Selling your house fast in Jacksonville is very doable. Whether you’re starting a new job in another state, inheriting an unwanted property, or going through a divorce, you can speed up your Jacksonville home sale in three ways:
- Selling with a real estate agent. If you have a little time to spare and want to get the most money out of your sale, this is your best option.
- Selling to an iBuyer. If you’re looking for a compromise between the speed of a cash buyer sale and the ideal price of an agent-assisted sale, this could be your best option.
- Selling to a cash buyer like a We Buy Houses company. If you want the fastest possible sale and aren’t concerned about getting a good price, selling to a cash buyer is your best option.
To get cash offers right now, sign up for Clever Offers. A local agent will gather and compare offers for you from leading iBuyers and We Buy Houses companies. Your agent will help you negotiate to get the best price and provide you with a free home valuation so you know what your home is worth on the open market.
What to expect when selling a home in Jacksonville
In Florida, homes typically sell fastest during May and slowest during October.
To set expectations for your selling timeline in Florida, look at two factors:
- Median days on market: Number of days before a seller accepts an offer
- Average time to sell: Number of days on market until offer, plus the average number of days to close
Average time to sell a house in Florida
Median days on market
Average time to sell
Based on Realtor.com data (February 2023)
In Florida, the current average time to sell is 4.8% faster than than the national average.
» LEARN MORE: Average Time to Sell a House in Florida
How to sell my house fast in Jacksonville
Best option: Sell your house quickly with an agent
⚡ Quick facts: Selling with an agent
- Percentage of market value you’ll earn: 90–95%
- Average time to sell: 65 days
- Fees you’ll pay:
- Average listing commission: 2.70%
- Average buyer agent commission: 2.70%
- Average closing costs: 3.22%
If you want to get the most money possible out of your home sale, consider selling with an experienced real estate agent.
An agent can use the market to get you the absolute highest price possible for your house. The only drawback is that it’ll take a little while. The average Florida home sale takes 79 days, so even if your agent is able to cut that in half, you’re still looking at several weeks.
However, there are a lot of strategies an agent can use to speed up your home sale.
Selling with an agent is best for…
- People with homes in good condition
- People with at least 30 days to sell
- People who want to sell fast while making the most money
Tips to sell fast with an agent
An experienced real estate agent can use a number of strategies to speed up your home sale. They might:
- Try an aggressive pricing strategy. Listing your home at or slightly below market value can quickly bring in a lot of interest. Just don’t list too far below market value, or buyers may assume there are hidden problems.
- Solicit cash offers. Many agents know local real estate investors who’ll pay cash for properties that meet their standards. If your agent gives them a preview of your listing, you could close a sale before your home even hits the market.
- Offer seller concessions to entice potential buyers. Because mortgage rates are historically high, the most effective concessions are ones that reduce the buyer’s mortgage rates, such as helping the buyer buy down points, etc. Other effective concessions are financing or inspection contingencies, option periods, or a price reduction.
💸 Negotiating a cash offer on a home
Cash offers are the fastest path to closing because the buyer doesn't need to get a loan. The financial institution doesn't have to spend time checking the buyer's financials (known as the underwriting process). There's also less risk of the buyer's financial situation changing in a way that puts the sale at risk.
When listing with an agent, you can state your preference for cash offers. Keep in mind, though, that this might limit the number of offers.
Option 2: Sell to an iBuyer
⚡ Quick facts: Selling to an iBuyer
- Percentage of market value you’ll earn: 90%
- Average time to sell: 14 days
- Fees you’ll pay:
- Service fee: 5%
- Average closing costs: 3.22%
- Repair costs: 1-2%
iBuyers are large-scale tech-driven buyers backed by millions in investor money. They use data analytics to determine what properties they buy and how much to offer.
