To find the best real estate agent in Lakeland, you need to read reviews, dig through past sales, analyze deals, and compare results.
We came up with the 10 best agents in Lakeland by analyzing 110 realtors in over 20 hours, across 1,500 data points.
Top 10 Realtors in Lakeland, FL
|Alvaro Jarquin||For buyers|
|Shawn R. McDonald||For sellers|
|Joy Desmond||At selling quickly|
|Jordan Prais||For first-time buyers|
|Cheryl Brewer||At pricing|
|Lisa Reinstetle||For budget buyers|
|Christine Ehlenbeck||At negotiating for sellers|
|Casey Tray||At customer service|
|Darren & Tina Moreno||For difficult to sell homes|
The 10 best real estate agents in Lakeland, FL are:
STRENGTHS: Negotiating for buyers and sellers of entry-level and mid-priced properties
- Most of the 3D Team’s past transactions involve properties priced between $150,000 and $350,000.
- The 3D Team routinely helps buyers to save substantially off list price due to their strong negotiating skills.
- The team is also good at negotiating for sellers, with properties they list often selling for close to the asking price.
CONCERNS: Their listed properties tend to stay on the market for an average length of time. You may want to find a different agent if your top priority is to sell your property very quickly.
STRENGTHS: Helping buyers of entry-level and mid-priced properties get a good deal
- Most of Alvaro’s properties are priced between $150,000 and $450,000.
- He represents buyers 62% of the time.
- Alvaro has routinely helped buyers save tens of thousands of dollars off the list price of properties through his solid negotiating skills.
CONCERNS: He rarely represents sellers, and properties he lists stay on the market for an average length of time. That means Alvaro likely isn’t the right agent if you also need someone to assist with quickly selling your home.
STRENGTHS: Negotiating for buyers and sellers
- Shawn represents both buyers and sellers, splitting his time almost evenly between acting as a buyer’s agent and a listing agent.
- Most of the properties in his past transactions are priced between $250,000 and $350,000.
- He’s helped buyers to save thousands off the list price in most past transactions, indicating his negotiating skills are solid.
- His strong negotiating skills also mean properties he lists rarely sell for substantial discounts off asking price.
CONCERNS: When you want to sell your house ASAP, Shawn may not be your ideal agent. The properties he lists tend to remain on the market for an average length of time.
STRENGTHS: Helping buyers of entry-level and mid-priced properties to quickly sell their homes
- Joy has represented sellers in 70% of past transactions.
- Most properties she deals with are worth between $150,000 and $450,000.
- Properties Joy lists sell faster than the average for the area, with many of her listings staying on the market for less than a month.
CONCERNS: Joy isn’t as strong a negotiator as some agents, and as a result, properties she lists often sell for as much as 2% below list price.
STRENGTHS: Helping first-time buyers find their dream home
- Jordan’s past transactions generally involve starter homes priced between $100,000 and $300,000.
- Jordan represents buyers around half the time.
- Many reviews from satisfied first-time buyers praise Jordan’s skill at helping them meet their goals for their home, as well as his willingness to guide them through the purchase process.
CONCERNS: When Jordan represents buyers, they generally don’t save much money compared with the list price. This suggests he’s not as strong at negotiating for his clients as some agents.
Clever can help you keep more money in your pocket at closing!
✅ Sellers pay only 1.5% in listing fees
✅ Buyers earn cash back on eligible purchases
✅ You'll work with a local realtor from top brokers, like RE/MAX and Keller Williams
Clever's service is 100% free, with zero obligation. You can interview as many agents as you like, or walk away at any time. Enter your zip code to find a top local agent today!
STRENGTHS: Accurately pricing entry-level properties
- Most of her past transactions involve properties priced between $100,000 and $250,000.
- Properties she lists are generally priced right the first time.
- Price reductions are rare and when they occur, they are generally small ones.
- Reviewers indicate Cheryl went above and beyond in helping them to sell their homes.
CONCERNS: Cheryl isn’t the strongest negotiator. Sometimes, sellers accept less than asking price. And when she represents buyers, it’s rare that they save substantially off the list price.
STRENGTHS: Making the home purchasing process easy for first-time buyers
- Lisa represented buyers in 65% of past transactions.
- Most of the properties she’s involved with are priced between $150,000 and $250,000.
- Past reviews praise her patience in answering first-time buyer questions and her willingness to walk buyers through the purchasing process.
CONCERNS: She rarely helps buyers save substantially off the list price. If you’re looking for an agent known as a strong negotiator, she may not be the best fit.
STRENGTHS: Ensuring sellers of entry-level properties get top-dollar
- In past transactions, Christine represented sellers more than half the time.
- Christine generally works with properties priced between $100,000 and $300,000.
- Sellers that work with Christine rarely accept substantial discounts off their property’s asking price.
CONCERNS: Christine doesn’t have much familiarity with the luxury market. Sellers of high-end properties may prefer an agent with more experience in the upper end of the market.
STRENGTHS: Providing top-notch customer service throughout the buying and selling process
- This team generally sells properties priced between $80,000 and $325,000.
- They split their time almost evenly between representing buyers and sellers.
- The team has many positive reviews, with past clients touting their knowledge of the market, their communication skills and responsiveness, and their eagerness to provide helpful advice.
CONCERNS: Homes listed by this team are typically on the market for an average length of time, which means those who are trying to move as fast as possible may be disappointed.
STRENGTHS: Selling properties in less time than average
- Most of their past properties are priced between $200,000 and $400,000.
- They represented sellers in 56% of past transactions.
- Properties they list sell more quickly than average, with some sales closing in around a month.
CONCERNS: This team isn’t the best at negotiating a bargain for buyers. Since the buyers they represent rarely save much off list price, you may prefer a different agent if you want someone to help you buy a home at the most affordable cost.
Selecting the right agent can save you thousands on your new home. But finding that agent isn't easy.
Clever can help! We match you with vetted, top-performing agents in your area so you can compare options and choose the best fit.
We also negotiate special low rates, saving you thousands just for using our free service instead of finding the same agent on your own!
Clever's service is 100% free with zero obligation. Give us a try today!
Best time to hire a top real estate agent in Lakeland
You want to hire an agent when you’re actually serious about finding and buying a home or selling a home in the next month or two. Unless you have a good reason, like repairs or upgrades, if you find an agent too early, you may have trouble convincing them to take you as a client because you aren't quite ready to make a decision.
On the other hand, if you find an agent too late you may make a mistake in the transaction that can literally cost you thousands of dollars. If you’re a buyer, hire an agent before you express interest in a particular property. If you’re a seller, hire an agent before you price and list your home online to ensure that your agent can leverage their knowledge and experience on your behalf.