Best 'we buy houses' companies in Mississippi | What are 'we buy houses' companies? | How do they work | Alternatives | FAQ
If you're looking for the fastest way to sell a home, "we buy houses" companies in Mississippi are a good option. Also known as "we buy ugly houses" companies or cash home buyers, these companies can provide a cash offer in only a day and close in just a matter of days or weeks, with no closing costs. But they typically pay only 70% of the fair market value for the home.
We picked We Buy Houses as the best cash buying company in Mississippi because it's a national company that supports local investors who have inside knowledge of the local market.
While We Buy Houses is a good company to contact for an initial offer, we recommend that you choose three or four additional companies to get offers from so you can compare.
Top 'we buy houses' companies in Mississippi
- We Buy Houses: National brand, local buyers
- We Buy Ugly Houses: Established national brand
- MS Home Buyers: Local buyer, great reviews
- Fast Home Offer: Large company, local investors
- Ekwity Investments: Fast closing
If you have a Mississippi house in good condition, you’ll likely earn more by selling with a real estate agent. It'll take a bit longer to sell, but the extra money could be worth the wait. Whatever you choose, explore all of your options first.
To easily compare your options, try Clever Offers. With Clever Offers, a local agent shops for cash offers from the top "we buy houses" companies in Mississippi on your behalf. You also get a professional home valuation so you know what your home is REALLY worth. Your agent can help you compare cash offers, negotiate to get a fair price, or list your home on the open market if you want more money.
Best companies that buy houses for cash in Mississippi
To find the best cash home buyers in Mississippi, we compared offer times, closing date windows, local market knowledge, and company reputation according to customer reviews.
Here's our advice for working with "we buy houses" companies:
- Contact multiple companies to compare offers
- Read contracts carefully
- Don’t pay for anything up front
- If you don't think an offer is fair, walk away
Time to offer
Time to sale
We Buy Houses vets all of its investors and gives them an exclusive license to operate in its territory, so investors who use the brand name have an incentive to work hard in order to maintain their advantage. The company provides offers in just one to two days and can close in a few weeks.
We Buy Houses is a national property investor that buys homes for cash throughout the U.S. To sell your home to We Buy Houses, you can:
- Submit an online form, giving details about your property
- Set up an appointment for an investor to view your home
- Receive a no-obligation offer
- Choose a closing date and sell your home
We Buy Houses operates in 200 markets in over 30 states.
Reviews online are available only for local franchises.
The vast majority are positive, with customers saying that the We Buy Houses investor they worked with was fast and professional.
Time to offer
Time to sale
We Buy Ugly Houses is a nationally recognized brand with a solid reputation. The company has over 800 franchises across the U.S., so be sure to check reviews for the individual location you plan to contact.
We Buy Ugly Houses is a property investor that buys homes for cash in over 800 locations across the U.S. To sell your home to We Buy Ugly Houses you can:
- Submit information about your property online or by phone and set up an appointment for an investor to see your home
- Show your home to the investor and receive a no-obligation offer
- Set a closing date on your own schedule as soon as 3 weeks after accepting the offer
We Buy Ugly Houses has over 800 independently owned and operated franchises across 47 states and Washington, DC.
We Buy Ugly Houses's parent company, Homevestors, has an A+ rating on the Better Business Bureau. No other third-party reviews are available at this time.
This rating is based on overall national data. Research local franchises for specific reviews that reflect their quality of service.
Time to Offer
Time to Sale
We added MS Home Buyers to our list of top "we buy houses" companies because it is a local buyer that understands the Mississippi real estate market.
MS Home Buyers is a local team of four Mississippi property investors who buy homes for cash across the state. To sell your home to MS Home Buyers you can:
- Fill out the online form to schedule a chat within 24 hours
- Over the phone, provide details about your home
- Receive a detailed list of options to resolve your current situation, including a no-obligation cash offer
- If you choose to accept the offer, expect to close on your own terms
MS Home Buyers buys houses throughout Mississippi.
MS Home Buyers received an average of 5 stars from 20 customer reviews. It's accredited by the Better Business Bureau and it has an A+ rating.
