Nebraska real estate trends (October 2021)
How is the real estate market in Nebraska?
🏠 Average home value: $208,549
📈 1.18% home value increase month over month
💰 Median sale price: $247,000
⏳ 65 days on the market
🔑 Homes on the market: 3,158
📆 0.7 months of housing inventory
🏦 30-year mortgage rate: 3.21%
💵 Average income: 54970
State of the market: B-
Nebraska's seller's market was going strong for a while, but as homes start to sit on the market for longer and longer, sellers should think about lowering their asking prices.
*Data last updated October 2021
In recent years, Nebraska has become a major destination for job-seekers. Its biggest industries include agriculture and food processing, manufacturing, and renewable energy, among others.
The Cornhusker State offers plenty of small towns, including Red Cloud, which was once home to novelist Willa Cather. For those who prefer urban living, its biggest cities include Omaha, Lincoln, and Bellevue.
Though much of Nebraska falls within the Great Plains region, its geography ranges from rolling sand dunes in the west to the rocky, dramatic Badlands in the north. Residents experience a full range of seasons, from hot, humid summers to snowy winters.
If you're thinking of buying or selling in Nebraska, these Nebraska housing predictions and stats can help you make an informed decision.
Want to save money when you buy or sell your home? With Clever, you'll only pay 1% or $3K in listing fees. Eligible buyers get 0.5% cash back after closing. Find out how much you can save with Clever today!
Selling a home in Nebraska
Nebraska real estate market forecast for sellers
⏰ Homes are selling 18 days faster than the annual average
💰 Homes are selling for $4,705 less than the annual average
💸 Average listing commission: 2.98%
💸 Average buyer's commission: 2.32%
How to sell a home in Nebraska
- The Best Low Commission Real Estate Brokers
- Top Real Estate Agents in Nebraska (June 2021 Rankings)
- 8 Steps to Selling a House in Nebraska
- How to Sell a House By Owner in Nebraska (2021 Update)
- 2 Best Nebraska Flat-Fee MLS Companies in 2021
- 4 Nebraska We Buy Houses for Cash Companies & Alternatives (2021 Rankings)
Cost to sell a home in Nebraska
- What's The Average Nebraska Real Estate Commission In 2021?
- The Ultimate Guide to Nebraska Real Estate Taxes
Buying a home in Nebraska
How much home you can buy with $300,000 in...
🏠 Omaha: 2,085 sq ft
🏡 Norfolk: 2,696 sq ft
🏡 Lincoln: 2,084 sq ft
🏠 Kearney: 2,669 sq ft
- How to Save with a Home Buyer Rebate
- 8 Definitive Steps to Buying a House in Nebraska
- The Best Time to Buy a House in Nebraska
- The Ultimate Guide for Moving to Nebraska
Investing in Nebraska real estate
- Top 5 Best Real Estate Investment Markets in Nebraska
- The Ultimate Guide to Flipping Houses in Nebraska
- A Beginner's Guide to Buying an Apartment Building
Best of Nebraska
Each month, we compare cities in Nebraska based on different criteria. This month, we're looking at affordability and ranking the best cities in the state.
Most Affordable Cities in Nebraska
3. Omaha-Council Bluffs
Worst of Nebraska
Each month, we compare cities in Nebraska based on a different criteria. This month we're looking at affordability data. These are the cities that ranked the worst in the state.
Least Affordable Cities in Nebraska
2. Grand Island
- Nebraska Real Estate Commission
- Nebraska's real estate license verification
- Nebraska's real estate agent code of conduct
- Nebraska's disclosure forms
- Transfer taxes in Nebraska
- Home buying assistance programs in Nebraska
Clever's analysis of state market trends is based on local data from Zillow, realtor.com, Redfin, S&P Global, the U.S. Census, and Clever surveys. Our team of over 20 real estate analysts from across the country research local markets and data to compile our "Best" and "Worst" rankings.