We Buy Houses companies in Texas offer cash to homeowners that need to sell quickly. We reviewed the top Texas We Buy Houses companies so you can shop around for an offer and make an informed decision.
🔑 Key Takeaways
Top Texas We Buy Houses companies reviews
We Buy Houses companies and other cash buyers allow you to sell your home fast — sometimes in a week or less. We've pulled together some of your best options in Texas.
However, if you can wait longer than two weeks, you can sell your home for top dollar with a realtor — not the 70% value that most cash buyers offer. And, with companies like Clever, you can net even more from your sale with their pre-negotiated low commission rates.
A free consultation with a member of Clever's Concierge Team can help you assess your situation and find an agent who's experienced at selling homes quickly in Texas.
✍️ Editor’s note
The information in the reviews below is publicly available. Unfortunately, though, We Buy Houses companies are not particularly transparent or willing to share information with non-clients.
Time to Offer
Time to Sale
Express Homebuyers is a national service that has partnered with local investors across the country to buy houses for cash.
Steps to sell with Express Homebuyers:
- Submit your home's information to receive an initial "as is" offer
- Meet with the local investor to assess your property and answer any questions
- Discuss the local investor's final cash offer and, if you're willing to sell, sign a sales agreement then and there
- Choose a closing day on your schedule
- Show up on the day of the sale to sign the paperwork and receive cash within hours
Express Homebuyers has partnered with local investors in the following states:
Time to Offer
Time to Sale
Texas Home Buyer is a local, Texas property investor that buys homes for cash in select cities across the state. To sell your home to Texas Home Buyer you can:
- Submit information about your property online or by phone and set up an appointment for an investor to see your home
- Show your home to the investor and receive a no-obligation offer
- Set a closing date on your own schedule as soon as 7 days after accepting the offer
Texas Home Buyer purchases homes throughout the state of Texas.
N/A — as of May 2021, no customer review information was available for Texas Home Buyer.
Time to Offer
Minimum Closing Time
No cost for seller
We Buy Ugly Houses has a better reputation than most individual cash buyers, but the home seller's experience can vary based on the quality of their local franchise. While We Buy Ugly House can close in as little as three weeks, it's common knowledge that they pay far less than fair market value.
- Trusted, nationally recognized brand.
- No need to worry about repairs.
- Close in just three weeks.
- Quality of service may vary between franchises.
- Pays far less than fair market value.
We Buy Ugly Houses has over 800 independently owned and operated franchises across 46 states.
As of April 26, 2021, We Buy Ugly Houses's parent company, Homevestors, has an A+ rating on the Better Business Bureau. No other third-party reviews are available at this time.
This rating is based on overall national data. Research local franchises for specific reviews that reflect their quality of service.
- Website: https://www.webuyuglyhouses.com/
- Phone Number: 866-200-6475
Time to Offer
Time to Sale
Jamie Buys Houses is a local, Texas property investor that buys homes for cash across the state. To sell your home to Jamie Buys Houses you can:
- Submit your property info by phone or online and schedule an appointment with an investor
- Walk your property with the investor who will present a cash offer afterward
- Choose a closing date on your own schedule, as soon as 7 days after accepting the offer
Jamie Buys Houses in Arlington, Dallas, Fort Worth, Kaufman, and throughout the state of Texas.
As of May 2021, Jamie Buys Houses has an average rating of 3.3/5 based on 7 customer reviews on Google.
Time to Offer
Time to Sale
3 - 30 days
House Cashin is a national service that has partnered with local investors across the country to buy houses for cash.
Steps to sell with House Cashin:
- Call and speak with representative of House Cashin, or submit a form on its website, and provide details about your home
- Schedule a visit with a House Cashin representative to view your home. If the representative wishes to buy your home, you will be presented with a cash offer
- Set a closing date and fill out the proper paperwork. When the sale is done, receive the cash for your home
House Cashin has partnered with local investors in the following states:
What is a We Buy Houses company?
We Buy Houses companies and other cash buyers offer a fast solution for homeowners. They purchase houses “as-is” — that is, in their current condition, without any repairs or prep — and pay in cash.
These companies exist because the traditional home selling process doesn’t work for everyone. For example, in Texas, a typical home sale can take 94 days from listing to closing. Some homeowners can’t wait that long.
Further, these companies are another option for sellers with homes in such poor condition that they wouldn't qualify for financing from traditional buyers.
When to use a We Buy Houses company
For home sellers who need to sell in a hurry, want to avoid paying for repairs out of pocket, or are looking for a more convenient selling method, a cash buyer can be a great option.
