Texas real estate trends (July 2021)
How is the real estate market in Texas?
🏠 Average home value: $241,987
📈 1.77% home value increase month over month
💰 Median sale price: $319,000
⏳ 53 days on the market
🔑 Homes on the market: 41,357
📆 0.7 months of housing inventory
🏦 30-year mortgage rate: 2.99%
💵 Average income: $61,874
State of the market: A
Texas’ real estate market continues its hot streak, despite the fact that the state has the fourth-most active listings of any U.S. state. Home values and listing prices are both rising, and low inventory should keep demand high.
*Data last updated July 2021
The second biggest state in the nation, Texas spans more than 260,000 square miles of deserts, humid coastal areas, and mountain ranges.
Big skies, abundant nachos, and sweet pastries from panderias all rank among the Lone Star State's most beloved features. Centuries of cultural exchange with nearby Mexico have given the state a unique blended culture all its own.
Major cities in Texas include Austin, Dallas-Fort Worth, and Houston, to name a few — but the state also features an abundant variety of charming small towns and suburban communities, too.
If you're thinking of buying or selling in Texas, these Texas housing predictions and stats can help you make an informed decision.
Want to save money when you buy or sell your home? With Clever, you'll only pay 1% or $3K in listing fees. Eligible buyers get 0.5% cash back after closing. Find out how much you can save with Clever today!
Selling a home in Texas
Texas real estate market forecast for sellers
⏰ Homes are selling 18 days faster than the annual average
💰 Homes are selling for $27,102 more than the annual average
💸 Average listing commission: 2.85%
💸 Average buyer's commission: 2.93%
How to sell a home in Texas
- The Best Low Commission Real Estate Brokers
- Top Real Estate Agents in Texas (June 2021 Rankings)
- 8 Steps to Selling a House in Texas
- How to Sell a House By Owner in Texas (2021 Update)
- 5 Best Texas Flat-Fee MLS Companies in 2021
- We Buy Houses for Cash Companies in Texas (2021 Rankings)
Cost to sell a home in Texas
- What's The Average Texas Real Estate Commission In 2021?
- Texas Seller Closing Costs in 2021: How Much Will You Pay?
- The Ultimate Guide to Texas Real Estate Taxes
Buying a home in Texas
How much home you can buy with $300,000 in...
🏠 Houston: 1,818 sq ft
🏡 San Antonio: 1,798 sq ft
🏡 Dallas-Fort Worth: 1,669 sq ft
🏠 Austin: 1,186 sq ft
- How to Save with a Home Buyer Rebate
- 8 Definitive Steps to Buying a House in Texas
- The 5 Most Affordable Places to Live In Texas
- The Best Time to Buy a House in Texas
Investing in Texas real estate
- Top 5 Best Real Estate Investment Markets in Texas
- How to Buy a Foreclosed Home in Texas
- The Ultimate Guide to Flipping Houses in Texas
- A Beginner's Guide to Buying an Apartment Building
Best of Texas
Each month, we compare cities in Texas based on different criteria. This month, we're looking at affordability and ranking the best cities in the state.
Most Affordable Cities in Texas
1. Beaumont-Port Arthur
Worst of Texas
Each month, we compare cities in Texas based on a different criteria. This month we're looking at affordability data. These are the cities that ranked the worst in the state.
Least Affordable Cities in Texas
1. Austin-Round Rock-Georgetown
2. College Station-Bryan
3. Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington
4. San Antonio-New Braunfels
- Texas Real Estate Commission
- Texas's real estate license verification
- Texas's real estate agent code of conduct
- Texas's disclosure forms
- Transfer taxes in Texas
- Home buying assistance programs in Texas
Clever's analysis of state market trends is based on local data from Zillow, realtor.com, Redfin, S&P Global, the U.S. Census, and Clever surveys. Our team of over 20 real estate analysts from across the country research local markets and data to compile our "Best" and "Worst" rankings.