Maybe you’re relocating for a new job, going through a divorce, or dealing with an expensive inherited estate. The bottom line? You need to sell your house fast in Fort Worth.
You have a lot of options to sell your Fort Worth house fast, including:
- Selling quickly with an agent — best if getting the most money out of your house is most important to you
- Selling to an iBuyer — best if you want a reasonable compromise between speed and price
- Selling to a We Buy House for Cash company — best if sheer speed is most important to you
To get cash offers right now, sign up for Clever Offers. A local agent will gather and compare offers for you from leading iBuyers and We Buy Houses companies. Your agent will help you negotiate to get the best price and provide you with a free home valuation so you know what your home is worth on the open market.
» Compare Cash Offers: Get a list of nearby cash buyers ready to make an offer on your home
What to expect when selling a home in Fort Worth
In Texas, homes usually sell the fastest during July and slowest during January.
To set expectations for your selling timeline in Texas, look at two factors:
- Median days on market: Number of days before a seller accepts an offer
- Average time to sell: Number of days on market until offer, plus the average number of days to close
Average time to sell a house in Texas
» LEARN MORE: Average Time to Sell a House in Texas
How to sell my house fast in Fort Worth
Best option: Sell your house quickly with an agent
⚡ Quick facts: Selling with an agent
- Percentage of market value you’ll earn: 90–95%
- Average time to sell: 71 days
- Fees you’ll pay:
- Average listing commission: 2.86%
- Average buyer agent commission: 2.87%
- Average closing costs: 3.53%
Your best option to sell your house fast in Fort Worth is to sell with a real estate agent.
An experienced local agent can read the market, come up with an aggressive pricing strategy, attract multiple bidders, and help you sort through offers to find the one that’s likely to close the fastest.
However, selling with an agent isn’t your fastest option. It’s a fairly intensive process that will take longer than selling to a We Buy Houses company or an iBuyer.
Selling with an agent is best for…
- People with homes in good condition
- People with at least 30 days to sell
- People who want to sell fast while making the most money
Tips to sell fast with an agent
According to experienced Fort Worth agent Sandy Finkelstein of Fort Worth Property Group, there are a few ways to generate a fast sale.
Use an aggressive pricing strategy — but not too aggressive. "We have found by pricing the home at the current market value, the client is more likely to receive more offers quicker," says Finkelstein. "If the client is wishing to sell even quicker, we look at the next lower strong threshold price to drive more activity towards the home. For instance, if the property is valued at $410,000, we would suggest listing the house at $400,000. This strategy maximizes the number of eyeballs seeing the property."
Look to an agent's investor network. "We have a group of targeted investors we work with on a regular basis," says Finkelstein. "We will provide them the property specifics and allow property tours or take videos for them to bring offers forward." If your property catches an investor’s eye, your agent could negotiate a cash offer on your home before your listing even hits the open market.
Spruce up your property. "In this market, buyers are expecting a turnkey home to move into," says Finkelstein. If your home is in great condition, it’ll be a lot easier to sell it quickly. Finkelstein suggests a pre-sale deep cleaning, as well as small repairs and a landscaping refresh.
Consider an inspection. To really reassure potential buyers, Finkelstein suggests getting a pre-sale property inspection done, so you can present buyers with a clean bill of health for your home.
💸 Negotiating a cash offer on a home
Cash offers are the fastest path to closing because the buyer doesn't need to get a loan. The financial institution doesn't have to spend time checking the buyer's financials (known as the underwriting process). There's also less risk of the buyer's financial situation changing in a way that puts the sale at risk.
When listing with an agent, you can state your preference for cash offers. Keep in mind, though, that this might limit the number of offers.
Cash buyers can be a good option if you need to unload an unwanted, distressed property fast. However, if you want to sell quickly without sacrificing a ton of equity, Clever is one of your best alternatives.
Clever sellers typically get offers 2.8 times faster than the national average AND save an average of $7,000 in realtor fees.
