We Buy Houses companies in Kansas offer cash to homeowners that need to sell quickly. We reviewed the top Kansas We Buy Houses companies so you can shop around for an offer and make an informed decision.
💡 Key takeaways
- We Buy Houses companies can help you sell fast, but they're not a great deal in most cases
- You'll only get about 70% of the actual fair market value of your home by selling to one of these companies
- You should compare offers from We Buy Houses companies and iBuyers in your area to make sure you get a fair price. Get offers from top local cash home buyers now!
Top Kansas We Buy Houses companies reviews
We Buy Houses companies and other cash buyers allow you to sell your home fast — sometimes in a week or less. We've pulled together some of your best options in Kansas, but we recommend using Clever Offers if you want to get the most value for your home.
With Clever Offers, a local agent can shop for cash offers from the top We Buy Houses companies in Kansas on your behalf. You'll also get a professional home valuation so you know what your home is REALLY worth. Your agent can negotiate to get you a fair deal, or list your home on the open market if you want a higher sale price.
Use Clever's free, no-obligation service to compare cash offers from top local companies with the help of a local real estate agent. You'll get a professional home valuation so you know what your home is worth, and an agent can negotiate on your behalf to make sure you get the best deal.
|✍️ Editor’s note
The information in the reviews below is publicly available. Unfortunately, though, We Buy Houses companies are not particularly transparent or willing to share information with non-clients.
We Buy HousesWebsite
Time to offer
Time to sale
We Buy Houses vets all of its investors and gives them an exclusive license to operate in its territory, so investors who use the brand name have an incentive to work hard in order to maintain their advantage. The company provides offers in just one to two days and can close in a few weeks.
We Buy Houses is a national property investor that buys homes for cash throughout the U.S. To sell your home to We Buy Houses, you can:
- Submit an online form, giving details about your property
- Set up an appointment for an investor to view your home
- Receive a no-obligation offer
- Choose a closing date and sell your home
We Buy Houses operates in 200 markets in over 30 states.
Reviews online are available only for local franchises.
The vast majority are positive, with customers saying that the We Buy Houses investor they worked with was fast and professional.
Time to Offer
Time to Sale
Express Homebuyers is really fast: it provides offers in just minutes and can close in just a week in many circumstances. Plus, the company has mostly positive reviews on Google.
Express Homebuyers is a national service that has partnered with local investors across the country to buy houses for cash.
Steps to sell with Express Homebuyers:
- Submit your home's information to receive an initial "as is" offer
- Meet with the local investor to assess your property and answer any questions
- Discuss the local investor's final cash offer and, if you're willing to sell, sign a sales agreement then and there
- Choose a closing day on your schedule
- Show up on the day of the sale to sign the paperwork and receive cash within hours
Express Homebuyers has partnered with local investors in the following states:
Express Home Buyers received an average of 3.7 stars from 261 customer reviews. It's accredited by the Better Business Bureau, and it has a B+ rating.
Google: 4.2 stars/122 reviews
Facebook: 4.6 stars/113 reviews
Yelp: 2.5 stars/26 reviews
We Buy Ugly HousesFull review
Time to offer
Time to sale
We Buy Ugly Houses is a nationally recognized brand with a solid reputation. The company has over 800 franchises across the U.S., so be sure to check reviews for the individual location you plan to contact.
We Buy Ugly Houses is a property investor that buys homes for cash in over 800 locations across the U.S. To sell your home to We Buy Ugly Houses you can:
- Submit information about your property online or by phone and set up an appointment for an investor to see your home
- Show your home to the investor and receive a no-obligation offer
- Set a closing date on your own schedule as soon as 3 weeks after accepting the offer
We Buy Ugly Houses has over 800 independently owned and operated franchises across 47 states and Washington, DC.
We Buy Ugly Houses's parent company, Homevestors, has an A+ rating on the Better Business Bureau. No other third-party reviews are available at this time.
This rating is based on overall national data. Research local franchises for specific reviews that reflect their quality of service.
Time to Offer
Time to Sale
Finally Sold is a national buyer with a network of local investors buying homes across the U.S. The company has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
Finally Sold is a national service that has partnered with local investors across the country to buy houses for cash.
Steps to sell with Finally Sold:
- Call Finally Sold's toll free line or submit a form on Finally Sold's website to schedule a visit with a home buying consultant
- Meet with the Finally Sold consultant at the scheduled time and show your home. This process can be done in as little as fifteen minutes, and no repairs beforehand are needed
- Sit down with the Finally Sold consultant to discuss options to sell your home. If the consultant believes your home is worth investing in, they will present a cash offer
- If you accept the offer, you will immediately be given the proper paperwork, and you will be asked to schedule a date to close on the sale
- Sign the proper paperwork at the time of closing and receive your payment
Finally Sold has partnered with local investors in the following states:
Finally Sold received an average of 4 stars from 3 customer reviews. It's accredited by the Better Business Bureau and it has an A+ rating.
Google: 5 stars/1 review
Yelp: 3 stars/2 reviews
We Buy Cash KCWe Buy Cash KC
Time to Offer
Time to Sale
We Buy Cash KC is a local property investor that buys homes for cash in Kansas City and the surrounding area. To sell with We Busy Cash KC:
- Call directly or message the company through Facebook to provide specific details about your property
- Schedule an in-person appointment for a physical inspection and offer
- Receive an offer, and negotiate on price if necessary
- Close in as little as 7 days
We Buy Cash KC operates exclusively in the Kansas City area.
We Buy Cash KC received an average of 4.8 stars from 69 customer reviews. It's accredited by the Better Business Bureau and it has an A+ rating.
