If you’re selling your home for sale by owner (FSBO) in San Francisco, hiring a flat-fee MLS service can help you increase your listing’s visibility to potential buyers.
The average commission rate for full-service listing agents in California is approximately 3%. Based on the median sale price for San Francisco homes — which as of July 31, 2023 was $1,110,000 — that translates to about $33,300.
In contrast, you'll pay between $95 and $999 to list your home with flat-fee MLS companies in San Francisco. The most basic flat-fee real estate packages will offer little more than a listing on the MLS, but more comprehensive packages could include additional services like help with negotiations and paperwork.
That being said, using a San Francisco flat-fee MLS company to sell FSBO comes with additional costs in terms of time, energy, and your final sales price. You'll have to manage your own sale — from scheduling showings to drafting contracts. And, FSBO homes usually sell for 6% less on average than agented properties.
If using a flat-fee MLS company is still the right choice for your sale, we've picked some of the best flat-fee MLS services in San Francisco.
But, if you're not ready to sell FSBO, one of your best options is to work with a discount real estate company like Clever. With Clever, you'll only pay 1.5% to list your home instead of the typical 3%. And, you'll get full-service support from a great San Francisco realtor so you can sell for top dollar!
The best San Francisco flat-fee MLS companies
Every San Francisco flat-fee MLS service is different. When evaluating the following options, be sure to read the fine print. Look at things like the length of the listing term, fees to change your listing, how many photos you can add, and more.
Fathom RealtyCalifornia Discount Real Estate
Number of Photos
- Fathom Realty is a licensed brokerage that offers flat-fee MLS services through CaliforniaDiscountRealEstate.com
- You choose the buyer’s agent commission (typically 2.5%)
- Listing goes live on the MLS within 24 hours
- Retain the right to sell FSBO
- No cancellation fee
- Flyer template provided
|$199 - Basic Flat Fee MLS Package
$499 - Premium Flat Fee MLS Package
|$999 - Ultimate Flat Fee MLS Package
- Cancel anytime with no fee
- Marketing support
- Wide variety of packages to choose from
- No CMA/pricing assistance provided
- Listing changes may have additional fees
Robinhood Flat Fee RealtyRobinHood Flat Fee Realty
Number of Photos
- RobinHood Flat Fee Realty is a licensed real estate brokerage that specializes in flat-fee listing services for FSBO home sellers
- Set your own buyer’s agent commission (RobinHood recommends 2.5%)
- Listings typically go live on MLS within 1-2 business days after agreements are signed
- Cancel your listing any time with no additional fee
- Free, unlimited listing changes 24/7 access via Robinhood’s online dashboard (takes up to 1 business days for changes to appear on MLS)
- Buyer inquiries are forwarded directly to you
- Offers a money-back guarantee if a traditional real estate broker is deemed necessary to sell your property
|$99 - Basic
$599 - Standard
$599 - Plus
Additional, a-la-carte services:
- Open House Maximum Exposure - $29 for 2 open houses
- Brokers Tour - $29
- Transaction Coordination - $150 at sign-up, $445 at close of Escrow
- Contract Negotiation Package - $495
- Make unlimited changes to your listing or cancel any time with no additional charge
- Inquiries are forwarded directly to you — no buyer’s agent commission if you find your own buyer
- If your property doesn’t sell, RobinHood will refer a traditional realtor and refund you double your listing fee (up to $999) when your property closes
- Basic package does not offer home valuation or comparative market analysis (CMA)
N/A — as of August 11th, 2020, no third-party review information was available for RobinHood Flat Fee. We will update when this information becomes available.
