If you’re selling your home for sale by owner (FSBO) in Asheville, hiring a flat-fee MLS service can help you increase your listing’s visibility to potential buyers.
The average commission rate for full-service listing agents in North Carolina is approximately 3%. Based on the median sale price for Asheville homes — which as of December 31, 2023 was $410,080 — that translates to about $12,302.
In contrast, you'll pay between $89 and $995 to list your home with flat-fee MLS companies in Asheville. The most basic flat-fee real estate packages will offer little more than a listing on the MLS, but more comprehensive packages could include additional services like help with negotiations and paperwork.
That being said, using a Asheville flat-fee MLS company to sell FSBO comes with additional costs in terms of time, energy, and your final sales price. You'll have to manage your own sale — from scheduling showings to drafting contracts. And, FSBO homes usually sell for 6% less on average than agented properties.
If using a flat-fee MLS company is still the right choice for your sale, we've picked some of the best flat-fee MLS services in Asheville.
But, if you're not ready to sell FSBO, one of your best options is to work with a discount real estate company like Clever. With Clever, you'll only pay 1.5% to list your home instead of the typical 3%. And, you'll get full-service support from a great Asheville realtor so you can sell for top dollar!
The best Asheville flat-fee MLS companies
Every Asheville flat-fee MLS service is different. When evaluating the following options, be sure to read the fine print. Look at things like the length of the listing term, fees to change your listing, how many photos you can add, and more.
Carolina Listing ExpressCarolina Listing Express.com
Number of Photos
- Carolina Listing Express.com is a flat-fee MLS service operated by Select Premium Properties, a licensed real estate brokerage in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Virginia, Maryland, Washington DC and Pennsylvania.
- Listings typically go live in a business day
- Free listing changes within the first 24 hours ($20 per change after that)
- $45 fee to cancel contract early
- You choose the buyer’s agent commission
- Buyer and agent inquiries forwarded to you via email
- 6-month listing on MLS
- Syndicated to Realtor.com, Zillow, Trulia, and more
- 5 Photos
- Contracts and forms (downloadable)
- Color brochure
- ShowingTime scheduling and feedback system
Additional a-la-carte services include: For Sale sign, lockbox, additional photos, open house announcements, and more
- Offers money-back guarantee if you decide to list with a full-service agent referred by Georgia Listing Express.com
- Buyer inquiries forwarded directly to you
- Only one option
- $175 processing fee when home closes and $45 cancelation fee
As of August 3, 2020, Select Premium Properties has an A+ rating on the Better Business Bureau.
National flat-fee MLS services in Asheville
Didn't find a great option in local flat-fee MLS companies? These national brands operate in the Asheville area, too.
Number of Photos
ISoldMyHouse.com is a nationwide flat fee MLS referral service, operated by Get Listed Realty, that connects you with local brokers and agents who will list your home on the MLS for a pre-negotiated rate.
Your listing will be live within 24 hours.
The lower-priced plan is good for rentals and small 1–2 bedroom homes where limited photos are needed.
Get LISTED!: $299
6-month MLS listing
Schedule open houses
Online customer support
Get SOLD!: $399
Includes Get LISTED! plan, plus:
You get unlimited listing changes.
You choose the buyer's agent commission.
Leads are forwarded to you.
There's no cancellation fee.
There are free online guides and articles for selling a home without a realtor.
You can easily share your listing on all major social media platforms.
The only difference between the packages is the number of photos allowed.
There's no built-in home valuation or market analysis.
Number of Photos
- Houzeo is a flat-fee MLS referral service that connects you with North Carolina brokers and agents who will list your home on your local MLS for a pre-negotiated rate
- Draft your listing, upload photos, set your price, and sign MLS contracts via Houzeo’s online dashboard
- Autofills listing details using publicly available info about your home to expedite the listing process
- Home valuation not included in service
- Does not require that you offer buyer’s agent commission
- Listing is typically live within 24 hours of submission
|$225 - Bronze
$325 - Silver
|$395 - Gold
- Free cancellation anytime (no refunds)
- Freedom to specify any buyer’s agent commission
- Listings typically go live within 24 hours
- Limited coverage in rural areas
- “Free changes” only apply to listings price, status, and property description; $10 for additional changes
As of August 10, 2020, Houzeo has an average rating of 4.8/5 based on 21 reviews on Google.
Alternatives to Flat-fee MLS services in Asheville
To sell your home for top price, it’s important to weigh all of your options before making a final decision. A Asheville flat-fee MLS company may make the most sense for your sale, or one of these options may work better.
- The Best Low-Commission Real Estate Agents
- What to Know Before Selling to an iBuyer
- How to Sell Your Home to a Cash Buyer
For most sellers, though, working with a company like Clever is the best way to maximize your savings while selling your home for top dollar.
Want to find a top local agent without overpaying on realtor fees? Clever negotiates 1.5% listing fees with top-rated realtors from trusted brokerages like Keller Williams, RE/MAX, and Berkshire Hathaway.
Get guaranteed full service for a fraction of the 3% rate agents typically charge. Schedule a free, no obligation consultation with a top local agent today!