If you’re selling a house in Houston that's in poor condition or has other complications, or you need to sell your house fast, consider a cash home buyer. Many companies that buy houses for cash in Houston will purchase any home and can usually close sales much faster than Houston home buyers who need a home loan.
Our team evaluated more than 41 active cash home buyers in and around Houston. We examined each company's key factors, including its credibility signals, customer reviews, and activity level. Our guide will help you choose a cash buyer to get the best outcome on your sale.
Why you should trust us
We want to help you find legitimate cash home buyers and get the best deal based on your needs. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission, but this doesn’t influence our rankings or advice. Learn how we researched and ranked these companies that buy houses for cash.
What you should know about cash home buyers
- Cash home buyers can be useful if you have a complicated home sale, you want to sell your house fast, you've inherited a house, or you have goals that would be difficult to achieve selling with a real estate agent on the open market. Your options, offer prices, and closing speed will depend on your situation.
- You may need to contact numerous cash buyers to get workable offers. Cash buyers are investors with varying budgets, goals, and constraints. Some will pay cash for almost any home under any circumstance at any time. Others specialize in locations, price ranges, property types, or situations.
- Cash offers will be unique to your home. How much we buy houses for cash companies will pay — and how fast they can close — depends on the home and situation. Investors can pay more for turnkey properties than those in need of major repairs.
- The selling process is condensed. Some companies that buy houses for cash can close deals within 2–3 days. However, Houston houses with complicated legal issues could take months to close.
- Most cash home buyers pay closing costs. You won't have to pay any unexpected fees on your closing date. Companies that buy houses for cash usually factor the seller's closing costs into their offer.
- Requesting a cash offer is always free, and there’s zero obligation to accept it. You may not get the fair market value many sellers get using a real estate agent. But you decide if you're offered a fair price and if the terms are acceptable based on your situation. If you feel pressured to accept an offer, walk away. If you suspect a scam or financial exploitation, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau recommends you report it to the Federal Trade Commission and take these additional steps.
How to choose a cash home buyer and get good offers
- Make sure the cash buyer is legit. Stick to buyers with credible websites that include owner information and video testimonials from real customers. Look for a solid number of legitimate positive customer reviews on established, external platforms like Google or Yelp. Also, look for companies with Better Business Bureau (BBB) profiles accredited with A+ ratings.
- Verify the buyer has the funds. Ask the buyer for an official proof of funds (POF) letter from their bank. Experienced and legitimate cash home buyers will expect this question or provide the POF without you even asking. The cash buyer should also provide a sufficient earnest money deposit (usually 1–2% of the sale price) when you go under contract, which represents their commitment to the sale.
- Get multiple cash offers. Just like when getting quotes from contractors or shopping for the best mortgage rates, getting several offers from legit we buy houses for cash companies to compare and choose from will help you get the best terms and outcome.
Top cash home buyers in Houston, Texas
Clever OffersRead more
Our take: Clever Offers is our top pick for most people because it makes getting and comparing multiple cash offers fast, easy, and safe.
What we like: Clever Offers taps you into a wide pool of vetted cash buyers who can buy your house fast, saving you from hours of overwhelming research. Compare and choose from up to 10 buyers. This competition among buyers can drive up cash offer prices. Clever Real Estate, an established, highly rated nationwide brand, backs the service. Clever Offers also handles communications between sellers and multiple buyers.
You should also know: Cash offers aren’t always the best or only option. Clever can bring you other solutions, like creative financing or sale-leasebacks, that might deliver a better fit or value. Clever can also match you with a top local real estate agent for a free home valuation so you can compare the cash offers with an open market sale. Seeing all your options helps you make an informed decision and come away with the best possible outcome.
Address: 4625 Lindell Blvd., 2nd FL, St. Louis, MO 63108
Big State Home BuyersRead more
Our take: Big State Home Buyers is our top pick among local companies buying houses for cash in and around Houston.
