Reading reviews, analyzing past sales, interpreting results, and comparing agents is the best way to find a realtor, but doing so is a major time investment. Luckily, we saved you some time and did it for you.
To come up with the 9 best agents in Clearwater, we analyzed 110 realtors in over 20 hours, across 1,500 data points.
Top 9 Real Estate Agents in Clearwater, FL
|Otniel Gil||For buyers|
|Michael Lauer||For sellers|
|Plamen Petkov||At negotiating for sellers|
|Larry Fischer & Army Veteran Team||At customer service|
|Niki Fiala||At pricing|
|Kristin Hallamek||At selling quickly|
|Jennifer Richards||At getting top dollar for homes|
|Kim Sobecki||At pricing properties under $350K|
Not seeing the type of agent you’re looking for? Click here to get hand-picked agent matches for you.
How to interview a top real estate agent
Once you’ve selected a top real estate agent, it’s time to interview the agent to understand their plan. Discuss your particular property, figure out how the agent is going to advertise your property, and align on your goals for the transaction.
Once that's done, you should work with your agent to understand whether or not the two of you can have a good working relationship. In most cases, you want to align on communication format and frequency, whether it's phone calls, text messages, emails, or a mix.
Ideally the best agent for you will guide you through the process and align with you on communication and priorities.
STRENGTHS: Driving a hard bargain on behalf of buyers and sellers
- Judy splits her time evenly between representing buyers and sellers.
- She’s a very strong negotiator. When she represents buyers, they save an average of 3.3% off asking price. When she represents sellers, it’s rare for properties to sell for substantially below list price.
- Most of Judy’s past transactions involve properties priced between $150,000 and $350,000.
CONCERNS: Judy typically handles starter homes and entry-level properties. If you have a luxury home, you may wish to find an agent more familiar with the high-end real estate market.
STRENGTHS: Saving buyers money on mid-priced properties
- Otniel has represented buyers in about half of his past transactions.
- He typically deals with properties priced between $350,000 and $550,000.
- Otniel routinely saves buyers he represents as much as 3% off list price due to his solid negotiating skills.
CONCERNS: When Otniel sells properties, they often undergo multiple price reductions. If you’re interested in working with an agent who can also help you sell your home, you may be disappointed.
STRENGTHS: Pricing properties correctly and negotiating for sellers
- Most of the properties he sells are priced between $150,000 and $350,000.
- He’s a skilled negotiator, with sellers rarely accepting substantial discounts off list price.
- It’s uncommon for his listings to see multiple price reductions due to his knowledge of the local market.
CONCERNS: Michael splits his time evenly between representing buyers and sellers. If you’re looking for an agent who focuses only on listing and marketing properties, you won’t find it with him.
STRENGTHS: Driving a hard bargain when selling entry-level properties
- Plamen represents sellers 60% of the time.
- Properties he sells are generally priced between $125,000 and $250,000.
- Sellers don’t generally accept much below list price when Plamen represents them, in large part because he is a strong negotiator.
CONCERNS: When Plamen lists a property, it generally remains on the market for a little longer than average. Don’t count on him to move your property as fast as possible if you hire him as your listing agent.
Clever can help you keep more money in your pocket at closing!
✅ Sellers pay only 1.5% in listing fees
✅ Buyers earn cash back on eligible purchases
✅ You'll work with a local realtor from top brokers, like RE/MAX and Keller Williams
Clever's service is 100% free, with zero obligation. You can interview as many agents as you like, or walk away at any time. Enter your zip code to find a top local agent today!
STRENGTHS: Providing top-notch service for buyers of entry-level properties
- Larry and his team represented buyers in 79% of past transactions.
- Most of their past transactions involve properties priced between $150,000 and $300,000.
- Reviews praise the professionalism of team members, with many satisfied clients indicating they went the extra mile to help them find their perfect home.
CONCERNS: This team doesn’t represent sellers often and when they do, homes often sell for around 3% off list price. This suggests team members may not be as skilled at negotiating as some agents.
STRENGTHS: Accurately pricing properties
- Niki mostly sells properties priced between $250,000 and $450,000.
- She typically prices her listings correctly from the start, which means there are few price reductions necessary.
- Most of Niki’s properties sell slightly faster than the average time for the area.
CONCERNS: If you also need a buyer’s agent, you should be aware that Niki doesn’t have a strong track record of scoring substantial discounts for the buyers she represents. You may want a better negotiator if you need an agent who can help you pay a rock bottom price for your new home.
STRENGTHS: Quickly selling mid-priced properties
- Kristin’s past transactions typically involve properties priced between $250,000 and $500,000.
- Most of her past properties sell in a faster time than average for the area, with some closing in a little over a month.
- She’s skilled at pricing properties as price reductions on her listings are rare.
CONCERNS: Kristin isn’t the strongest negotiator on behalf of sellers, with many of her listings selling for just over 2% off the list price.
STRENGTHS: Helping sellers get top-dollar on mid-priced properties
- Jennifer has represented the seller in about half of her past transactions.
- Most of the properties she’s involved with are priced between $250,000 and $550,000.
- Jennifer’s strong negotiating skills ensure that properties she lists rarely sell for substantial discounts compared with the asking price.
CONCERNS: Some of Jennifer’s properties have undergone multiple price reductions during the time they were listed. If you need a pricing expert to know what your home is likely worth right away, you may want a different agent.
STRENGTHS: Setting the right price for mid-priced homes
- Kim represents sellers more often than buyers. She was the listing agent in 56% of her past transactions.
- Most of the properties she sells are priced between $225,000 and $350,000.
- Kim is skilled at pricing properties correctly from the starter. Frequent price drops rarely occur with her listings.
CONCERNS: Kim’s properties typically take a little longer than average to sell. When you need a listing agent known for moving properties as fast as possible, you may prefer to work with someone else.
Selecting the right agent can save you thousands on your new home. But finding that agent isn't easy.
Clever can help! We match you with vetted, top-performing agents in your area so you can compare options and choose the best fit.
We also negotiate special low rates, saving you thousands just for using our free service instead of finding the same agent on your own!
Clever's service is 100% free with zero obligation. Give us a try today!