Missouri real estate trends (July 2021)
How is the real estate market in Missouri?
🏠 Average home value: $192,094
📈 1.53% home value increase month over month
💰 Median sale price: $221,000
⏳ 61 days on the market
🔑 Homes on the market: 9,138
📆 0.6 months of housing inventory
🏦 30-year mortgage rate: 3.01%
💵 Average income: $55,461
State of the market: B
There is a big gap between Missouri's listing prices and home values, which suggests sellers are overpricing their homes. And buyers tend to agree since properties are now spending longer on the market.
*Data last updated July 2021
From St. Louis's iconic Gateway Arch to oversized statues of roosters and rocking chairs, Missouri is a state that can feel larger than life.
The Show-Me State boasts a thriving beer scene and its own unique spin on barbeque. Coupled with its affordable cost of living and highly rated public schools, Missouri is ideal for families and and young professionals alike.
Missouri also features an impressive 91 state parks that welcome visitors year-round. Fun fact: the state has more than 6,400 caves, including Onondaga Cave, Cathedral Cave, Fisher Cave, and Ozark Caverns, which all welcome visitors for public tours.
If you're thinking of buying or selling in Missouri, these Missouri housing predictions and stats can help you make an informed decision.
Want to save money when you buy or sell your home? With Clever, you'll only pay 1% or $3K in listing fees. Eligible buyers get 0.5% cash back after closing. Find out how much you can save with Clever today!
Selling a home in Missouri
Missouri real estate market forecast for sellers
⏰ Homes are selling 22 days faster than the annual average
💰 Homes are selling for $15,421 more than the annual average
💸 Average listing commission: 3.07%
💸 Average buyer's commission: 2.85%
How to sell a home in Missouri
- The Best Low Commission Real Estate Brokers
- Top Real Estate Agents in Missouri (June 2021 Rankings)
- 8 Steps to Selling a House in Missouri
- How to Sell a House By Owner in Missouri (2021 Update)
- 4 Best Missouri Flat-Fee MLS Companies in 2021
- 5 Missouri We Buy Houses for Cash Companies & Alternatives (2021 Rankings)
Cost to sell a home in Missouri
- What's The Average Missouri Real Estate Commission In 2021?
- The Ultimate Guide to Missouri Real Estate Taxes
Buying a home in Missouri
How much home you can buy with $300,000 in...
🏠 St. Louis: 2,117 sq ft
🏡 Springfield: 2,367 sq ft
🏡 Kansas City: 1,876 sq ft
🏠 Columbia: 2,162 sq ft
- How to Save with a Home Buyer Rebate
- 8 Definitive Steps to Buying a House in Missouri
- The 5 Most Affordable Places to Live In Missouri
- The Best Time to Buy a House in Missouri
- The Ultimate Guide for Moving to Missouri
Investing in Missouri real estate
Best of Missouri
Each month, we compare cities in Missouri based on different criteria. This month, we're looking at affordability and ranking the best cities in the state.
Most Affordable Cities in Missouri
1. St. Joseph
4. Jefferson City
Worst of Missouri
Each month, we compare cities in Missouri based on a different criteria. This month we're looking at affordability data. These are the cities that ranked the worst in the state.
Least Affordable Cities in Missouri
1. Kansas City
3. Cape Girardeau
- Missouri Division of Professional Registration
- Missouri's real estate license verification
- Missouri's real estate agent code of conduct
- Missouri's disclosure forms
- Transfer taxes in Missouri
- Home buying assistance programs in Missouri
Clever's analysis of state market trends is based on local data from Zillow, realtor.com, Redfin, S&P Global, the U.S. Census, and Clever surveys. Our team of over 20 real estate analysts from across the country research local markets and data to compile our "Best" and "Worst" rankings.