Florida real estate trends (October 2021)
How is the real estate market in Florida?
🏠 Average home value: $305,266
📈 2.60% home value increase month over month
💰 Median sale price: $331,000
⏳ 61 days on the market
🔑 Homes on the market: 57,297
📆 0.8 months of housing inventory
🏦 30-year mortgage rate: 2.94%
💵 Average income: 86420
State of the market: A-
Florida is a rarity: a very hot market with some pockets of affordability, which is attracting buyers from out-of-state. listing prices and home values are both rising, while inventory remains low, making this a great market for sellers.
*Data last updated October 2021
In recent years, Florida has become a major destination for new residents who are ready for a retirement — or just a change of pace.
Beach-lovers enjoy Florida's nearly 700 miles of sandy shores, which provide the perfect setting for swimming, fishing, or just relaxing in the sun. The Sunshine State is also home to Walt Disney World, NASA's Kennedy Space Center, and the Everglades — not to mention the quirky Keys where Ernest Hemingway once made his home.
Whether you enjoy the great outdoors or Miami's bustling nightlife, Florida has no shortage of experiences to offer.
If you're thinking of buying or selling in Florida, these Florida housing predictions and stats can help you make an informed decision.
Want to save money when you buy or sell your home? With Clever, you'll only pay 1% or $3K in listing fees. Eligible buyers get 0.5% cash back after closing. Find out how much you can save with Clever today!
Selling a home in Florida
Florida real estate market forecast for sellers
⏰ Homes are selling 13 days faster than the annual average
💰 Homes are selling for $31,886 more than the annual average
💸 Average listing commission: 2.69%
💸 Average buyer's commission: 2.69%
How to sell a home in Florida
- The Best Low Commission Real Estate Brokers
- Top Real Estate Agents in Florida (June 2021 Rankings)
- 8 Steps to Selling a House in Florida
- How to Sell a House By Owner in Florida (2021 Update)
- 6 Best Florida Flat-Fee MLS Companies in 2021
- We Buy Houses for Cash Companies in Florida (2021 Rankings)
Cost to sell a home in Florida
- What's The Average Florida Real Estate Commission In 2021?
- Florida Seller Closing Costs in 2021: How Much Will You Pay?
- The Ultimate Guide to Florida Real Estate Taxes
Buying a home in Florida
How much home you can buy with $300,000 in...
🏠 Miami: 934 sq ft
🏡 Orlando: 1,502 sq ft
🏡 Tampa: 1,373 sq ft
🏠 Jacksonville: 1,527 sq ft
- How to Save with a Home Buyer Rebate
- Read This BEFORE Buying a Home in Florida – 8 Must-Read Tips
- The 5 Most Affordable Places to Live In Florida
- The Best Time to Buy a House in Florida
- Rent vs Buy in Florida: Which Is Right for You?
- The Ultimate Guide for Moving to Florida
Investing in Florida real estate
- Top 5 Best Real Estate Investment Markets in Florida
- The Ultimate Guide to Flipping Houses in Florida
- A Beginner's Guide to Buying an Apartment Building
Best of Florida
Each month, we compare cities in Florida based on different criteria. This month, we're looking at affordability and ranking the best cities in the state.
Most Affordable Cities in Florida
4. Sebring-Avon Park
Worst of Florida
Each month, we compare cities in Florida based on a different criteria. This month we're looking at affordability data. These are the cities that ranked the worst in the state.
Least Affordable Cities in Florida
1. Key West
2. The Villages
3. Miami-Fort Lauderdale-Pompano Beach
4. Naples-Marco Island
5. Palm Bay-Melbourne-Titusville
- Florida DBPR Real Estate Commission
- Florida's real estate license verification
- Florida's real estate agent code of conduct
- Florida's disclosure forms
- Transfer taxes in Florida
- Home buying assistance programs in Florida
Clever's analysis of state market trends is based on local data from Zillow, realtor.com, Redfin, S&P Global, the U.S. Census, and Clever surveys. Our team of over 20 real estate analysts from across the country research local markets and data to compile our "Best" and "Worst" rankings.