But they're not right for everyone.
To ensure a profit, We Buy Houses for Cash companies in Texas make offers that are well under fair market value — about 30% less. On a $250,000 home, that means you'd lose out on around $75,000.
Put simply, the speed and convenience these companies offer don't always outweigh the hit you'll take to your bottom line. In many cases, you’re better off working with a full-service real estate agent on the open market to get the most value for your home.
Make more money selling your house!
Clever can match you with a full-service agent so you can sell fast and get top dollar for your home.
How a We Buy Houses company works
While the smaller details and timeline vary from company to company, We Buy Houses companies in Texas all share the same basic business model.
- An interested home seller reaches out directly to the cash buyer company
- The company assesses the property, focusing on factors like necessary repairs and potential resale value
- Based on the amount of time and money it will to need to invest in the property, the company makes an "as-is" cash offer
- If the homeowner accepts, the deal closes quickly because there's no need to negotiate, wait for financing approval, or inspect and appraise the property
- The cash buyer repairs the home and then resells it for a profit
The quick process benefits homeowners who don't have the resources or time for a traditional sale.
For perspective, according to realtor.com, houses typically spend 49 days on the market in Texas before the seller accepts an offer. Then there's the closing process, which takes between 30 to 45 days if the buyer is applying for a mortgage. That means it can take the typical seller up to 94 days to finalize the sale.
In comparison, some We Buy Houses for Cash companies in Texas can complete the whole process in as few as seven days.
Cash Buyer Process
Prepping the House
Days to months, depending on the condition
None — these companies buy homes "as-is"
Time to Offer
2 days or fewer
7 days or fewer
Ballpark vs. official offers
Many Texas We Buy Houses companies advertise that they'll send you an offer in as few as seven minutes. This is not an official offer.
After talking to a company representative, they'll give you a ballpark estimate of what they'll pay. Very few companies will make a binding offer sight-unseen — and if they do it'll be substantially lower to account for possible issues.
Once you schedule an in-person inspection, the company will present a legal offer, often on the spot.
Who actually buys your home
Some of the bigger, well-known We Buy Houses companies in Texas aren't actually buying your home. Instead, it's a network of local investors or the company simply refers interested sellers' information to local house flippers.
In these cases, how long the process takes will depend on the investors in your area.
For example, we called a few We Buy Houses companies that advertised offers in less than an hour… and none of them responded within that time frame.
We Buy Houses companies pros and cons
What are the best alternatives to We Buy Houses companies?
- Sell through a low commission company, like Clever or Redfin
- Get an instant offer with an iBuyer, like OpenDoor
- Contact one of the top real estate agents in Texas
How much will We Buy Houses companies in Texas pay?
We buy houses companies use the 70% offer rule to ensure they'll make a profit. Basically, the 70% rule says the buyer shouldn't pay more than 70% of the home's After Repair Value (ARV) — what they hope to sell the house for — minus repairs.
On a Texas home that would sell for $150,000 on the open market, they may only pay $105,000. Selling a home that's worth $300,000? You may only see an offer for $210,000.
How much does selling a home to a We Buy Houses company in Texas cost?
On the surface, nothing. These companies don't charge you fees to buy your home. You'll also avoid many traditional selling costs, like realtor commissions and closing costs.
When you add all these expenses up, selling to a cash buyer can have significantly fewer upfront costs than a typical home sale. However, given the lower prices they offer, the savings don't always make up the difference. You could end up with much less in your pocket at the end of the day.
Here's how much a seller in Texas can walk away with using your state's median listing price of $319,404, average selling costs, and carrying costs (that is, the daily cost of owning a home, including utilities, mortgage, and taxes).
Selling to a We Buy Houses Company
Selling with a Traditional Realtor
Selling with Clever
Commissions and service fees
*Based on the average listing price for the last 12 months (realtor.com)
^70% rule and assuming the house needs 10% of its ARV in repairs
**Based on HomeAdvisor national average
Are We Buy Houses for Cash companies scams?
In general, We Buy Houses companies in Texas are not out to scam you. Some are national franchises and others are family-owned. In both cases, they rely on their reputation to close deals, so there is little incentive to scam people.
That being said, as with any industry, there are bad apples. If a "cash buyer" approaches you, check that they have an established web presence and customer reviews before giving them your personal information.
Also read all the fine print on any contract they present. Look up words or terms you don't understand. And never assume the contract says what you agreed to verbally.
Most importantly, look at the contract's contingencies. These are the conditions that allow the buyer to back out of the sale or change terms. Unless you understand the contingencies, you could be taken advantage of.