Getting ready to sell your Minnesota home? Here’s how long you can expect it to take — and some tips on how to speed things up (and still get a great price).
- In 2022, the average time it takes to sell a home in Minnesota — from listing through closing — is approximately 80 days. That’s 45 days to get an offer, plus the typical 35-day closing period.
- Key factors that impact Minnesota home sale timelines include local market conditions (e.g., buyer demand, job market, rising home values, etc.), time of year, and your property’s type and condition.
- Your agent’s listing strategy (pricing, marketing, networking, etc.) and the buyer’s financing situation — i.e., the amount of time it takes for them to secure loan approval — will also influence how long your sale ultimately takes.
Read on to learn more about how long it takes to sell a house in Minnesota and get some pro tips on how to speed up your sale, get better offers, and save thousands in the process.
|Editor’s Note: The data in this article may be slightly skewed because of COVID-19’s disruptive effect on real estate trends. See the table at the end of this article to compare data from before and after the pandemic and see how drastically trends were affected in your state.
JUMP TO SECTION
- What’s the average time to sell a house in Minnesota?
- Best time to sell a house in Minnesota
- Best month to sell a house fast in Minnesota
- Best month to sell a house in Minnesota for price
- Tips to get your Minnesota home sold
- Next steps for Minnesota home sellers
- Additional resources for Minnesota home sellers
What’s the average time to sell a house in Minnesota?
The average time it takes to sell a house in Minnesota is 80 days — 45 days to get an offer and an additional 35 days to close. This is approximately 8.0% faster than the national average.
Keep in mind that these are annual averages and the numbers will vary by month and/or season.
👋 Don't want to wait 80 days to sell your house?
Selling to a Minnesota cash home buyer could put money in your bank account in as little as 7 days.
Clever Offers makes it easy to compare offer from top cash home buyers in Minnesota. Just fill out the form below to get matched with a top local realtor, who will request offers on your behalf from trustworthy local companies. You'll also get a free home valuation, so you can see what your house is worth on the open market and be confident you're making the right decision.
You can request cash offers without any risk or obligation — if you're not happy with an offer, you're free to walk away.
Compare offers from top cash buyers, plus get an expert realtor's opinion on what your house is worth.
Best time to sell a house in Minnesota
In addition to the average days on market and list price data, we’ve compiled data on the BEST (and worst) times to sell your Minnesota house based on what’s most important to you:
- Fastest Time to Sell: When should you list your home if you’re looking to sell quickly?
- Highest Sale Price: What month should you list in to get the best possible price for your home?
Best month to sell a house fast in Minnesota
The best month to sell a house fast in Minnesota is May. The median time it takes for Minnesota homes listed in May to sell is 32 days, which is 13 days faster than the annual average.
» READ: How to sell your house fast
Best month to sell a house in Minnesota for price
The best month to sell a house in Minnesota in terms of sale price is June. The median sale price in June is $409,950, which is 4.0% — or $15,890 — more than the annual average.
Tips to get your Minnesota home sold
1. Time the market
The time it takes to sell fluctuates based on the time of year. In Minnesota, you’ll sell fast if you list your home in May, but be sure to consult with your real estate agent to discuss the best time to sell in your part of Minnesota.
2. Stage your home to sell
Most buyers get a gut instinct about a home the moment they walk in. As a seller, you need to make sure buyers feel at home immediately by staging your property. Your realtor can offer advice on how to capitalize on popular interior design trends in your area.
3. Take professional photos for your listing
Good photos of your home will make your home stand out to buyers on listing sites, so make sure you invest in a good photographer who can make your home stand out from the crowd. Take some shots of the interior and exterior, and make sure your home is tidied up before the shoot.
4. Keep your home available for showings
Once you’ve got a buyer hooked on your listing, you need to get them in the door so they can fall in love. Try to keep your schedule open so that you can accommodate as many buyers as possible.
5. Price your home competitively
One of the hardest parts of selling a home is making sure the price is right — list your home for too much, and no one will bite. List for too little, and you’ll lose out on thousands. Speak with your realtor about a comparative market analysis (CMA), which will help determine a competitive and fair price that will make your home sell like a hot cake.
Next steps for Minnesota home sellers
If you’re looking to sell your home fast in Minnesota and get a great price, Clever Real Estate can match you with a top local realtor from a trusted brand like Keller Williams or RE/MAX.
Clever also negotiates reduced 1.5% listing fees on your behalf. You'll get guaranteed full service and support from your agent, but pay half of the 3% listing fee most realtors charge.
Importantly, home sellers who list with Clever get their first qualified offer in an average of 24.1 days* — that’s 21 days faster than the average time to offer in Minnesota. Find a top local agent and get a 1.5% listing fee now!
Want to find a top local agent without overpaying on realtor fees? Clever negotiates 1.5% listing fees with top-rated realtors from name-brand conventional brokerages like Keller Williams, RE/MAX, and Berkshire Hathaway.
Get guaranteed full service for half the rate these agents typically charge. Schedule a free, no obligation consultation with a top local agent today!
*Average time to offer for Clever home sellers