Google: 4.8 stars/69 reviews
Also consider: cash offers with Clever
If you need to sell your home quickly in Kansas, you should still work with a real estate agent who can protect your best interests and maximize your sale price.
A local Clever agent can request cash offers from companies that buy houses on your behalf.
Your agent can present the offers to you, help you understand the pros and cons of each one, AND help you negotiate with cash buyer companies.
They'll also give you a free home estimate so you know what your home is REALLY worth on the open market and you can list if you want to get maximum value.
Compare offers from top cash buyers to the sale price you'd get with an agent.
What is a We Buy Houses company?
We Buy Houses companies and other cash buyers offer a fast solution for homeowners. They purchase houses "as-is" — that is, in their current condition, without any repairs or prep — and pay in cash.
These companies exist because the traditional home selling process doesn’t work for everyone. For example, in Kansas, a typical home sale can take 95 days from listing to closing. Some homeowners can’t wait that long.
Further, these companies are another option for sellers with homes in such poor condition that they wouldn't qualify for financing from traditional buyers.
When to use a We Buy Houses company
For home sellers who need to sell in a hurry, want to avoid paying for repairs out of pocket, or are looking for a more convenient selling method, a cash buyer can be a great option.
But they're not right for everyone.
To ensure a profit, We Buy Houses for Cash companies in Kansas make offers that are well under fair market value — about 30% less. On a $250,000 home, that means you'd lose out on around $75,000.
Put simply, the speed and convenience these companies offer don't always outweigh the hit you'll take to your bottom line. In many cases, you’re better off working with a full-service real estate agent on the open market to get the most value for your home.
Make more money selling your house!
Clever can match you with a full-service agent so you can sell fast and get top dollar for your home.
How a We Buy Houses company works
While the smaller details and timeline vary from company to company, We Buy Houses companies in Kansas all share the same basic business model.
- An interested home seller reaches out directly to the cash buyer company
- The company assesses the property, focusing on factors like necessary repairs and potential resale value
- Based on the amount of time and money it will to need to invest in the property, the company makes an "as-is" cash offer
- If the homeowner accepts, the deal closes quickly because there's no need to negotiate, wait for financing approval, or inspect and appraise the property
- The cash buyer repairs the home and then resells it for a profit
The quick process benefits homeowners who don't have the resources or time for a traditional sale.
For perspective, according to realtor.com, houses typically spend 50 days on the market in Kansas before the seller accepts an offer. Then there's the closing process, which takes between 30 to 45 days if the buyer is applying for a mortgage. That means it can take the typical seller up to 95 days to finalize the sale.
In comparison, some We Buy Houses for Cash companies in Kansas can complete the whole process in as few as seven days.
|Traditional Process||Cash Buyer Process|
|Prepping the House||Days to months, depending on the condition||None — these companies buy homes "as-is"|
|Time to Offer||50 days||2 days or fewer|
|Closing Process||30-45 days||7 days or fewer|
Ballpark vs. official offers
Many Kansas We Buy Houses companies advertise that they'll send you an offer in as few as seven minutes. This is not an official offer.
After talking to a company representative, they'll give you a ballpark estimate of what they'll pay. Very few companies will make a binding offer sight-unseen — and if they do it'll be substantially lower to account for possible issues.
Once you schedule an in-person inspection, the company will present a legal offer, often on the spot.
Who actually buys your home
Some of the bigger, well-known We Buy Houses companies in Kansas aren't actually buying your home. Instead, it's a network of local investors or the company simply refers interested sellers' information to local house flippers.
In these cases, how long the process takes will depend on the investors in your area.
For example, we called a few We Buy Houses companies that advertised offers in less than an hour… and none of them responded within that time frame.
We Buy Houses companies pros and cons
Frequently asked questions
What are the best alternatives to We Buy Houses companies?
- Sell through a low commission company, like Clever or Redfin
- Get an instant offer with an iBuyer, like Offerpad
- Contact one of the top real estate agents in Kansas
How much will We Buy Houses companies in Kansas pay?
We buy houses companies use the 70% offer rule to ensure they'll make a profit. Basically, the 70% rule says the buyer shouldn't pay more than 70% of the home's After Repair Value (ARV) — what they hope to sell the house for — minus repairs.
On a Kansas home that would sell for $150,000 on the open market, they may only pay $105,000. Selling a home that's worth $300,000? You may only see an offer for $210,000.
How much does selling a home to a We Buy Houses company in Kansas cost?
On the surface, nothing. These companies don't charge you fees to buy your home. You'll also avoid many traditional selling costs, like realtor commissions and closing costs.
When you add all these expenses up, selling to a cash buyer can have significantly fewer upfront costs than a typical home sale. However, given the lower prices they offer, the savings don't always make up the difference. You could end up with much less in your pocket at the end of the day.
Here's how much a seller in Kansas can walk away with using your state's median listing price of $250,324, average selling costs, and carrying costs (that is, the daily cost of owning a home, including utilities, mortgage, and taxes).
Are We Buy Houses for Cash companies scams?
In general, We Buy Houses companies in Kansas are not out to scam you. Some are national franchises and others are family-owned. In both cases, they rely on their reputation to close deals, so there is little incentive to scam people.
That being said, as with any industry, there are bad apples. If a "cash buyer" approaches you, check that they have an established web presence and customer reviews before giving them your personal information.
Also read all the fine print on any contract they present. Look up words or terms you don't understand. And never assume the contract says what you agreed to verbally.
Most importantly, look at the contract's contingencies. These are the conditions that allow the buyer to back out of the sale or change terms. Unless you understand the contingencies, you could be taken advantage of.
Additional resources for home sellers in Kansas