We Buy Houses company reviews | What they do | How they work | How much they pay | How much they cost | Pros and cons | Alternatives | FAQs
We Buy Houses companies in Kansas offer cash to homeowners that need to sell quickly. We reviewed the top Kansas We Buy Houses companies so you can shop around for an offer and make an informed decision.
- We Buy Houses companies can help you sell fast, but they're not a great deal in most cases
- You'll only get about 70% of the actual fair market value of your home by selling to one of these companies
- You should compare offers from We Buy Houses companies and iBuyers in your area to make sure you get a fair price. Get offers from top local cash home buyers now!
Top Kansas We Buy Houses companies reviews
We Buy Houses companies and other cash buyers allow you to sell your home fast — sometimes in a week or less. We've pulled together some of your best options in Kansas, but we recommend using Clever Offers if you want to get the most value for your home.
With Clever Offers, a local agent can shop for cash offers from the top We Buy Houses companies in Kansas on your behalf. You'll also get a professional home valuation so you know what your home is REALLY worth. Your agent can negotiate to get you a fair deal, or list your home on the open market if you want a higher sale price.
✍️ Editor’s note
The information in the reviews below is publicly available. Unfortunately, though, We Buy Houses companies are not particularly transparent or willing to share information with non-clients.
Time to offer
Minimum closing time
No cost to seller
Working with We Buy Houses is more likely to be positive than working with a local private real estate investor. We Buy Houses vets all of its investors and gives them an exclusive license to operate in its territory, so investors who use the brand name have an incentive to work hard in order to maintain their advantage.
While We Buy Houses doesn't exercise control over how much its investors offer, it does reserve the right to rescind licenses if investors don't meet its ethical standards.
- Offer in 24–48 hours
- Vetted, reputable real estate investors
- No need to worry about repairs
- Close in just seven days
- Little to no room for negotiation
- Individual investors have different strategies, so they may value your home differently
- Licenses are exclusive, so there's only one We Buy Houses option in your area
We Buy Houses operates in 200 markets in over 30 states.
Reviews online are available only for local franchises.
The vast majority are positive, with customers saying that the We Buy Houses investor they worked with was fast and professional.
- Website: webuyhouses.com
- Phone: (877) 932-8946
Time to Offer
Time to Sale
Express Homebuyers is a national service that has partnered with local investors across the country to buy houses for cash.
Steps to sell with Express Homebuyers:
- Submit your home's information to receive an initial "as is" offer
- Meet with the local investor to assess your property and answer any questions
- Discuss the local investor's final cash offer and, if you're willing to sell, sign a sales agreement then and there
- Choose a closing day on your schedule
- Show up on the day of the sale to sign the paperwork and receive cash within hours
Express Homebuyers has partnered with local investors in the following states:
Time to offer
Minimum closing time
No cost for seller
We Buy Ugly Houses has a better reputation than most individual cash buyers, but your experience can vary based on the quality of the local franchise. While We Buy Ugly House can close in as little as three weeks, it pays far less than fair market value.
- Trusted, nationally recognized brand
- No need to worry about repairs
- Close in just three weeks
- Quality of service may vary between franchises
- Pays far less than fair market value
We Buy Ugly Houses has over 800 independently owned and operated franchises across 47 states and Washington, DC.
As of October 2022, We Buy Ugly Houses's parent company, Homevestors, has an A+ rating on the Better Business Bureau. No other third-party reviews are available at this time.
This rating is based on overall national data. Research local franchises for specific reviews that reflect their quality of service.
- Website: webuyuglyhouses.com
- Phone: (866) 288-9516
Time to Offer
Time to Sale
Finally Sold is a national service that has partnered with local investors across the country to buy houses for cash.
Steps to sell with Finally Sold:
- Call Finally Sold's toll free line or submit a form on Finally Sold's website to schedule a visit with a home buying consultant
- Meet with the Finally Sold consultant at the scheduled time and show your home. This process can be done in as little as fifteen minutes, and no repairs beforehand are needed
- Sit down with the Finally Sold consultant to discuss options to sell your home. If the consultant believes your home is worth investing in, they will present a cash offer
- If you accept the offer, you will immediately be given the proper paperwork, and you will be asked to schedule a date to close on the sale
- Sign the proper paperwork at the time of closing and receive your payment
Finally Sold has partnered with local investors in the following states:
As of May 2021, Finally Sold had an average very positive rating based on Yelp. Finally Sold also has an A+ rating on the Better Business Bureau.
Time to Offer
Time to Sale
We Buy Cash KC is a local property investor that buys homes for cash in Kansas City and the surrounding area. To sell with We Busy Cash KC:
- Call directly or message the company through Facebook to provide specific details about your property
- Schedule an in-person appointment for a physical inspection and offer
- Receive an offer, and negotiate on price if necessary
- Close in as little as 7 days
We Buy Cash KC operates exclusively in the Kansas City area.
As of May 2021, We Buy Cash KC has an average rating of 4.8/5 based on 81 customer reviews.
- Google: 4.8/5 (81 reviews)
» LEARN: These are the best national We Buy Houses for Cash companies
Also consider: cash offers with Clever
If you need to sell your home quickly in Kansas, you should still work with a real estate agent who can protect your best interests and maximize your sale price.
A local Clever agent can request cash offers from companies that buy houses on your behalf.
Your agent can present the offers to you, help you understand the pros and cons of each one, AND help you negotiate with cash buyer companies.
