Oregon real estate trends (October 2021)
How is the real estate market in Oregon?
🏠 Average home value: $457,158
📈 2.36% home value increase month over month
💰 Median sale price: $461,000
⏳ 43 days on the market
🔑 Homes on the market: 8,209
📆 0.7 months of housing inventory
🏦 30-year mortgage rate: 2.97%
💵 Average income: 52919
State of the market: A
Oregon is a strong seller’s market, with home values that are quite a bit higher than the national average, and rising fast. Listing prices are skyrocketing, too, due to the low amount of inventory in this hot market.
*Data last updated October 2021
In recent years, Oregon has attracted a wave of new residents eager to make the state their home.
From its rocky coastline in the west to high desert in the east, Oregon contains multitudes. For those undeterred by Oregon's rainy season, the state offers an impressive 2,664 trails that will guide you through serene pine forests and past dramatic waterfalls.
For those in search of creature comforts, the Beaver State also has a well-deserved reputation for its creative craft beer and food scene — not to mention fostering punk and indie rock.
If you're thinking of buying or selling in Oregon, these Oregon housing predictions and stats can help you make an informed decision.
Want to save money when you buy or sell your home? With Clever, you'll only pay 1% or $3K in listing fees. Eligible buyers get 0.5% cash back after closing. Find out how much you can save with Clever today!
Selling a home in Oregon
Oregon real estate market forecast for sellers
⏰ Homes are selling 6 days faster than the annual average
💰 Homes are selling for $20,361 more than the annual average
💸 Average listing commission: 2.65%
💸 Average buyer's commission: 2.55%
How to sell a home in Oregon
- The Best Low Commission Real Estate Brokers
- Top Real Estate Agents in Oregon (June 2021 Rankings)
- 8 Steps to Selling a House in Oregon
- How to Sell a House By Owner in Oregon (2021 Update)
- 3 Best Oregon Flat-Fee MLS Companies in 2021
- We Buy Houses for Cash Companies in Oregon (2021 Rankings)
Cost to sell a home in Oregon
- What's The Average Oregon Real Estate Commission In 2021?
- The Ultimate Guide to Oregon Real Estate Taxes
Buying a home in Oregon
How much home you can buy with $300,000 in...
🏠 Portland: 1,032 sq ft
🏡 Salem: 1,188 sq ft
🏡 Eugene: 1,094 sq ft
🏠 Medford: 1,099 sq ft
- How to Save with a Home Buyer Rebate
- 8 Definitive Steps to Buying a House in Oregon
- The 5 Most Affordable Places to Live In Oregon
- The Best Time to Buy a House in Oregon
- The Ultimate Guide for Moving to Oregon
Investing in Oregon real estate
- Top 5 Best Real Estate Investment Markets in Oregon
- The Ultimate Guide to Flipping Houses in Oregon
- A Beginner's Guide to Buying an Apartment Building
Best of Oregon
Each month, we compare cities in Oregon based on different criteria. This month, we're looking at affordability and ranking the best cities in the state.
Most Affordable Cities in Oregon
2. Klamath Falls
Worst of Oregon
Each month, we compare cities in Oregon based on a different criteria. This month we're looking at affordability data. These are the cities that ranked the worst in the state.
Least Affordable Cities in Oregon
1. Grants Pass
- Oregon Real Estate Agency
- Oregon's real estate license verification
- Oregon's real estate agent code of conduct
- Oregon's disclosure forms
- Transfer taxes in Oregon
- Home buying assistance programs in Oregon
Clever's analysis of state market trends is based on local data from Zillow, realtor.com, Redfin, S&P Global, the U.S. Census, and Clever surveys. Our team of over 20 real estate analysts from across the country research local markets and data to compile our "Best" and "Worst" rankings.