Idaho real estate trends (July 2021)
How is the real estate market in Idaho?
🏠 Average home value: $390,682
📈 3.16% home value increase month over month
💰 Median sale price: $447,000
⏳ 43 days on the market
🔑 Homes on the market: 3,368
📆 0.6 months of housing inventory
🏦 30-year mortgage rate: 2.87%
💵 Average income: $55,785
State of the market: A
The last census found that Idaho is the second-fastest growing state, and the housing market reflects that. Home values are increasing, and since there’s very little inventory, homes are flying off the market.
*Data last updated July 2021
Idaho is famous for its bountiful potato crop — but that's not all it has to offer. In recent years, it's become a major destination for new residents who are drawn to the Gem State's rugged Rocky Mountains and scenic river basins.
Across Idaho, residents can choose between plenty of communities with top-rated public schools and abundant opportunities for outdoor recreation. Its biggest cities include Boise City, Meridian, and Nampa, to name a few.
Idaho also has its share of fun quirks. For example, it has one of the world's richest veins of star garnet, plus deposits of more than 70 other precious and semi-precious gems. In Boise, the State Capitol Building is the only one in the nation heated by geothermal hot springs.
If you're thinking of buying or selling in Idaho, these Idaho housing predictions and stats can help you make an informed decision.
Want to save money when you buy or sell your home? With Clever, you'll only pay 1% or $3K in listing fees. Eligible buyers get 0.5% cash back after closing. Find out how much you can save with Clever today!
Selling a home in Idaho
Idaho real estate market forecast for sellers
⏰ Homes are selling 15 days faster than the annual average
💰 Homes are selling for $83,539 more than the annual average
💸 Average listing commission: 2.78%
💸 Average buyer's commission: 2.78%
How to sell a home in Idaho
- The Best Low Commission Real Estate Brokers
- Top Real Estate Agents in Idaho (June 2021 Rankings)
- 8 Steps to Selling a House in Idaho
- How to Sell a House By Owner in Idaho (2021 Update)
- 4 Best Idaho Flat-Fee MLS Companies in 2021
- We Buy Houses for Cash Companies in Idaho (2021 Rankings)
Cost to sell a home in Idaho
- What's The Average Idaho Real Estate Commission In 2021?
- The Ultimate Guide to Idaho Real Estate Taxes
Buying a home in Idaho
How much home you can buy with $300,000 in...
🏠 Boise: 1,074 sq ft
🏡 Idaho Falls: 1,849 sq ft
🏡 Coeur D'alene: 821 sq ft
🏠 Twin Falls: 1,601 sq ft
- How to Save with a Home Buyer Rebate
- 8 Definitive Steps to Buying a House in Idaho
- The Best Time to Buy a House in Idaho
- Everything You Need to Know About Moving to Idaho
Investing in Idaho real estate
- Top 5 Best Real Estate Investment Markets in Idaho
- The Ultimate Guide to Flipping Houses in Idaho
- A Beginner's Guide to Buying an Apartment Building
Best of Idaho
Each month, we compare cities in Idaho based on different criteria. This month, we're looking at affordability and ranking the best cities in the state.
Most Affordable Cities in Idaho
2. Idaho Falls
Worst of Idaho
Each month, we compare cities in Idaho based on a different criteria. This month we're looking at affordability data. These are the cities that ranked the worst in the state.
Least Affordable Cities in Idaho
1. Coeur d'Alene
2. Boise City
3. Twin Falls
- Idaho Real Estate Commission
- Idaho's real estate license verification
- Idaho's real estate agent code of conduct
- Idaho's disclosure forms
- Transfer taxes in Idaho
- Home buying assistance programs in Idaho
Clever's analysis of state market trends is based on local data from Zillow, realtor.com, Redfin, S&P Global, the U.S. Census, and Clever surveys. Our team of over 20 real estate analysts from across the country research local markets and data to compile our "Best" and "Worst" rankings.