Google: 5 stars/7 reviews
Facebook: 5 stars/13 reviews
Time to Offer
Time to Sale
Fast Home Offer combines the expertise of local buyers with the purchasing power of national investors. It can close on a home sale in just one or two weeks.
Fast Home Offer is a national service that has partnered with local investors across the country to buy houses for cash.
Steps to sell with Fast Home Offer:
- Submit a form on Fast Home Offer's website, and a local investor will contact you to gather more information about your home
- It's possible that a cash offer can be made on the phone, but if not, schedule a visit for the investor to view the property. After the property is evaluated, the investor may present an offer
- Once an offer is accepted, a closing date can be set within 7-14 days, depending on your individual situation
Fast Home Offer has partnered with local investors in the following states:
Fast Home Offer received an average of 3 stars from 4 customer reviews. It's accredited by the Better Business Bureau and it has an A+ rating.
BBB: 3 stars/4 reviews
Time to Offer
Time to Sale
We picked Ekwity Investments because it's a large national buyer with local investors that can close in just a week or so in many cases.
Ekwity Investments is a national service that operates in 40 US states. In general, you can sell your house to Ekwity Investments by:
- Filling out the initial online assessment
- Receiving a cash offer within 3 days
- Closing within a week, or on your own schedule
Ekwity Investments provides local services in 40 states. Check this page for the full list of state pages.
Ekwity Investments received an average of 5 stars from 5 customer reviews.
Facebook: 5 stars/5 reviews
What is a 'we buy houses' company?
"We buy houses" companies are backed by investors. These investors purchase homes to fix and resell for a profit. They buy homes in as-is condition — without any repairs or prep — and pay in cash.
The home buying process for "we buy houses" companies is different from a traditional sale. Since cash buyer companies typically pay only up to 70% of the home's value, some people wonder if "we buy houses" companies are a scam.
But these companies have little incentive to scam sellers. They're investors who rely on their reputation to close deals. However, they are motivated by profit. They make lower offers so they can pay for renovations and still turn a profit when they resell.
»MORE: Are "we buy houses" companies a rip-off?
How do 'we buy houses' companies work?
Details vary, but all "we buy houses" companies in Mississippi share the same basic business model:
- A home seller reaches out directly to a cash buyer company.
- The company assesses the property, considering factors like necessary repairs and potential resale value.
- The company makes an as-is cash offer based on the time and money it'll need to invest in the property.
- If the homeowner accepts, the deal closes quickly. There's no need to negotiate, wait for financing approval, or inspect and appraise the property.
- The cash buyer repairs the home and resells it for a profit.
Alternatives to 'we buy houses' companies in Mississippi
If the offers you get from "we buy houses" companies are too low, you have other options to sell your home. The best option for you depends on your home's condition and how much time you have to sell.
Get cash offers with Clever
If you need to sell your home quickly in Mississippi, consider working with a real estate agent who can protect your best interests and maximize your sale price.
When you work with a local Clever agent, they can request cash offers on your behalf from companies that buy houses.
Your agent will present the offers to you, help you understand the pros and cons of each one, AND help you negotiate with cash buyer companies.
They'll also give you a free home estimate so you know what your home is REALLY worth on the open market. This estimate can help you decide if selling to a cash buyer company is worth it or if you'd rather list with an agent for maximum value.
Note: Time to offer, time to sale, reviews, and other data points are current as of when this article was last updated.
Frequently asked questions
How much do 'we buy houses for cash' companies in Mississippi pay?
"We buy houses" companies in Mississippi generally pay 50–70% of a home's after-repair value. These companies are investors. So when they make an offer, they factor in the cost of renovations they'll need to make before selling the home for a profit. Learn more about what "we buy houses" companies pay.
Do 'we buy houses for cash' companies pay closing costs?
If you sell your Mississippi house to a "we buy houses" company, you won't need to worry about closing costs. Cash house buyers work closing costs into their cash offer. When the closing date arrives, all you'll need to do is sign the paperwork and collect your check.