What we like: Big State has more verified reviews (by far) than any other Houston-area cash home buyer. Many reviews are recent and the company is very responsive, which suggests it’s a high-volume, active Houston house buyer. Its customer rating is very good.
You should also know: Big State earned a strong credibility score based on its website transparency and strong external review profiles. We also liked that the company thoughtfully responds to customer reviews online, whether positive or negative.
Address: 2800 N. Loop W #925, Houston, TX 77092
Very Fast Home BuyersRead more
Our take: Despite having fewer total reviews than other Houston house buyers on our list, Very Fast Home Buyers is a better bet than many more established cash home buyers.
What we like: Very Fast Home Buyers has a perfect 5.0 average customer rating and strong credibility signals. It also appears to be a very active and responsive cash buyer.
You should also know: While Very Fast Home Buyers has fewer total reviews, it has the most recent customer reviews of any we buy houses for cash company on our list. This signal and its excellent customer ratings suggest it's a highly active buyer delivering good value to sellers.
Address: 7010 Foxside Lane, Humble, TX 77338
Sell Quick Home BuyersRead more
Our take: Sell Quick Home Buyers appears slightly less active and responsive than our top picks, but we think it’s worth calling for a quote.
What we like: Sell Quick Home Buyers has good credibility signals and excellent customer ratings. It has a solid number of recent reviews compared to other Houston house buyers, which suggests it’s currently making lots of offers and closing on a decent number of them.
You should also know: Sell Quick Home Buyers doesn’t prominently list the names of its owners and team members on its website. It also doesn’t respond to customer reviews online. These factors resulted in a slightly lower credibility score than others on this list, but we still recommend the company because we don’t consider these signals major red flags.
Address: 3636 Old Spanish Trl., Suite B-1, #306, Houston, TX 77021
GreenLight OfferRead more
Our take: GreenLight Offer is a safe and viable option, though we would’ve liked to see better website transparency.
What we like: GreenLight Offer has a good customer rating and a solid number of total reviews. It has the second-highest number of recent reviews, which suggests it’s actively making offers and closing deals.
You should also know: GreenLight Offer’s website doesn’t include names or photos of who works there. It also doesn’t feature customer testimonial videos. We like to see both credibility signals, but the lack of this information isn't a strong enough red flag for us to recommend steering clear of this cash buyer.
Address: 3100 Timmons Lane, Suite 445, Houston, TX 77027
PPS House BuyersRead more
Our take: PPS House Buyers appears legit and is highly rated. It also seems less active than other Houston house buyers on our list.
What we like: PPS House Buyers has a stellar customer rating and solid credibility signals.
You should also know: PPS House Buyers has fewer reviews than our top picks, and few recent reviews. If it’s slowed its home purchasing, that could mean a lower chance of getting a fair price.
Address: 2050 N. Loop W Suite 100, Houston, TX 77018
American Home BuyerRead more
Our take: American Home Buyer seems legitimate and has decent reviews compared to other Houston house buyers, but it may be making or facilitating fewer purchases than some of our top picks.
What we like: American Home Buyer has excellent credibility signals, plus a solid customer rating and total review count. Additionally, the company thoughtfully responds to customer reviews posted online.
You should also know: American Home Buyer’s customer rating average is slightly lower than most of our top picks, but it has the second-highest amount of reviews. It also has a relatively small number of recent reviews, which could mean it’s buying fewer Houston houses these days.
Address: 2223 Mangum Road #100, Houston, TX 77092
Senna House BuyersRead more
Our take: Like PPS House Buyers and American Home Buyer, Senna House Buyers appears legit and has good reviews — but very few recent ones. We suggest first trying more active Houston house buyers like Clever or Big State Home Buyers.
What we like: Senna House Buyers has decent credibility signals and customer ratings. It also responds thoughtfully to most cash buyers' reviews, negative and positive.