These companies extend very fast offers — sometimes within 24 hours — and pay cash, so they can close a deal very fast. However, the typical iBuyer offer is usually less than what you'd get on the open market. That makes it a good compromise: You’ll get more than you would from a We Buy Houses company, and sell faster than you would if you used an agent.
iBuyers have a pretty high standard for which properties they’ll buy. Typical iBuyer purchase criteria include:
- 🏠 Built after 1930
- 💰 Valued at $100,000–600,000
- 🌲 Located on 1.5 acres or less
- 👤 Owner-occupied
And they only operate in certain larger markets so, depending on where you are, you may not even be eligible to receive an iBuyer offer.
If you haven’t heard of an iBuyer before, don’t be embarrassed. Only 27% of homeowners fully understand what they are.
iBuyers are best for…
- People with homes in good condition that meet iBuyer criteria
- People who are willing to sacrifice about 10% of the sale price for a guaranteed fast sale
- People who don't want to show their homes or conduct open houses
iBuyers available in Jacksonville, Florida
Several major iBuyers operate in the Jacksonville market. Three of the most dependable are:
- Opendoor. This huge iBuyer operates across the U.S. and extends some of the best offers of any iBuyer out there.
- Offerpad. This iBuyer offers great flexibility, with closing times that can range from 8 to 90 days, depending on how much time you need. It can also give you an offer within 24 hours.
- Keller Offers. This company is the iBuyer arm of well-known national brokerage Keller Williams Realty. While it delivers fast offers, some reviews suggest it has high service fees, so read the fine print.
Option 3: Sell to a We Buy Houses company in Jacksonville
⚡ Quick facts: Selling to a We Buy Houses company
- Percentage of market value you’ll earn: 50–70%
- Average time to sell: 3–21 days
- Fees you’ll pay: None
We Buy Houses companies are local cash buyers, often franchisees of national chains like “We Buy Ugly Houses,” that will pay cash for nearly any property, in any condition. While some of these companies may have questionable reputations, most are legitimate.
This is likely the fastest option to sell your house. A We Buy Houses company will often send a representative to your home within 24 hours, extend an offer on the spot, and can close in days. The only catch is that their offers are typically very low — a maximum of 70% of market value.
However, they’ll buy almost any house, even if it’s abandoned, dilapidated, or seriously damaged. If a more conventional sale isn’t an option, you can almost always fall back on a We Buy Houses company.
We Buy Houses companies are best for…
- Sellers who need to sell as fast as possible and don’t care about price
- Sellers with houses that are in need of serious repairs
- Sellers in markets with no iBuyer option, or who don’t qualify for an iBuyer sale
- Sellers who unexpectedly inherited a home (for more info, see our Stress-Free Guide to Selling an Inherited House)
How to choose a We Buy Houses for Cash company in Jacksonville
Most areas have several cash buyer companies available to buy homes. Start your search by looking at our Top 6 We Buy Houses for Cash companies in Florida. Look at customer reviews when choosing any cash buyer company.
The biggest difference between companies — beyond their reputation — is how quickly they can close. Some cash for homes companies in Jacksonville will need several weeks, while others promise to close in a matter of days.
Many people wonder if We Buy Houses companies are a ripoff. The majority of cash buyer companies are legit, but some companies may try to take advantage of sellers. Don't sign anything before seeing the offer price in writing, and walk away if you feel uncomfortable with the process.
Why trust us
Jon Stubbs has spent hundreds of hours researching ways to sell homes quickly. This research includes interviewing real estate agents and representatives from iBuyers and cash buyer companies. The author has written dozens of articles on selling homes with a listing agent as well as non-traditional selling methods.
There are three main paths to selling your home fast in Jacksonville: selling with a real estate agent, selling to an iBuyer, or selling to a We Buy Houses company. Each option has unique advantages and drawbacks. Learn more about which approach is best for you.
The average home sale in Florida takes 79 days, compared to 83 days nationally. That said, the speed of home sales varies widely among local markets. Learn strategies you can use to speed up your home sale.