If you have a home you need to sell quickly in Florida, you have a few options:
- Sell your home with an agent who knows you need to sell fast.
- Sell to an iBuyer if you have a home in good condition.
- Sell to a We Buy Houses company if your home requires repairs.
Unfortunately, selling faster than usual tends to involve a lower sale price. However, for some sellers, the convenience of a quick sale may be worth the sacrifice in price, especially if they need to move quickly due to a significant life change or a new job in a different location.
In this article, we've outlined the best options for selling your home quickly in Florida.
To get cash offers right now, sign up for Clever Offers. A local agent will gather and compare offers for you from leading iBuyers and We Buy Houses companies. Your agent will help you negotiate to get the best price and provide you with a free home valuation so you know what your home is worth on the open market.
What to expect when selling a home in Florida
In Florida, homes usually sell the fastest during May and slowest during October.
To set expectations for your selling timeline in Florida, look at two factors:
- Median days on market: Number of days before a seller accepts an offer
- Average time to sell: Number of days on market until offer, plus the average number of days to close
Average time to sell a house in Florida
Median days on market
Average time to sell
Based on Realtor.com data (October 2022)
In Florida, the current average time to sell is the same as the national average.
» LEARN MORE: Average Time to Sell a House in Florida
How to sell my house fast in Florida
Best option: Sell your house quickly with an agent
⚡ Quick facts: Selling with an agent
- Percentage of market value you’ll earn: 90–95%
- Average time to sell: 59 days
- Fees you’ll pay:
- Average listing commission: 2.70%
- Average buyer agent commission: 2.70%
- Average closing costs: 3.22%
Hiring a real estate agent is typically the best way to get the most money from your home sale. It's important to follow your agent's advice, but you may need to price your home about 5% below market value if you want to sell your home faster than the average 79 days in Florida.
There are some expenses that will further reduce your profit, such as your agent's commission, the buyer's agent's commission, and closing costs.
While using an agent can help you get the highest sale price for your home, it may not be the fastest way to sell. Companies that pay cash, such as iBuyers and "We Buy Houses for Cash" companies, can close the sale of a home within a week or two because they don't need to wait for financing to come through.
Selling with an agent is best for…
- People with homes in good condition
- People with at least 30 days to sell
- People who want to sell fast while making the most money
Tips to sell fast with an agent
One benefit of using an agent is their knowledge of the local market, which is very valuable when you need to sell fast. Along with your agent's advice, here are some other tips we gathered from Ula Zucker Williams from Compass Florida Real Estate in Boca Raton to sell your home quickly in Florida.
- Order a pre-inspection from a home inspector. "A pre-inspection will identify any issues that may come up on an inspection report done by your potential buyer," says Zucker. If the repairs are minor enough, you can address them before the buyer's inspection. If you have larger problems and no time to fix them, you can at least be prepared to negotiate.
- Do a permit review and a title and lien search before listing. "Check with the governing city and/or county to ensure there are no open permits on your property," says Zucker. "I've seen open permits hold up closing for weeks for electrical, pavers, pools, windows, fences, and much more."
- Offer to pay the buyer's closing costs. You'll have to sacrifice another 3-6%, but it might be worth the time you save if you can close fast.
- Price your home to sell, but don't discount it so much you'll take a big loss. Zucker advises clients to price their home "at most, 5–10% under market value." Adjust the price depending on how fast you need to move. "Play with the numbers and find your bottom line amount, including closing costs and realtor fees, that you would feel comfortable walking away with and still feel whole."
💸 How cash offers work
Cash offers are the fastest path to closing because the buyer doesn't need to get a loan. The financial institution doesn't have to spend time checking the buyer's financials (known as the underwriting process). There's also less risk of the buyer's financial situation changing in a way that puts the sale at risk.
When listing with an agent, you can state your preference for cash offers. Keep in mind, though, that this might limit the number of offers.
⚡ Quick facts: Selling to an iBuyer
- Percentage of market value you’ll earn: 90–95%
- Average time to sell: 8–60 days (customer preference)
- Fees you’ll need to pay:
- Service fee: 5%
- Average closing costs: 3.22%
Better option: Sell to an iBuyer
An iBuyer is a company that leverages technology to assess and make an offer on your home. It often pays in all cash, which is why it can close so quickly.
