Clever Offers is Clever Real Estate's cash offer service for home sellers.
With Clever Offers you can get fair cash offers for your home from real estate investors, We Buy Houses companies, and iBuyers. You'll also get an estimate of your home's actual value on the open market.
A top local real estate agent can present all of this information to you for FREE and help you decide between:
- The convenience, certainty, and speed of a cash offer OR
- The value of getting your home's full price with a traditional listing
Clever Offers is unique because you'll save thousands of dollars on your agent's listing commission if you decide to sell your home the traditional way — your agent will only charge 1.5%. By comparison, listing agents typically charge 3% when you sell your home. Compare cash offers today! ⚡️
Who is Clever Offers for?
Clever Offers can be used by home sellers nationwide in a variety of situations, but it might be a good fit for you if you're:
- Relocating and need to sell quickly
- Selling a home that needs lots of repairs
- Trying to avoid the hassle of a traditional sale (showings, staging, etc.)
- Looking for ways to save money when you sell
Unlike other cash offer services, Clever Offers gives you a trusted local agent who's committed to connecting you with the best solution for your situation. Your agent has zero incentive to steer you toward one solution over another — they'll be paid whether your list your home (from the proceeds of the sale) or sell to a cash buyer (they're paid by the buyer, in most cases).
Clever Offers vs. the competition
Clever Offers competitors include similar cash offer services we've reviewed like HomeLight Simple Sale and eXp ExpressOffers.
While there's some overlap between these services, Clever Offers is the only one of the three to offer a lower commission fee for sellers who choose to list on the open market.
HomeLight's Simple Sale program connects home sellers with pre-vetted buyers in HomeLight's network to source instant offers. You can get offers in just 24 hours, and investors in the network are pre-vetted by HomeLight, so you can be confident that you won't be scammed if you choose to sell to one of these buyers.
However, unlike Clever Offers, HomeLight doesn't pair you up with an agent who will help you save on commission if you decide to list. You'll work with a HomeLight "home consultant" who may give you some insight into local sales prices, but not a full comparative market analysis. In fact, when you use Simple Sale, HomeLight only pairs you with an agent who can give you pricing advice if you request one during the process.
Like Clever Offers, eXp's ExpressOffers service connects home sellers with a full-service real estate agent. eXp agents who are certified with ExpressOffers have access to eXp's national network of institutional buyers, which means you could receive multiple offers.
However, eXp agents charge a full listing fee (3%) whether you sell your home to a cash buyer or list it on the open market. If the cash buyer you sell to charges any fees, that means you'll end up paying your agent on top of your other selling costs.
With Clever Offers, you can save on realtor commission and you could possibly avoid paying commission if you accept a cash offer.
How Clever Offers works
- Fill out the online form with information about your home.
- Get connected with top local agents and pick one. Whenever possible, Clever sends multiple agent matches and you have the option to pick the one you like best.
- Meet with your agent. Your agent will come to your home to learn more about your situation and your property's unique features in order to get the best possible cash offers.
- Review offers. Your agent will present you with offers (sometimes in as little as 24—48 hours) and help you compare them to your home's present value based on local sales data.
- Decide how you'd like to sell. At this point, you can either (1) accept a cash offer OR (2) list your home on the open market. Your agent will take care of the next steps in either case.
- Sell your home. If you accept a cash offer, the closing date will likely be up to you and you may be able to close in as little as one week. If you list on the open market, you'll have to negotiate the closing date when you find a buyer.
Clever Offers is available in all 50 states and Washington, DC.
You won't pay any fees to Clever when you use Clever Offers. If you list your home, you'll pay your agent 1% or $3,000 (for homes under $350,000) when you sell. If you accept a cash offer instead, you usually won't be expected to pay commission to your agent. Some large cash buyers, like Opendoor, may charge you a service fee. This will be stated in your offer.
If you're not interested in any of the cash offers that your agent presents to you, there's no obligation to proceed. Your agent can list your home on the open market and help you get better offers from traditional buyers.
Yes. Clever Real Estate's concierge team will check in with you and your agent throughout the process to make sure you're satisfied and clear up any issues.
It depends on what's available to you locally and what connections your agent has in their network. In major metro areas, Clever Offers customers have received offers from well-known iBuyers like Opendoor and Offerpad.
Your agent will help you determine what options are available to you based on your location and your home's condition.
eXp. "eXp Agents Get Matched to Sellers in eXp’s Innovative ExpressOffers iBuying Program." Updated July 15, 2021.