Indiana real estate trends (October 2021)
How is the real estate market in Indiana?
🏠 Average home value: $188,505
📈 1.54% home value increase month over month
💰 Median sale price: $235,000
⏳ 45 days on the market
🔑 Homes on the market: 9,137
📆 1.2 months of housing inventory
🏦 30-year mortgage rate: 2.96%
💵 Average income: 65886
State of the market: B-
Indiana’s real estate market is healthy; prices are steadily rising and inventory is decreasing. But with low interest rates accounting for a good part of the demand in the state, it’ll be interesting to see what happens if rates start to rise.
*Data last updated October 2021
When it comes to sports, Indiana is legendary.
Not only was the Hoosier state home to basketball legends including Louie Dampier and Larry Bird, but the nation's first professional baseball game took place in Fort Wayne. The state capital is also home to the thrilling Indianapolis 500, where drivers speed around the track at over 200 miles per hour.
But Indiana has plenty to offer non-sports fans, too, from its thriving agriculture to its powerful automotive industry. Its biggest cities include Indianapolis, Fort Wayne, and Evansville, among others.
If you're thinking of buying or selling in Indiana, these Indiana housing predictions and stats can help you make an informed decision.
Want to save money when you buy or sell your home? With Clever, you'll only pay 1% or $3K in listing fees. Eligible buyers get 0.5% cash back after closing. Find out how much you can save with Clever today!
Selling a home in Indiana
Indiana real estate market forecast for sellers
⏰ Homes are selling 8.5 days faster than the annual average
💰 Homes are selling for $9,925 more than the annual average
💸 Average listing commission: 2.97%
💸 Average buyer's commission: 2.91%
How to sell a home in Indiana
- The Best Low Commission Real Estate Brokers
- Top Real Estate Agents in Indiana (June 2021 Rankings)
- 8 Steps to Selling a House in Indiana
- How to Sell a House By Owner in Indiana (2021 Update)
- 5 Best Indiana Flat-Fee MLS Companies in 2021
- 5 Indiana We Buy Houses for Cash Companies & Alternatives (2021 Rankings)
Cost to sell a home in Indiana
- What's The Average Indiana Real Estate Commission In 2021?
- Indiana Seller Closing Costs in 2021: How Much Will You Pay?
- The Ultimate Guide to Indiana Real Estate Taxes
Buying a home in Indiana
How much home you can buy with $300,000 in...
🏠 Indianapolis: 2,291 sq ft
🏡 Evansville: 2,895 sq ft
🏡 Fort Wayne: 2,537 sq ft
🏠 South Bend: 2,397 sq ft
- How to Save with a Home Buyer Rebate
- 8 Definitive Steps to Buying a House in Indiana
- The Best Time to Buy a House in Indiana
Investing in Indiana real estate
- Top 5 Best Real Estate Investment Markets in Indiana
- The Ultimate Guide to Flipping Houses in Indiana
- A Beginner's Guide to Buying an Apartment Building
Best of Indiana
Each month, we compare cities in Indiana based on different criteria. This month, we're looking at affordability and ranking the best cities in the state.
Most Affordable Cities in Indiana
3. Terre Haute
4. Michigan City-La Porte
Worst of Indiana
Each month, we compare cities in Indiana based on a different criteria. This month we're looking at affordability data. These are the cities that ranked the worst in the state.
Least Affordable Cities in Indiana
- Indiana Real Estate Commission
- Indiana's real estate license verification
- Indiana's real estate agent code of conduct
- Indiana's disclosure forms
- Transfer taxes in Indiana
- Home buying assistance programs in Indiana
Clever's analysis of state market trends is based on local data from Zillow, realtor.com, Redfin, S&P Global, the U.S. Census, and Clever surveys. Our team of over 20 real estate analysts from across the country research local markets and data to compile our "Best" and "Worst" rankings.