Yager RealtyYager Realty
Number of MLS Listing Photos
- Yager Realty is a licensed real estate brokerage that offers flat-fee MLS listings and other for sale by owner (FSBO) services to sellers throughout California
- Downloadable contracts and disclosures included with basic plan (no advice)
- For sale sign and property flyer included with basic plan
- Requires minimum buyers agent commission of 2-3%
- Additional $150 to remove listing from MLS at closing
- Offers an array of a-la-carte services, including lockbox rental, extra photos, home valuations / market reports, open house advertisements, and more
|$299 - Bronze Plan
$399 - Silver Plan
|$999 - Gold Plan
$699 + .75% at closing - Platinum Pan
- Access to 84+ MLSs in CA
- 15 photos included with basic plan
- For sale sign and flyer included
- Requires minimum buyer’s agent commission of 2-3%
- No coaching or support included with base plan
- $150 fee to remove listing from MLS due at closing
Number of Photos
Homecoin is an online MLS listing platform that provide low-cost listing and selling services. Your listing is live in under 24 hours. There's no cancellation fee or minimum buyer agent commission (2-3% is recommended).
List on the MLS: $95
- Unlimited photos
- 12-month MLS listing
- 10 free listing changes
- Lead forwarding
- Home valuation and CMA
- Customizable FSBO listing on Homecoin’s website
Additional à-la-carte services include a lockbox rental, sign rental, pro photography, and selling form assistance.
- Paperwork and listing can be completed fully online
- Homecoin platform allows for sellers to customize their listing directly from their smartphone or computer
- Unlimited photos to showcase all aspects of a home
- Prices may vary depending on specific home location
- No direct real estate agent support
National flat-fee MLS services in San Francisco
Didn't find a great option in local flat-fee MLS companies? These national brands operate in the San Francisco area, too.
Number of Photos
ISoldMyHouse.com is a nationwide flat fee MLS referral service, operated by Get Listed Realty, that connects you with local brokers and agents who will list your home on the MLS for a pre-negotiated rate.
Your listing will be live within 24 hours.
The lower-priced plan is good for rentals and small 1–2 bedroom homes where limited photos are needed.
Get LISTED!: $299
6-month MLS listing
Schedule open houses
Online customer support
Get SOLD!: $399
Includes Get LISTED! plan, plus:
You get unlimited listing changes.
You choose the buyer's agent commission.
Leads are forwarded to you.
There's no cancellation fee.
There are free online guides and articles for selling a home without a realtor.
You can easily share your listing on all major social media platforms.
The only difference between the packages is the number of photos allowed.
There's no built-in home valuation or market analysis.
Number of Photos
- Fizber is a flat-fee MLS referral service that connects you with local brokers and agents who will list your home on the MLS for a pre-negotiated rate
- Requires that you offer buyer’s agent commission between 1-3%
- Listing is typically live within 24 hours of submission
- Fizber also offers an array of free resources and online tools (including home valuations), as well as à-la-carte downloadable forms and guidelines, such as disclosures, contracts, counteroffers, and more
|$295 - MLS Boost
||$395 - Premium MLS Boost
Fizber also offers two non-MLS listing options:
|$0 - Free Listing:
||$95 - Digital Boost
- Basic package includes social media postings — premium package includes target social ads
- Listing appears on MLS within 24 hours of submission
- Refundable up to 30 days
- Listing expires after 6 months — can renew listing for a discounted rate
- Only 6 photos with basic MLS listing package
- Making changes to your listing may incur additional fees
Alternatives to flat-fee MLS services in San Francisco
To sell your home for top price, it’s important to weigh all of your options before making a final decision. A San Francisco flat-fee MLS company may make the most sense for your sale, or one of these options may work better.
- The Best Low Commission Real Estate Agents
- What to Know Before Selling to an iBuyer
- How to Sell Your Home to a Cash Buyer
For most sellers, though, working with a company like Clever is the best way to maximize your savings while selling your home for top dollar.
Want to find a top local agent without overpaying on realtor fees? Clever negotiates 1.5% listing fees with top-rated realtors from trusted brokerages like Keller Williams, RE/MAX, and Berkshire Hathaway.
Get guaranteed full service for a fraction of the 3% rate agents typically charge. Schedule a free, no obligation consultation with a top local agent today!
Additional resources San Francisco