Pennsylvania real estate trends (May 2022)
Nicknamed the Keystone State, Pennsylvania holds an important place in American history as the site of the Constitutional Conventions.
Since those early days, Pennsylvanians have developed a unique regional culture that encompasses everything from pastoral Amish country to Philadelphia's energetic sports fans.
The state's central, mid-Atlantic location makes it a popular destination for those who want easy access to New York City and Washignton D.C., at a more affordable cost of living. Beyond Philly, Pennsylvania's major cities include Pittsburgh, Harrisburg, and Scranton, to name a few.
If you're thinking of buying or selling in Pennsylvania, these Pennsylvania housing predictions and stats can help you make an informed decision.
Want to save money when you buy or sell your home? With Clever, you'll only pay 1.5% or $3K in listing fees. Eligible buyers get cash back after closing. Find out how much you can save with Clever today!
Selling a home in Pennsylvania
|Pennsylvania real estate market forecast for sellers
|⏰ Homes are selling 27 days slower than the annual average
|💰 Homes are selling for $2,590 less than the annual average
|💸 Average listing commission: 2.81%
|💸 Average buyer's commission: 2.67%
How to sell a home in Pennsylvania
- The Best Low Commission Real Estate Brokers
- Top Real Estate Agents in Pennsylvania
- 8 Steps to Selling a House in Pennsylvania
- How to Sell a House By Owner in Pennsylvania
- 5 Best Pennsylvania Flat-Fee MLS Companies
- Top 5 We Buy Houses for Cash Companies in Pennsylvania
Cost to sell a home in Pennsylvania
- Average Real Estate Commission in Pennsylvania: 2024 Data
- Pennsylvania Seller Closing Costs: 20242024 Update
List with the best agents in your area for just 1.5%. On average, Clever sellers save $7,000 on commission!
Our agent matching service is 100% free with zero obligation.
Buying a home in Pennsylvania
|How much home you can buy with $300,000 in...
|🏠 Philadelphia: 1,478 sq ft
|🏡 Harrisburg: 1,840 sq ft
|🏡 Pittsburgh: 2,143 sq ft
|🏠 Scranton: 2,459 sq ft
- How to Save with a Home Buyer Rebate
- 8 Definitive Steps to Buying a House in Pennsylvania
- The 5 Most Affordable Places to Live In Pennsylvania
- The Best Time to Buy a House in Pennsylvania
- Everything You Need to Know About Moving to Pennsylvania
Investing in Pennsylvania real estate
- Top 5 Best Real Estate Investment Markets in Pennsylvania
- How to Buy a Foreclosed Home in Pennsylvania
- The Ultimate Guide to Flipping Houses in Pennsylvania
- A Beginner's Guide to Buying an Apartment Building
Best of Pennsylvania
💡 Did you know…
The Clever Data Center ranked Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania as the fifth most affordable coffee city in the country?
Pittsburgh locals only spend around $1,030 per year for their daily cup of coffee, compared to the national average of $1,134.
» Thirsty for more info? ☕ Read our full study here: The Best Coffee Cities in America
Each month, we compare locations in Pennsylvania based on different criteria. This month, we're looking at levels of happiness and ranking the best counties in the state.
|Happiest Counties in Pennsylvania
|1. Montgomery County
|2. Chester County
|3. Bucks County
|4. Cumberland County
|5. Centre County
Worst of Pennsylvania
Each month, we compare locations in Pennsylvania based on a different criteria. This month we're looking at levels of happiness data. These are the counties that ranked the worst in the state.
|Least Happy Counties in Pennsylvania
|1. Fayette County
|2. Lawrence County
|3. Clearfield County
|4. Forest County
|5. Lackawanna County
- Department of State - The Real Estate Commission
- Pennsylvania's real estate license verification
- Pennsylvania's real estate agent code of conduct
- Pennsylvania's disclosure forms
- Transfer taxes in Pennsylvania
- Home buying assistance programs in Pennsylvania
If you're weighing your options for buying or selling a house, Clever can help!
Our fully licensed concierge team can answer your questions and provide objective advice on getting the best outcome with your sale or purchase.
When you enter your info below, we'll ask you a few questions about your situation via a short form. Then our concierge team will be in touch shortly to help.
This service is free, and there’s never any obligation to move forward with us.
Frequently asked questions about Pennsylvania real estate
Is it a buyer's or seller's market in Pennsylvania?
It is currently a seller’s market in Pennsylvania. Properties are selling for more than they are worth, and the increasing demand continues to heat up the market. Still, each city and town has its own trends, so it’s best to consult with a real estate agent before making any decision.
Is Pennsylvania a good state to invest in real estate?
Yes, Pennsylvania is a good state to invest in real estate, especially in bigger cities like Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, where people are always looking for housing. However, for your investment to pay off, you will first need to find the best neighborhoods to buy in and create a plan for managing or reselling the properties. Read our guide to real estate investing to find out more.
Is it a good time to buy a house in Pennsylvania?
It might not be a good time to buy a house in Pennsylvania for many people. Listing prices and mortgage rates are higher than normal, making it difficult to secure a good deal. If you really need to buy a home, then work with a top real estate agent who can help you find the perfect place.