Washington real estate trends (October 2021)
How is the real estate market in Washington?
🏠 Average home value: $529,768
📈 2.48% home value increase month over month
💰 Median sale price: $581,000
⏳ 36 days on the market
🔑 Homes on the market: 9,271
📆 0.6 months of housing inventory
🏦 30-year mortgage rate: 2.96%
💵 Average income: 74222
State of the market: A
Washington home values are nearly twice the national average, and they’re rising fast (along with listing prices). With high demand and very little inventory, this market shows no signs of slowing down.
*Data last updated October 2021
Bordering Canada in the northwest corner of the United State, Washington is known for producing apples, grunge music, and Seattle's iconic role in movies like 10 Things I Hate About You.
The Evergreen State's biggest industries include aerospace, technology, and lumber. In Washington's western half, the winter rainy season is a perfect match for the state's abundant coffee. East of the Cascade Mountains, you'll find a more arid climate.
Beyond Seattle, Washington offers plenty of small, quirky towns ideal for families. Redmond and Bellevue have both earned recognition for their excellent public schools and abundant parks and restaurants.
If you're thinking of buying or selling in Washington, these Washington housing predictions and stats can help you make an informed decision.
Want to save money when you buy or sell your home? With Clever, you'll only pay 1% or $3K in listing fees. Eligible buyers get 0.5% cash back after closing. Find out how much you can save with Clever today!
Selling a home in Washington
Washington real estate market forecast for sellers
⏰ Homes are selling 3 days faster than the annual average
💰 Homes are selling for $27,857 more than the annual average
💸 Average listing commission: 2.59%
💸 Average buyer's commission: 2.58%
How to sell a home in Washington
- The Best Low Commission Real Estate Brokers
- Top Real Estate Agents in Washington (June 2021 Rankings)
- 8 Steps to Selling a House in Washington
- How to Sell a House By Owner in Washington (2021 Update)
- 3 Best Washington Flat-Fee MLS Companies in 2021
- We Buy Houses for Cash Companies in Washington (2021 Rankings)
Cost to sell a home in Washington
- The Average Washington Real Estate Commission (2021)
- Washington Seller Closing Costs in 2021: How Much Will You Pay?
Buying a home in Washington
How much home you can buy with $300,000 in...
🏠 Seattle: 792 sq ft
🏡 Olympia: 1,158 sq ft
🏡 Spokane: 1,450 sq ft
🏠 Bremerton: 1,085 sq ft
- How to Save with a Home Buyer Rebate
- 8 Definitive Steps to Buying a House in Washington State
- The 5 Most Affordable Places to Live In Washington State
- The Best Time to Buy a House in Washington
- Everything You Need to Know About Moving to Washington State
Investing in Washington real estate
- The Ultimate Guide to Flipping Houses in Washington
- A Beginner's Guide to Buying an Apartment Building
Best of Washington
Each month, we compare cities in Washington based on different criteria. This month, we're looking at affordability and ranking the best cities in the state.
Most Affordable Cities in Washington
4. Moses Lake
5. Walla Walla
Worst of Washington
Each month, we compare cities in Washington based on a different criteria. This month we're looking at affordability data. These are the cities that ranked the worst in the state.
Least Affordable Cities in Washington
1. Oak Harbor
2. Mount Vernon-Anacortes
- Washington State Department of licensing
- Washington's real estate license verification
- Washington's real estate agent code of conduct
- Washington's disclosure forms
- Transfer taxes in Washington
- Home buying assistance programs in Washington
Clever's analysis of state market trends is based on local data from Zillow, realtor.com, Redfin, S&P Global, the U.S. Census, and Clever surveys. Our team of over 20 real estate analysts from across the country research local markets and data to compile our "Best" and "Worst" rankings.