Option 2: Sell to an iBuyer
⚡ Quick facts: Selling to an iBuyer
- Percentage of market value you’ll earn: 90%
- Average time to sell: 14 days
- Fees you’ll pay:
- Service fee: 5%
- Average closing costs: 3.53%
- Repair costs: 1-2%
iBuyers are tech-driven companies that use algorithms and data analytics to value and buy homes. They generally pay slightly below market value, but because they’re backed by millions in investor funds, they can close deals very quickly — often within a few days.
However, iBuyers have pretty strict criteria for the homes they buy. Generally, they’re looking for:
- 🏠 Built after 1930
- 💰 Valued at $100,000–600,000
- 🌲 Located on 1.5 acres or less
- 👤 Owner-occupied
They also only operate in certain metro areas. Overall, the best iBuyers offer a nice compromise between the speed of We Buy Houses companies and the higher sale price of selling with an agent.
Never heard of an iBuyer? You’re not alone! iBuyers are still a relatively new way to sell a house — only 27% of homeowners fully understand what they are.
iBuyers are best for…
- People with homes in good condition that meet iBuyer criteria
- People who are willing to sacrifice about 10% of the sale price for a guaranteed fast sale
- People who don't want to show their homes or conduct open houses
iBuyers available in Fort Worth, Texas
There are quite a few iBuyers operating in the Fort Worth market. A few we recommend are:
- Opendoor. Opendoor is one of the biggest iBuyers in the U.S., and some data suggest that it extends the highest offers of any iBuyer.
- Offerpad. Active in 25+ U.S. markets, Offerpad will make you an offer in 24 hours. It can close the sale in as few as 8 days — or as many as 90, if you need time to pack and move.
- Keller Offers. The official iBuyer of Keller Williams Realty, this company will make you a fast cash offer on your home. However, its service fees can be high, so do some comparison shopping.
Option 3: Sell to a We Buy Houses for Cash company
⚡ Quick facts: Selling to a We Buy Houses company
- Percentage of market value you’ll earn: 50–70%
- Average time to sell: 3–21 days
- Fees you’ll pay: None
We Buy Houses for Cash companies operate in nearly every market in the U.S. Typically, a We Buy Houses for Cash company that pays cash for homes in Fort Worth will pay you less than 70% of your house’s market value.
That said, cash buyers in Fort Worth will almost certainly buy your house, regardless of what condition it’s in. If you have a dilapidated, abandoned, uninhabitable, or falling-down house, they’ll still give you an offer. Just don’t expect it to be very high!
We Buy Houses companies are best for…
- People who want to sell their homes in as-is condition
- Sellers with no iBuyer option in the region
- People with inherited homes (for more info, see our Stress-Free Guide to Selling an Inherited House)
How to choose a We Buy Houses for Cash company in Fort Worth
Most areas have several cash buyer companies available to buy homes. Start your search by looking at our top 6 We Buy Houses for Cash companies in Dallas. Look at customer reviews when choosing any cash buyer company.
The most significant difference between companies — beyond their reputation — is how quickly they can close. Some cash-for-homes companies in Fort Worth will need several weeks, while others promise to close in a few days.
Many people wonder if We Buy Houses companies are a ripoff. The majority of cash buyer companies are legit, but some companies may try to take advantage of sellers. Don't sign anything before seeing the offer price in writing, and walk away if you feel uncomfortable with the process.
Use Clever's free, no-obligation service to compare cash offers from top local companies with the help of a local real estate agent. You'll get a professional home valuation so you know what your home is worth, and an agent can negotiate on your behalf to make sure you get the best deal.
Why trust us
Author Jon Stubbs has spent hundreds of hours researching ways to sell homes quickly. This research includes interviewing real estate agents and representatives from iBuyers and cash buyer companies. The author has written dozens of articles on selling homes with a listing agent as well as non-traditional selling methods.
How can I sell my home fast in Fort Worth, TX?
If you’re looking to sell your home fast in Fort Worth, TX, you can sell with an agent, sell to a We Buy Houses for Cash company, or sell to an iBuyer. These all get you a fast sale, though each option comes with its own drawbacks. Learn more about how to sell your home fast in Fort Worth.
How fast are homes selling Fort Worth, TX?
On average, Texas homes take an average of 89 days to sell, compared with 87 days nationally. However, it’s possible to significantly speed up your sale with certain strategies. Learn more about how to speed up your home sale in Fort Worth.