📊 The data:
We surveyed local agents and found that the average real estate commission in Nebraska is 5.66%, which is higher than the national average of 5.37%.
To sell a house in Nebraska worth $252,108 — the median home value in Nebraska — you’ll pay about $14,269 in realtor fees.
Realtor commission is usually the largest cost you'll face when selling your home — but you don't have to pay the full 5.66%.
Clever Real Estate could help you save thousands on commission by pre-negotiating 1.5% listing fees with full-service Nebraska realtors from top brokerages.
On that same $252,108 home — you'd pay just $9,800, up to 31% less than paying average rates.
How real estate agent commission works
|Average listing commission||2.96%|
|Average buyer's agent commission||2.70%|
|Total average commission||5.66%|
There are usually two real estate agents involved in a home sale:
- The seller's agent (also called the listing agent), who represents the home seller
- The buyer's agent, who represents the person buying the home
Based on our research, the average commission rate for listing agents is 2.96% of the final home price and 2.70% for buyer's agents, for a total of 5.66%.
» LEARN: How do real estate commissions work?
Who pays realtor fees in Nebraska?
In Nebraska, home sellers pay real estate commission fees out of the final sale proceeds for both agents involved in a deal. Offering to pay for the buyer's agent's commission is an incentive for agents to show your home to their clients.
If you'd like to save on commissions, Clever can connect you with a top listing agent in your area. You'll pay just 1.5% (or $3,000), keeping more money in your pocket at the end of your sale.
Want to find a top local agent in Nebraska without overpaying on realtor fees? Clever negotiates 1.5% listing fees with top-rated Nebraska real estate agents from trusted brokerages like Keller Williams, RE/MAX, and Berkshire Hathaway.
Get guaranteed full service for a fraction of the 2.96% rate Nebraska agents typically charge. Schedule a free, no obligation consultation with a top local agent today!
How to save on realtor fees in Nebraska
Commission rates are not set in stone. In fact, we found that while 5.66% is the average in Nebraska, rates typically fall between 4.54% and 6.80%. You can save money by negotiating a lower rate with your listing agent or by working with brokerage that has a discounted commission model.
|Listing commission range||2.40%– 3.53%|
|Buyer's agent commission||2.14%– 3.27%|
|Total commission range||4.54%– 6.80%|
Tips for negotiating realtor commission in Nebraska
Whether you’re selling a historic home in Omaha, an investment rental in Lincoln, or a cozy family home in North Platte, you can often negotiate a lower commission rate.
Negotiating a lower realtor percentage in Nebraska depends on two main factors: your situation and the housing market.
|Factor||You may have an easier time negotiating low rates if...|
|The Nebraska housing market||
While your personal situation will obviously vary, Nebraska real estate market conditions will affect all home sellers in your area.
In general, in a seller's market — where home sellers have more leverage than buyers — a listing agent's job is easier and they may be more willing to lower their commission rates. The opposite is usually true in a buyer's market.
To judge the current state of your real estate market, look at these three factors:
- Months of inventory
- Sale to list price
- Home value trends
If every factor points to Nebraska being a seller's market, then you may be in a good position to negotiate a lower commission rate with your agent. If market conditions are mixed or favor buyers, it may be more challenging to persuade your realtor to accept a cheaper fee.
The current state of the Nebraska real estate market
|Months of inventory||There's 1.2 months of housing inventory on the market||Seller's market|
|Sale-to-list ratio||Homes are selling for 98.95% of their listing price||Seller's market|
|Home values||Home values have risen 33.95% year over year||Seller's market|
Low commission real estate companies in Nebraska
Negotiating a lower rate with a professional negotiator can be hard! In many cases, home sellers can save just as much (or more!) by selling with a low commission real estate company.
These are some of the top discount and flat-fee MLS services in Nebraska.
The top discount real estate companies in Nebraska
Discount real estate companies typically offer full-service support for a reduced commission percentage or flat rate. How they create those discounts will depend on the company's model, with some creating more risks and trade-offs than others.
