Massachusetts real estate trends (July 2021)
How is the real estate market in Massachusetts?
🏠 Average home value: $521,818
📈 1.91% home value increase month over month
💰 Median sale price: $561,000
⏳ 44 days on the market
🔑 Homes on the market: 9,024
📆 2.4 months of housing inventory
🏦 30-year mortgage rate: 3.01%
💵 Average income: $81,215
State of the market: A-
Home values are very high in Massachusetts — and listing prices are even higher. While there are more homes for sale than in other hot markets, homes are selling very quickly. Sellers who price their properties realistic should find a buyer in no time.
*Data last updated July 2021
From the rolling Berkshires in the west to Boston's fresh ocean breezes, Massachusetts offers plenty of opportunities to experience New England's unique landscape and culture.
Technically a commonwealth, the Bay State is known around the world for its high concentration of universities and outstanding seafood.
Though it gets an average of 47 inches of snow per year, Massachusetts has a surprisingly mild climate, with weather that rarely dips below freezing or above 91 degrees.
If you're thinking of buying or selling in Massachusetts, these Massachusetts housing predictions and stats can help you make an informed decision.
Want to save money when you buy or sell your home? With Clever, you'll only pay 1% or $3K in listing fees. Eligible buyers get 0.5% cash back after closing. Find out how much you can save with Clever today!
Selling a home in Massachusetts
Massachusetts real estate market forecast for sellers
⏰ Homes are selling 21 days faster than the annual average
💰 Homes are selling for $17,850 more than the annual average
💸 Average listing commission: 2.67%
💸 Average buyer's commission: 2.30%
How to sell a home in Massachusetts
- The Best Low Commission Real Estate Brokers
- Top Real Estate Agents in Massachusetts (June 2021 Rankings)
- 8 Steps to Selling a House in Massachusetts
- How to Sell a House By Owner in Massachusetts (2021 Update)
- 4 Best Massachusetts Flat-Fee MLS Companies in 2021
- 5 Massachusetts We Buy Houses for Cash Companies & Alternatives (2021 Rankings)
Cost to sell a home in Massachusetts
- The Average Massachusetts Real Estate Commission (2021)
- Massachusetts Seller Closing Costs in 2021: How Much Will You Pay?
Buying a home in Massachusetts
How much home you can buy with $300,000 in...
🏠 Boston: 722 sq ft
🏡 Springfield: 1,462 sq ft
🏡 Worcester: 1,312 sq ft
🏠 Pittsfield: 1,224 sq ft
- How to Save with a Home Buyer Rebate
- 8 Definitive Steps to Buying a House in Massachusetts
- The 5 Most Affordable Places to Live In Massachusetts
- The Best Time to Buy a House in Massachusetts
Investing in Massachusetts real estate
- Top 5 Best Real Estate Investment Markets in Massachusetts
- How to Buy a Foreclosed Home in Massachusetts
- The Ultimate Guide to Flipping Houses in Massachusetts
- A Beginner's Guide to Buying an Apartment Building
Best of Massachusetts
Each month, we compare cities in Massachusetts based on different criteria. This month, we're looking at affordability and ranking the best cities in the state.
Most Affordable Cities in Massachusetts
Worst of Massachusetts
Each month, we compare cities in Massachusetts based on a different criteria. This month we're looking at affordability data. These are the cities that ranked the worst in the state.
Least Affordable Cities in Massachusetts
2. Barnstable Town
- Massachusetts Board of Registration of Real Estate Brokers and Salespersons
- Massachusetts's real estate license verification
- Massachusetts's real estate agent code of conduct
- Massachusetts's disclosure forms
- Transfer taxes in Massachusetts
- Home buying assistance programs in Massachusetts
Clever's analysis of state market trends is based on local data from Zillow, realtor.com, Redfin, S&P Global, the U.S. Census, and Clever surveys. Our team of over 20 real estate analysts from across the country research local markets and data to compile our "Best" and "Worst" rankings.