Whether you're selling a split-level in Waterloo or a multi-level in Grand Island, paying 6% in realtor fees is a lot.
That’s why some sellers use a flat fee MLS company to list their home on the MLS — the main place where realtors find homes to show their clients — in exchange for a small one-time fee.
What’s the catch?
- Less support: You manage your own sale — without a full-service agent to handle pricing, photography, paperwork, and negotiations.
- Lower sales price: For sale by owner (FSBO) homes usually sell for significantly less than homes sold by agents — 6% less on average compared to agent-represented properties.
- You still pay a buyer’s agent fee: 88% of buyers work with an agent — who still needs to get paid. In Nebraska, you’re on the hook for 2.00% to 3.00% of the final sale price.
If you want to save on fees but aren’t ready for a do-it-yourself experience, Clever can match you with full-service realtors who work for a low flat fee of 1.5%.
Clever is the best alternative to the full DIY approach if you're in Nebraska! You'll save thousands on listing fees, while still getting the support you need to sell your home fast AND for top dollar.
If you’re still interested in finding flat fee MLS listing options in Nebraska, read on! We’ve reviewed the best (and worst!) services in The Cornhusker State.
The 2 best Nebraska flat fee MLS companies*
Flat Fee GroupFlat Fee Group
- You can upload up to 36 photos to the MLS, regardless of your package selection.
- A free comparative market analysis (CMA) with pricing guidance is available in all packages.
- Most packages include an additional 0.5% fee at closing.
- Relative to competitors, fewer agent-based services are provided for the price paid.
ISoldMyHouse.comRead Our Full Review
ISoldMyHouse.com is a flat fee MLS service with coverage in almost every state. It offers two packages, both with MLS access.
Unfortunately, ISoldMyHouse.com tends to be pricier than the competition and also comes with fewer options. You’re usually better off searching for an alternative service that offers more comprehensive service at a better price.
- It's easy to share your listing on your social media accounts directly from the ISoldMyHouse listing platform.
- You'll have access to an extensive library of articles on selling a property without a Realtor.
- Your experience will depend a lot on the broker the company refers you to.
Hidden costs of flat fee MLS companies
Some companies claim to offer flat-rate MLS services but charge hidden fees at closing. We've even seen some companies that claim to offer a free MLS listing only to charge you a percentage of the sale price at closing.
These predatory practices could cost you thousands of dollars when you expect to pay only a few hundred.
Always make sure to read the fine print for any service. Look out for "closing fees" or "admin fees" that you'll owe the broker in addition to an upfront flat fee.
Further, some flat fee MLS companies offer à la carte services like photography, paperwork help, and signage. These services can reduce some of your DIY work, but watch out. These add-ons can add up!
At a certain point, you may be better off finding a full-service agent who charges a clear and upfront discounted rate.
Selling your home is difficult, even with a flat-fee MLS company to handle your listing. Add in hidden fees, a la carte services, and premium service tiers, and you'll save a lot less than you planned, but still be stuck with most of the work.
There's a better option. Clever pre-negotiates lower listing fees with top agents in your area. You still save on commission, while getting the support of a full-service agent.
- Clever partner agents offer full-service support for a fraction of the traditional cost: a 1.5% listing fee instead of the typical 2.5-3%
- Choose from the best local agents representing top regional and national brokerages, like Keller Williams and Century 21
Ready to find real estate agents who can help you save thousands on your sale? Enter your zip code below to get started!
Frequently asked questions
How much do flat fee MLS services cost in Nebraska?
Typically, you should expect to pay about $300-400 for a flat fee MLS listing in Nebraska. However, we've seen basic plans for as low as $300 and more comprehensive services that charge as much as $1,300.
Do I still need to pay the buyer's agent commission?
Although you'll save some money by not having to pay commission to a listing agent (typically 2.00% to 3.50% of the sale price), we strongly recommend offering a commission to the buyer's agent. This will incentivize agents to bring their clients to your home.
How much to offer a buyer's agent is up to you, but most buyer's agent commissions in Nebraska range from 2.00% to 3.00%.
How do I sell by owner in Nebraska?
Nebraska real estate laws require sellers to disclose all important information about their property, including:
- Building and safety information
- Environmental information (like erosion, noise pollution, and whether it's in a flood plain)
- Sewer and wastewater treatment
You'll make these disclosures by filling out the Seller Property Condition Disclosure Form. Potential buyers will review this document to make sure the property is free of deal-breaking flaws. You can either get this form from your listing broker or download it directly from the Nebraska state legislature.
What are the alternatives to using a flat fee MLS service in Nebraska?
Discount and flat fee real estate agents
Discount real estate brokers will list your property for as little as 1% — but keep in mind that you usually still have to pay a 2.6–3% buyer’s agent fee.
We’ve reviewed four national and regional discount brokers that operate in Nebraska.
In Nebraska, Clever offers low rates, with an added advantage: Clever lets you compare multiple agents from major brands like Keller Williams, Century 21, and RE/MAX.
Clever matches home sellers like you with pre-vetted, full-service agents for only a 1.5% listing fee. That's half the rate agents typically charge, letting you keep thousands more in your pocket when your home sells.
Your Clever agent will handle everything for you, helping you accurately price your home, get high-quality photography, negotiate with prospective buyers, and complete paperwork.
You'll pay only a little more than you'd pay a flat fee MLS service, but you'll save hours of effort by not having to do everything yourself!
Want to find a top local agent without overpaying on realtor fees? Clever negotiates 1.5% listing fees with top-rated realtors from trusted brokerages like Keller Williams, RE/MAX, and Berkshire Hathaway.
Get guaranteed full service for a fraction of the 3% rate agents typically charge. Schedule a free, no obligation consultation with a top local agent today!
Selling without an MLS listing
It's always possible to try selling your house by owner without listing on the MLS. But this makes sense only if you already have a potential buyer lined up.
That's because not listing on your local MLS means not getting the most effective exposure for your property. MLS listings are posted to every major real estate website. Plus, real estate agents access MLS listings to find properties for their clients.
If you don't secure an MLS listing, you'll be limited to sites like Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace and relying on a yard sign.