Real estate trends in Florida | Sellers | Buyers | Investors | The best and worst of Florida | Florida resources
Florida real estate trends (May 2022)
How is the real estate market in Florida?
🏠 Average home value: $383,063
📈 0.01% home value increase month over month
💰 Median sale price: $413,400
⏳ 44 days on the market
🔑 Homes on the market: 86,384
📆 1.6 months of housing inventory
🏦 30-year mortgage rate: 5.49000%
💵 Average income: #N/A
State of the market: A-
The value of real estate in Florida continues to rise, and with the low inventory and fast turnaround time of sales, the market won’t be cooling off soon.
*Data last updated May 2022
In recent years, Florida has become a major destination for new residents who are ready for a retirement — or just a change of pace.
Beach-lovers enjoy Florida's nearly 700 miles of sandy shores, which provide the perfect setting for swimming, fishing, or just relaxing in the sun. The Sunshine State is also home to Walt Disney World, NASA's Kennedy Space Center, and the Everglades — not to mention the quirky Keys where Ernest Hemingway once made his home.
Whether you enjoy the great outdoors or Miami's bustling nightlife, Florida has no shortage of experiences to offer.
If you're thinking of buying or selling in Florida, these Florida housing predictions and stats can help you make an informed decision.
Want to save money when you buy or sell your home? With Clever, you'll only pay 1.5% or $3K in listing fees. Eligible buyers get cash back after closing. Find out how much you can save with Clever today!
Selling a home in Florida
Florida real estate market forecast for sellers
⏰ Homes are selling 21 days slower than the annual average
💰 Homes are selling for $1,469 more than the annual average
💸 Average listing commission: 2.70%
💸 Average buyer's commission: 2.70%
How to sell a home in Florida
- The Best Low Commission Real Estate Brokers
- Top Real Estate Agents in Florida (June 2021 Rankings)
- 8 Steps to Selling a House in Florida
- How to Sell a House By Owner in Florida (2021 Update)
- 6 Best Florida Flat-Fee MLS Companies in 2021
- We Buy Houses for Cash Companies in Florida (2021 Rankings)
Cost to sell a home in Florida
- What's The Average Florida Real Estate Commission In 2021?
- Florida Seller Closing Costs in 2021: How Much Will You Pay?
- The Ultimate Guide to Florida Real Estate Taxes
Buying a home in Florida
How much home you can buy with $300,000 in...
🏠 Miami: 761 sq ft
🏡 Orlando: 1,299 sq ft
🏡 Tampa: 1,235 sq ft
🏠 Jacksonville: 1,389 sq ft
- How to Save with a Home Buyer Rebate
- Read This BEFORE Buying a Home in Florida – 8 Must-Read Tips
- The 5 Most Affordable Places to Live In Florida
- The Best Time to Buy a House in Florida
- Rent vs Buy in Florida: Which Is Right for You?
- The Ultimate Guide for Moving to Florida
Investing in Florida real estate
- Top 5 Best Real Estate Investment Markets in Florida
- The Ultimate Guide to Flipping Houses in Florida
- A Beginner's Guide to Buying an Apartment Building
Best of Florida
Each month, we compare locations in Florida based on different criteria. This month, we're looking at levels of happiness and ranking the best counties in the state.
Happiest Counties in Florida
1. Monroe County
2. Wakulla County
3. Miami-Dade County
4. St. Johns County
5. Broward County
Ready to buy a home in Florida? Eligible buyers get cash back with Clever!
Worst of Florida
Each month, we compare locations in Florida based on a different criteria. This month we're looking at levels of happiness data. These are the counties that ranked the worst in the state.
Least Happy Counties in Florida
1. Hamilton County
2. Dixie County
3. Madison County
4. Putnam County
5. Holmes County
- Florida DBPR Real Estate Commission
- Florida's real estate license verification
- Florida's real estate agent code of conduct
- Florida's disclosure forms
- Transfer taxes in Florida
- Home buying assistance programs in Florida
Frequently asked questions about Florida real estate
It is currently a seller’s market in Florida, and high demand is causing properties to sell quickly and for more money. Although that is the general trend in the state, each city and town is different, so it’s still best to consult with a Florida real estate agent to understand the nuances in your local market.
Investing in Florida real estate, especially in a big city like Jacksonville or Miami, can really pay off since there is always a demand for housing. However, such a decision requires proper preparation, like planning your finances and creating a property management plan. To learn more about what you need to do, read our guide to real estate investing.
Now might not be the best time to buy a house in Florida, as listing prices are much higher than usual. However, mortgage rates are lower than in other states, so if you do find the right house for you, lock in that low rate while you can. To understand all your options, you should work with a top real estate agent in Florida.
Clever's analysis of state market trends is based on local data from Zillow, realtor.com, Redfin, Bankrate, the U.S. Census, and Clever surveys. Our team of over 20 real estate analysts from across the country research local markets and data to compile our "Best" and "Worst" rankings.