You should also know: Senna House Buyers includes team member names and photos on its website but no video testimonials. It doesn’t have many recent customer reviews, which suggests it’s still buying Houston houses — but likely fewer than our top picks.
Address: 11111 Katy Fwy., Suite 530, Houston, TX 77079
Other companies that buy houses for cash in Houston
Houston Capital Home Buyers has good customer ratings and a solid number of total reviews, but very few recent ones. We also couldn't confirm the legitimacy of four recent reviews (out of more than 75), which is one of our red flags. We didn’t disqualify Houston Capital, but we're keeping the company off our list of recommended cash buyers until we have more information.
Christian House Buyers Houston has a good overall customer rating and decent total review count, but has several recent negative reviews with common themes. We found that concerning. The company has very few recent reviews, making us less confident in its activity level. Additionally, Christian House Buyers Houston isn’t Better Business Bureau (BBB) accredited and has no rating. These factors aren't deal-breakers, but all together they were enough to keep Christian House Buyers Houston off our list for now.
Sell to JR has a good overall customer rating and decent total review count. It has a fair number of recent reviews and is pretty responsive across its review profiles. But sparse background info on its website, plus no BBB profile or accreditation, didn’t give us enough credibility data to feel confident including it in our list of recommended cash buyers.
FIT Acquisitions and OfferGiants.com have good credibility signals, customer ratings, and decent total review counts. But neither of the Houston home buyers has much review activity over the past six months or is very responsive. We don’t have enough data to feel confident that most sellers would get a legit offer.
Next steps: Start getting cash offers!
Compare offers from top cash buyers to the sale price you'd get with an agent.
Related articles and resources
Closing Costs for Sellers in Texas: Learn what it costs to sell a house in Texas, including tips on how to save on your sale.
How to Sell a House By Owner in Texas: Read this guide to decide if selling without a realtor in Texas is a good idea for you.
Selling a House As-Is: What You Need to Know: We share the main factors that affect how much you may gain (or lose) when you sell as-is.
8 Steps to Selling a House in Texas: Are you ready to sell your Houston home but need help understanding the process? Read our guide on selling a home in Texas (with or without a realtor).
11 Best Companies That Buy Houses for Cash: Our team spent hundreds of hours researching we buy houses companies and iBuyers. Many of these companies have local franchises throughout the nation.
Why trust us
Our research team evaluated 41 cash home buyers in Houston. It also compiled and analyzed 1,100+ publicly available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, and more to evaluate each of the Houston home buyers and create our final list and rankings.
Our team used public business directories to identify every company in the Houston area calling itself a cash home buyer. We filtered that list and ranked the top options based on the following criteria:
- Credibility: Is the company a legitimate and safe option? Before we recommend any company, we assess its owners and/or team members, customer testimonial videos, Better Business Bureau status, total Google reviews, and the legitimacy of those reviews.
- Activity: Is the company actively buying a large number of homes? We examine how many reviews the company has had in the last six months and whether the company responds to its reviews.
- Satisfaction: Are sellers generally happy with their experience and outcome? We gauge how compassionate, helpful, fair, and reliable a cash home buyer is by evaluating its Google reviews for average rating, total reviews, and negative reviews.
Our team also highlighted the company's availability based on where they operate.
- Local: Operates in Houston or the Houston metro area
- Statewide: Operates throughout Texas
- Multi-state: Operates throughout Texas and at least one other state
- Nationwide: Operates in all states
✍️ Editor’s note: We don't disqualify a company for limited or missing data, but we do lower the company’s ranking. We base our rankings on objective measurements and can only measure what we see. We regularly search for missing data to update our rankings accordingly.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a commission. But this doesn't influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Clever Real Estate.
Clever Real Estate's content team created parts of this page with the assistance of an AI tool. Our team of humans researched the companies, collected and analyzed the data, and ranked the companies, then used AI to assist in writing about the companies. Our team fact-checked and edited the text, as it does for all of our content.