For the most part, iBuyers purchase homes in good condition, so if you have major problems with your home, you likely won't qualify.
Typical iBuyer purchase criteria:
- 🏠 Built after 1930
- 💰 Valued at $100,000–600,000
- 🌲 Located on 1.5 acres or less
- 👤 Owner-occupied
iBuyers are still a relatively new way to sell a house — only 27% of homeowners fully understand what they are. Before you consider using one, research how iBuyers work and familiarize yourself with the top iBuyers across the U.S.
Selling to an iBuyer is best for…
- People with homes in good condition that meet iBuyer criteria
- People who are willing to sacrifice about 10% of the sale price for a guaranteed fast sale
- People who don't want to show their homes or conduct open houses
Sell to Opendoor in Florida
4.3/5 across 3,322 reviews
Closing date window
As little as 14 days
Count on paying a 5% service fee, around 1–3% in closing costs, and 1–2% in deductions for repairs requested by Opendoor. In our review of Opendoor, we noticed that some customers were unhappy with what they perceived as high repair costs, while others appreciated the service for its fast and efficient transactions.
Sell to Offerpad in Florida
3.9/5 across 524 reviews
Closing date window
As little as 8 days
In addition to Offerpad's 5% service fee, count on paying 1–3% in closing costs. When researching customer sentiment for our Offerpad review, we saw many customers who appreciated the company for its excellent communication and customer service. However, some customers were disappointed with reductions in their offer price after the home inspection.
Offerpad charges a 1% cancellation fee if you back out of the deal beyond four days after the inspection.
Good option: Sell to a We Buy Houses for Cash company
⚡ Quick facts: Selling to a We Buy Houses company
- Percentage of market value you’ll earn: 50–70%
- Average time to sell: 3–21 days
- Fees you’ll need to pay: None
Selling your home to a We Buy Houses for Cash company in Florida is likely the fastest option available. These companies are backed by investors who pay cash for homes and can close in as little as a week or two. Because these companies pay cash, you won't need to wait for the buyer's financing to be approved.
However, the speed of the sale comes with a cost. We Buy Houses companies typically pay only about 70% of a home's market value. These companies plan to renovate and resell the home, so they factor in these expenses when making an offer.
Most We Buy Houses companies in Florida visit the property within a day or two to assess the home. Soon after, the representative will provide you with a cash offer.
You aren't required to accept the offer, so get several offers from multiple companies and compare them before making a decision.
We Buy Houses companies are best for…
- People who want to sell their homes in as-is condition
- Sellers with no iBuyer option in the region
- People with inherited homes (for more info, see our Stress-Free Guide to Selling an Inherited House)
How to choose a We Buy Houses for Cash company in Florida
Florida has many We Buy Houses for Cash companies to choose from. Begin your search by looking at our top We Buy Houses for Cash companies in Florida.
When considering which "We Buy Houses" companies to request offers from, check their customer reviews. Look to see how quickly they've closed on previous customers' homes. Some cash-for-homes companies in Florida can close the sale within a week, while others may take up to a month.
Because the offers from these companies are typically lower than market value, some homeowners may wonder if We Buy Houses companies are a scam. However, most cash buyer companies are serious investors who aim to make money by flipping homes. These companies factor the cost of improvements into their offers, which may result in lower prices. Remember, you can always turn down an offer if you don't feel comfortable with the deal.
Why trust us
Jon Stubbs has spent hundreds of hours researching ways to sell homes quickly. This research includes interviewing real estate agents and representatives from iBuyers and cash buyer companies. The author has written dozens of articles on selling homes with a listing agent as well as non-traditional selling methods.
You can sell your home in Florida in one or two weeks when selling to a We Buy Houses company, but you'll likely only make about 70% of the home's market value. You can also try selling to an iBuyer or with an agent with a plan to sell quickly. Learn more about selling your home quickly in Florida.
Currently, the average time to sell in Florida is 79 days, compared to the national average of 79 days. Learn more about selling a home in Florida.