Clever is looking for personal finance and real estate experts to submit a guest post on our blog.
Real Estate Article Topics
We publish articles for a wide audience interested in real estate, from first-time home buyers to real estate experts.
Real estate topics we publish include:
- Real estate investing
- Working with a real estate agent
- Home buying
- Home selling
- Home renovations
- Home Insurance
We are open to article ideas that help people in all stages of buying, owning, investing in, and selling a home, as well as tips for seasoned agents and other real estate experts.
Personal Finance Article Topics
In addition to real estate, we publish personal finance articles.
Personal finance topics we publish include:
- Paying off debt
- Affordable cities
- Retirement tips
- Money management
- Managing your credit score
We publish articles that help people manage their finances better — which may help them support their goal of buying a home.
Our Audience and Voice
Readers of our blog come from a diverse background but are all interested in personal finance and real estate topics.
Our guest articles will provide helpful tips to these readers on topics such as investing in real estate, home selling and buying, and managing their money.
In your guest article, please use a helpful but authoritative tone. Guide people through the steps, and be clear and concise in your language. Ultimately, you want our readers to feel empowered to take action based on your tips.
Please follow these guidelines when writing your article. We reserve the right to reject and edit articles that don't meet these guidelines.
- Word count: 800-1,200 words
- Backlinks: We allow a maximum of three backlinks to your site as long as they are relevant to the article. We will remove all backlinks that aren't relevant to the context of the article and don't fit naturally.
- Citation: All statistics and facts must be backed up by outside sources with a backlink. This includes all statistics and data, uncommonly known terms, and other helpful information.
- Structure: Write for the web — break the article into different sections with H2s; use short, skimmable paragraphs and bulleted lists when relevant.
- Style: Please follow the Clever Style Guide. If you can't find it in our style guide, follow AP Style guidelines.
- No self-promotion: If you have relevant data, you may cite your company, but posts must not be self-promotional.
- Submission: Submit your article in a Google or Word document. Please include your author bio and headshot along with your article. Articles must be by a person, not company.
We run all articles through a plagiarism scanner. Your article must be original and not published elsewhere — even on your own site.
We edit articles in the order we receive them. Once you submit a guest post, we will edit it within 2 weeks. We may send it back to you if it needs additional work.
Ready to Write for Our Real Estate Blog?
If you have a personal finance or real estate blog topic in mind, please submit a guest post idea here:
We want guest writers who know how to write for other online publishers. On our pitching form, we require links to three of your other guest writing samples on websites that aren't your own.
We will respond to your pitch within 1 week if it's a good fit for our audience. You will not receive a response if your article topic is rejected. If you don't hear from us within 1 week, you can apply again with a different pitch.
The more thorough a pitch, the more likely it is to be accepted.
Please use the form to pitch your article idea, as we cannot respond to all guest writing inquiries via email.
Apply to write for our real estate and personal finance blog today! We look forward to working with you.