If you’re selling your home for sale by owner (FSBO) in Sacramento, hiring a flat-fee MLS service can help you increase your listing’s visibility to potential buyers.
The average commission rate for full-service listing agents in California is approximately 3%. Based on the median sale price for Sacramento homes — which as of May 31, 2022 was $582,667 — that translates to about $17,480.
In contrast, you'll pay between $195 and $949 to list your home with flat-fee MLS companies in Sacramento. The most basic flat-fee real estate packages will offer little more than a listing on the MLS, but more comprehensive packages could include additional services like help with negotiations and paperwork.
That being said, using a Sacramento flat-fee MLS company to sell FSBO comes with additional costs in terms of time, energy, and your final sales price. You'll have to manage your own sale — from scheduling showings to drafting contracts. And, FSBO homes usually sell for 6% less on average than agented properties.
If using a flat-fee MLS company is still the right choice for your sale, we've picked some of the best flat-fee MLS services in Sacramento.
But, if you're not ready to sell FSBO, one of your best options is to work with a discount real estate company like Clever. With Clever, you'll only pay 1% or $3,000 to list your home instead of the typical 3%. And, you'll get full-service support from a great Sacramento realtor so you can sell for top dollar!
The best Sacramento flat-fee MLS companies
Every Sacramento flat-fee MLS service is different. When evaluating the following options, be sure to read the fine print. Look at things like the length of the listing term, fees to change your listing, how many photos you can add, and more.
Number of Photos
- SaveOnMLS has affiliate brokerages that offer flat-fee MLS services in a variety of states, including California
- No minimum buyer agent commission (2-3% recommended)
- Maintain the right to sell FSBO
- Free For Sale sign provided
|$399 - Listing|
- Maintain the right to sell by owner FSBO
- Free For Sale yard sign
- No CMA/home valuation
- Experience and level of service provided may vary depending on location
- Only 1 photo in some markets
N/A — as of August 10th, 2020, no third-party review information was available for SaveOnMLS. We will update when this information becomes available.
Number of Photos
Max allowed on MLS
- Discount Realty Team is a licensed real estate brokerage that offers flat-fee MLS listing services, as well as limited- and full-service options
- Listings typically go live on MLS within 24-48 hours
- Listing fee is paid after closing — if escrow doesn’t close, you owe nothing
- Set your own buyer’s agent commission (Discount Realty Team recommends 2-3%)
- Includes free home valuation
- Covers most (but not all) California counties — call to check availability in your area
|$195 - MLS Entry||$795 - Broker Assist “For Sale by Owner” Listing|
Additional representation options for a 3-month listing on the MLS:
- Limited Service Listing - 0.75% Listing Commission
- Limited Service Plus - 1% Listing Commission
- Full Service Broker Representation - 1.5% Listing Commission
- Visit website for specifics on above service packages
- Work directly with the broker, not a referral service
- No upfront fees — you pay only if and when your home actually sells
- Home valuation included
- Packages can be customized to fit your specific needs
- MLS inquiries forwarded to you
- Not clear if Realtor.com inquiries are forwarded to you directly
- Not available throughout the entire state
- Pricing can vary by location
As of August 4, 2020, no third-party review information was available for Discount Realty Team. We will update when this information becomes available.
Number of Photos
10 to unlimited
- RobinHood Flat Fee Realty is a licensed real estate brokerage that specializes in flat-fee listing services for FSBO home sellers
- Set your own buyer’s agent commission (RobinHood recommends 2.5%)
- Listings typically go live on MLS within 1-2 business days after agreements are signed
- Cancel your listing any time with no additional fee
- Free, unlimited listing changes 24/7 access via Robinhood’s online dashboard (takes up to 1 business days for changes to appear on MLS)
- Buyer inquiries are forwarded directly to you
- Offers a money-back guarantee if a traditional real estate broker is deemed necessary to sell your property
|$99 - Basic|
$599 - Plus
Additional, a-la-carte services:
- Open House Maximum Exposure - $29 for 2 open houses
- Brokers Tour - $29
- Transaction Coordination - $150 at sign-up, $445 at close of Escrow
- Contract Negotiation Package - $495
- Make unlimited changes to your listing or cancel any time with no additional charge
- Inquiries are forwarded directly to you — no buyer’s agent commission if you find your own buyer
- If your property doesn’t sell, RobinHood will refer a traditional realtor and refund you double your listing fee (up to $999) when your property closes
- Basic package does not offer home valuation or comparative market analysis (CMA)
N/A — as of August 11th, 2020, no third-party review information was available for RobinHood Flat Fee. We will update when this information becomes available.
National flat-fee MLS services in Sacramento
Didn't find a great option in local flat-fee MLS companies? These national brands operate in the Sacramento area, too.
Sellers looking for a lot of a-la-carte options
- You can fill out, sign, and submit all your seller's paperwork on the Houzeo app.
- When you enter your address, Houzeo auto-fills publicly available data about your property.
- Houzeo lets you buy additional services like contract reviews, agent showings, and professional showings a la carte.
- You have to pay extra for pricing assistance — several local competitors offer this for free.
- You're limited to 10 free changes for price, status, and description in their two most popular packages. Most competitors offer unlimited free changes.
Number of Photos
- US Realty is a nationwide service that connects sellers with local flat-fee MLS brokerages
- Choose your own buyer’s agent commission with no mandatory minimums
- Basic plans require little to no upfront payment until home is sold
- Email/Phone Broker support
- $50 cancellation fee and $25 per listing change with Starter Plan
- Additional $296-$399 due at closing with all plans, including the free plan
|$0 - Starter Plan|
$99 - Basic Plan
|$139 - Deluxe Plan|
$249 - Premium Plan
All plans have additional closing fees of $296-$399
- Built-in email and phone support during the listing period
- Minimal upfront costs — easy budget option
- Fees to change listing with all but the Premium plan
- Additional $296 - $399 due at closing with all plans, including the free plan
- No CMA provided
Alternatives to Flat-fee MLS services in Sacramento
To sell your home for top price, it’s important to weigh all of your options before making a final decision. A Sacramento flat-fee MLS company may make the most sense for your sale, or one of these options may work better.
- The Best Low-Commission Real Estate Agents
- What to Know Before Selling to an iBuyer
- How to Sell Your Home to a Cash Buyer
For most sellers, though, working with a company like Clever is the best way to maximize your savings while selling your home for top dollar.