They'll also give you a free home estimate so you know what your home is REALLY worth on the open market and you can list if you want to get maximum value.
What is a We Buy Houses company?
We Buy Houses companies and other cash buyers offer a fast solution for homeowners. They purchase houses “as-is” — that is, in their current condition, without any repairs or prep — and pay in cash.
These companies exist because the traditional home selling process doesn’t work for everyone. For example, in Kansas, a typical home sale can take 95 days from listing to closing. Some homeowners can’t wait that long.
Further, these companies are another option for sellers with homes in such poor condition that they wouldn't qualify for financing from traditional buyers.
When to use a We Buy Houses company
For home sellers who need to sell in a hurry, want to avoid paying for repairs out of pocket, or are looking for a more convenient selling method, a cash buyer can be a great option.
But they're not right for everyone.
To ensure a profit, We Buy Houses for Cash companies in Kansas make offers that are well under fair market value — about 30% less. On a $250,000 home, that means you'd lose out on around $75,000.
Put simply, the speed and convenience these companies offer don't always outweigh the hit you'll take to your bottom line. In many cases, you’re better off working with a full-service real estate agent on the open market to get the most value for your home.
Clever can match you with a full-service agent so you can sell fast and get top dollar for your home.
How a We Buy Houses company works
While the smaller details and timeline vary from company to company, We Buy Houses companies in Kansas all share the same basic business model.
- An interested home seller reaches out directly to the cash buyer company
- The company assesses the property, focusing on factors like necessary repairs and potential resale value
- Based on the amount of time and money it will to need to invest in the property, the company makes an "as-is" cash offer
- If the homeowner accepts, the deal closes quickly because there's no need to negotiate, wait for financing approval, or inspect and appraise the property
- The cash buyer repairs the home and then resells it for a profit
The quick process benefits homeowners who don't have the resources or time for a traditional sale.
For perspective, according to realtor.com, houses typically spend 50 days on the market in Kansas before the seller accepts an offer. Then there's the closing process, which takes between 30 to 45 days if the buyer is applying for a mortgage. That means it can take the typical seller up to 95 days to finalize the sale.
In comparison, some We Buy Houses for Cash companies in Kansas can complete the whole process in as few as seven days.
Cash Buyer Process
Prepping the House
Days to months, depending on the condition
None — these companies buy homes "as-is"
Time to Offer
2 days or fewer
7 days or fewer
Ballpark vs. official offers
Many Kansas We Buy Houses companies advertise that they'll send you an offer in as few as seven minutes. This is not an official offer.
After talking to a company representative, they'll give you a ballpark estimate of what they'll pay. Very few companies will make a binding offer sight-unseen — and if they do it'll be substantially lower to account for possible issues.
Once you schedule an in-person inspection, the company will present a legal offer, often on the spot.
Who actually buys your home
Some of the bigger, well-known We Buy Houses companies in Kansas aren't actually buying your home. Instead, it's a network of local investors or the company simply refers interested sellers' information to local house flippers.
In these cases, how long the process takes will depend on the investors in your area.
For example, we called a few We Buy Houses companies that advertised offers in less than an hour… and none of them responded within that time frame.
We Buy Houses companies pros and cons
Frequently asked questions
What are the best alternatives to We Buy Houses companies?
- Sell through a low commission company, like Clever or Redfin
- Get an instant offer with an iBuyer, like Offerpad
- Contact one of the top real estate agents in Kansas
How much will We Buy Houses companies in Kansas pay?
We buy houses companies use the 70% offer rule to ensure they'll make a profit. Basically, the 70% rule says the buyer shouldn't pay more than 70% of the home's After Repair Value (ARV) — what they hope to sell the house for — minus repairs.
On a Kansas home that would sell for $150,000 on the open market, they may only pay $105,000. Selling a home that's worth $300,000? You may only see an offer for $210,000.
How much does selling a home to a We Buy Houses company in Kansas cost?
On the surface, nothing. These companies don't charge you fees to buy your home. You'll also avoid many traditional selling costs, like realtor commissions and closing costs.
When you add all these expenses up, selling to a cash buyer can have significantly fewer upfront costs than a typical home sale. However, given the lower prices they offer, the savings don't always make up the difference. You could end up with much less in your pocket at the end of the day.
Here's how much a seller in Kansas can walk away with using your state's median listing price of $250,324, average selling costs, and carrying costs (that is, the daily cost of owning a home, including utilities, mortgage, and taxes).
Selling to a We Buy Houses Company
Selling with a Traditional Realtor
Selling with Clever
Commissions and service fees
*Based on the average listing price for the last 12 months (realtor.com)
^70% rule and assuming the house needs 10% of its ARV in repairs
**Based on HomeAdvisor national average
Are We Buy Houses for Cash companies scams?
In general, We Buy Houses companies in Kansas are not out to scam you. Some are national franchises and others are family-owned. In both cases, they rely on their reputation to close deals, so there is little incentive to scam people.
That being said, as with any industry, there are bad apples. If a "cash buyer" approaches you, check that they have an established web presence and customer reviews before giving them your personal information.
Also read all the fine print on any contract they present. Look up words or terms you don't understand. And never assume the contract says what you agreed to verbally.
Most importantly, look at the contract's contingencies. These are the conditions that allow the buyer to back out of the sale or change terms. Unless you understand the contingencies, you could be taken advantage of.