS: Negotiating on behalf of buyers and sellers in Gainesville
- Taymour is more focused on representing buyers than sellers but has substantial experience with both.
- He consistently saves buyers over $10,000 off the list price of the homes they select.
- He is also able to get sellers top dollar for their homes. In the transactions we reviewed, sellers rarely accepted a discount greater than $2,000 off the listing price.
CONCERNS: If you need to sell quickly, Taymour may not be the best agent for you. While he can get top dollar, homes listed by Taymour take longer to sell than if you had listed with a different agent off this list.
STRENGTHS: Finding first-time buyers the right home and negotiating a great deal
- Kristen represents buyers 65% of the time.
- She usually works with properties valued under $400,000, which is perfect for first-time buyers.
- Buyers that find a home with Kristen often save $5,000 to $10,000 of the list price, thanks to her great negotiating skills.
CONCERNS: Kristen isn’t great at negotiating for sellers, so if you need to sell your home to buy a new one, she may not be the best agent.
STRENGTHS: Evaluating and pricing a property accurately the first time
- Loyal represents buyers and sellers roughly evenly.
- He’s very good at pricing properties, requiring very few reductions to sell a property.
- His listings also feature professional photographs and well-written descriptions.
CONCERNS: Loyal is not the best on this list at negotiating for sellers, based on the number of times sellers take a discount on their properties. If your home has features that buyers could use as leverage to negotiate, you may want an agent more experienced with negotiating.
Selecting the right agent can save you thousands on your new home. But finding that agent isn't easy.
Clever can help! We match you with vetted, top-performing agents in your area so you can compare options and choose the best fit.
We also negotiate special low rates, saving you thousands just for using our free service instead of finding the same agent on your own!
Clever's service is 100% free with zero obligation. Give us a try today!