Minnesota real estate trends (May 2022)
Minnesota is nicknamed the Land of 10,000 Lakes for its stunning natural beauty. But along with its shining lakes and lush forests, the state is also home to the Twin Cities — St. Paul and Minneapolis — where Fortune 500 companies including Target and General Mills are headquartered.
Minnesota's overcast weather and snowy winters make it an ideal place to practice the Danish tradition of hygge.
If you're thinking of buying or selling in Minnesota, these Minnesota housing predictions and stats can help you make an informed decision.
Want to save money when you buy or sell your home? With Clever, you'll only pay 1.5% or $3K in listing fees. Eligible buyers get cash back after closing. Find out how much you can save with Clever today!
Selling a home in Minnesota
|Minnesota real estate market forecast for sellers|
|⏰ Homes are selling 23 days slower than the annual average||💰 Homes are selling for $26,185 more than the annual average|
|💸 Average listing commission: 2.73%||💸 Average buyer's commission: 2.68%|
How to sell a home in Minnesota
- The Best Low Commission Real Estate Brokers
- Top Real Estate Agents in Minnesota (June 2021 Rankings)
- 8 Steps to Selling a House in Minnesota
- How to Sell a House By Owner in Minnesota (2021 Update)
- 5 Best Minnesota Flat-Fee MLS Companies in 2021
- We Buy Houses for Cash Companies in Minnesota (2021 Rankings)
Cost to sell a home in Minnesota
- What's The Average Minnesota Real Estate Commission In 2021?
- Minnesota Seller Closing Costs in 2021: How Much Will You Pay?
List with the best agents in your area for just 1.5%. On average, Clever sellers save $7,000 on commission!
Our agent matching service is 100% free with zero obligation.
Buying a home in Minnesota
|How much home you can buy with $300,000 in...|
|🏠 Minneapolis: 1,382 sq ft||🏡 Rochester: 2,128 sq ft|
|🏡 Duluth: 1,714 sq ft||🏠 Brainerd: 1,370 sq ft|
- How to Save with a Home Buyer Rebate
- 8 Definitive Steps to Buying a House in Minnesota
- The 5 Most Affordable Places to Live In Minnesota
- The Best Time to Buy a House in Minnesota
- Everything You Need to Know About Moving to Minnesota
Investing in Minnesota real estate
- Top 5 Best Real Estate Investment Markets in Minnesota
- The Ultimate Guide to Flipping Houses in Minnesota
- A Beginner's Guide to Buying an Apartment Building
Best of Minnesota
Each month, we compare locations in Minnesota based on different criteria. This month, we're looking at levels of happiness and ranking the best counties in the state.
|Happiest Counties in Minnesota|
|1. Anoka County|
|2. Dakota County|
|3. Scott County|
|4. Washington County|
|5. Carver County|
Worst of Minnesota
Each month, we compare locations in Minnesota based on a different criteria. This month we're looking at levels of happiness data. These are the counties that ranked the worst in the state.
|Least Happy Counties in Minnesota|
|1. Clearwater County|
|2. Mahnomen County|
|3. Mille Lacs County|
|4. Wadena County|
|5. Kanabec County|
- Minnesota Commerce Department Real Estate Licensing
- Minnesota's real estate license verification
- Minnesota's real estate agent code of conduct
- Minnesota's disclosure forms
- Transfer taxes in Minnesota
- Home buying assistance programs in Minnesota
If you're weighing your options for buying or selling a house, Clever can help!
Our fully licensed concierge team is standing by to answer questions and provide free, objective advice on getting the best outcome with your sale or purchase.
Ready to get started?
Give us a call at 1-833-2-CLEVER or enter your info below. Our concierge team will be in touch shortly to help.
Remember, this service is 100% free and there’s never any obligation.
Frequently asked questions about Minnesota real estate
Is it a buyer's or seller's market in Minnesota?
It is currently a seller’s market in Minnesota. Even though listing prices have dropped, it's caused properties to be sold much faster than average. While that is the overall market trend, each city and town is different, so it’s still best to consult with a real estate agent to know your local trends.
Is Minnesota a good state to invest in real estate?
Yes, Minnesota is a good state to invest in real estate, especially in bigger cities like Minneapolis and St. Paul, where the demand for housing is higher and consistent. However, if you want to make the most out of your investment, then you’ll first need to do some research about the right properties to buy and create a property management plan. Learn more in our guide to real estate investing.
Is it a good time to buy a house in Minnesota?
It might not be the best time to buy a house in Minnesota right now. Although listing prices are a bit lower than they have been, the heightened demand and limited inventory are causing prices to increase steadily. If you’re planning on buying in the state, then it’s best to work with a top real estate agent to help you land a good deal.