Clever Real EstateGet Started
💲 Listing Fee
💰 Avg. Savings
⭐ Avg. Customer Rating
Clever is a quick, easy, and free way to find a top-rated local agent. And, unlike many similar companies, Clever pre-negotiates big discounts on your behalf, so you can save thousands without sacrificing on service. Try Clever for free — save thousands on commission.
- Clever offers a free, nationwide agent-matching service that partners with full-service local agents from conventional brokerages like Keller Williams, Century 21, and RE/MAX.
- You get multiple agent matches so you can interview, compare marketing plans, and choose the best fit.
- Clever pre-negotiates low rates on your behalf — you get full service for a low 1.5% listing fee.
- If you buy with Clever, you could get cash back after closing.
- You may not get matched with an agent from your preferred real estate brokerage.
- Agents may not provide premium services like drone photography and professional home staging.
Clever has a 5.0 out of 5 rating on Trustpilot, based on 2,589 reviews.
Clever has pre-negotiated low commission rates with top agents in all 50 states and Washington, DC.
💲 Listing Fee
💰 Avg. Savings
⭐ Avg. Customer Rating
Redfin offers real savings and is a proven brand. But sellers could compromise on service — especially agent experience and availability.
- If you buy and sell with Redfin, you'll get a 0.5% listing fee discount.
- Redfin gives its listings premium placement in its popular home search app.
- If finding the right agent is a top priority, you'll have limited options — Redfin only has a few agents in each of its markets.
- Redfin agents handle more customers at once than the average realtor, so they may not be able to provide as much personalized service.
Redfin has a 2.4 out of 5 rating (605 reviews) across popular review sites like Google and Yelp.
Redfin is available in 80+ U.S. markets (see all locations).
The top flat fee MLS listing services in Nebraska
Flat fee MLS services list your home on your local MLS for a low fee, often around $100–$1,000. The trade-off is that you'll have to handle almost the entire home-selling process yourself.
Flat Fee GroupFlat Fee Group
- You can upload up to 36 photos to the MLS, regardless of your package selection.
- A free comparative market analysis (CMA) with pricing guidance is available in all packages.
- Most packages include an additional 0.5% fee at closing.
- Relative to competitors, fewer agent-based services are provided for the price paid.
ISoldMyHouse.comRead Our Full Review
ISoldMyHouse.com is a flat fee MLS service with coverage in almost every state. It offers two packages, both with MLS access.
Unfortunately, ISoldMyHouse.com tends to be pricier than the competition and also comes with fewer options. You’re usually better off searching for an alternative service that offers more comprehensive service at a better price.
- It's easy to share your listing on your social media accounts directly from the ISoldMyHouse listing platform.
- You'll have access to an extensive library of articles on selling a property without a Realtor.
- Your experience will depend a lot on the broker the company refers you to.
Nebraska offers a high quality of life and a low cost of living, wrapped in a quaint Midwestern package. The state is an agricultural powerhouse, with vibrant local culture.
Nebraska home values are very healthy, too. They’ve nearly doubled over the past decade, but still sit significantly lower than the national average. This suggests there’s quite a bit of value to be found in the Cornhusker state, especially when you consider the state’s low inventory and solid economy. Careful investment in the state could be very lucrative.
If you’re interested in saving thousands on real estate commission when you sell, Clever pre-negotiates low listing rates of only 1.5%, or $3,000, with some of Nebraska’s top real estate agents. Contact Clever today to find out how much you can save!
Clever can connect you with top local agents sell your house for a pre-negotiated low rate: just a 1.5% listing fee when your home sells (half the typical rate!).
You can interview your Clever agent matches, get free pricing estimates, and compare marketing plans — all with no strings attached.
Ready to learn more? Click below to take our simple quiz and see your agent matches!
We gathered our commission rate data from a survey of 630 of our partner agents. The survey asked about standard local rates for both listing and buying agents.
Additionally, we utilized the following data from Zillow and Realtor.com:
- Home values, list prices, and sale prices: Based on Zillow data as of September 2023
- Sale prices and sale-to-list ratios: Based on Redfin data as of February 2023 (unless specified otherwise)
- Months of inventory: Based on Realtor.com data as of February 2023
Additional resources for Nebraska home sellers