Georgia real estate trends (October 2021)
How is the real estate market in Georgia?
🏠 Average home value: $251,514
📈 2.12% home value increase month over month
💰 Median sale price: $318,000
⏳ 43 days on the market
🔑 Homes on the market: 29,581
📆 0.8 months of housing inventory
🏦 30-year mortgage rate: 3.09%
💵 Average income: 55660
State of the market: A
Georgia is just peachy for sellers. Despite rising listing prices and home values, because of very low inventory, homes are selling soon after they hit the market.
*Data last updated October 2021
From lush forests to sprawling cities, Georgia offers a mix of rural and urban settings with a Southern charm.
The Peach State is obviously famous for its abundant peaches — as well as peanuts and sweet Vidalia onions. The state's subtropical climate provides hot, sunny summers and mild winters that support its unique agriculture.
Georgia is also home to major corporations including Coca-Cola and Delta Airlines. Its major cities include Atlanta, Savannah, Columbus, and Athens, among others.
If you're thinking of buying or selling in Georgia, these Georgia housing predictions and stats can help you make an informed decision.
Want to save money when you buy or sell your home? With Clever, you'll only pay 1% or $3K in listing fees. Eligible buyers get 0.5% cash back after closing. Find out how much you can save with Clever today!
Selling a home in Georgia
Georgia real estate market forecast for sellers
⏰ Homes are selling 4.5 days faster than the annual average
💰 Homes are selling for $17,533 more than the annual average
💸 Average listing commission: 2.87%
💸 Average buyer's commission: 3.00%
How to sell a home in Georgia
- The Best Low Commission Real Estate Brokers
- Top Real Estate Agents in Georgia (June 2021)
- 8 Steps to Selling a House in Georgia
- How to Sell a House By Owner in Georgia (2021 Update)
- 5 Best Georgia Flat-Fee MLS Companies in 2021
- We Buy Houses for Cash Companies in Georgia (2021 Rankings)
Cost to sell a home in Georgia
- What's The Average Georgia Real Estate Commission In 2021?
- Georgia Seller Closing Costs in 2021: How Much Will You Pay?
- The Ultimate Guide to Georgia Real Estate Taxes
Buying a home in Georgia
How much home you can buy with $300,000 in...
🏠 Atlanta: 1,852 sq ft
🏡 Augusta: 2,321 sq ft
🏡 Savannah: 1,907 sq ft
🏠 Macon: 3,054 sq ft
- How to Save with a Home Buyer Rebate
- 8 Definitive Steps to Buying a House in Georgia
- The 5 Most Affordable Places to Live In Georgia
- The Best Time to Buy a House in Georgia
- Everything You Need to Know About Moving to Georgia
Investing in Georgia real estate
- Top 5 Best Real Estate Investment Markets in Georgia
- How to Buy a Foreclosed Home in Georgia: An In-Depth Guide
- The Ultimate Guide to Flipping Houses in Georgia
- A Beginner's Guide to Buying an Apartment Building
Best of Georgia
Each month, we compare cities in Georgia based on different criteria. This month, we're looking at affordability and ranking the best cities in the state.
Most Affordable Cities in Georgia
2. Macon-Bibb County
4. Warner Robins
Worst of Georgia
Each month, we compare cities in Georgia based on a different criteria. This month we're looking at affordability data. These are the cities that ranked the worst in the state.
Least Affordable Cities in Georgia
3. Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Alpharetta
- Georgia Real Estate Commission & Appraisers Board
- Georgia's real estate license verification
- Georgia's real estate agent code of conduct
- Georgia's disclosure forms
- Transfer taxes in Georgia
- Home buying assistance programs in Georgia
Clever's analysis of state market trends is based on local data from Zillow, realtor.com, Redfin, S&P Global, the U.S. Census, and Clever surveys. Our team of over 20 real estate analysts from across the country research local markets and data to compile our "Best" and "Worst" rankings.