Montana real estate trends (May 2022)
In recent years, Montana has become a major destination for retirees. Nicknamed Big Sky Country, the state's dramatic landscape offers unparalleled views of wispy clouds and starry nights.
From its towering mountains to its sweeping grasslands, Montana is known for its sparsely populated rural landscapes. But the state's more populated areas have plenty to offer, too. Bozeman, Helena, Whitefish, and other cities and towns provide plentiful hiking trails and family-friendly amenities.
If you're thinking of buying or selling in Montana, these Montana housing predictions and stats can help you make an informed decision.
Want to save money when you buy or sell your home? With Clever, you'll only pay 1.5% or $3K in listing fees. Eligible buyers get cash back after closing. Find out how much you can save with Clever today!
Selling a home in Montana
|Montana real estate market forecast for sellers
|⏰ Homes are selling 27 days slower than the annual average
|💰 Homes are selling for $47,004 less than the annual average
|💸 Average listing commission: 3.00%
|💸 Average buyer's commission: 2.50%
How to sell a home in Montana
- The Best Low Commission Real Estate Brokers
- Top Real Estate Agents in Montana (June 2021 Rankings)
- 8 Steps to Selling a House in Montana
- How to Sell a House By Owner in Montana (2021 Update)
- 3 Best Montana Flat-Fee MLS Companies in 2021
- We Buy Houses for Cash Companies in Montana (2021 Rankings)
Cost to sell a home in Montana
- What's The Average Montana Real Estate Commission In 2021?
- The Ultimate Guide to Montana Real Estate Taxes
List with the best agents in your area for just 1.5%. On average, Clever sellers save $7,000 on commission!
Our agent matching service is 100% free with zero obligation.
Buying a home in Montana
|How much home you can buy with $300,000 in...
|🏠 Billings: 1,422 sq ft
|🏡 Bozeman: 527 sq ft
|🏡 Missoula: 852 sq ft
|🏠 Helena: 1,027 sq ft
- How to Save with a Home Buyer Rebate
- 8 Definitive Steps to Buying a House in Montana
- The Best Time to Buy a House in Montana
- Everything You Need to Know About Moving to Montana
Investing in Montana real estate
- Top 5 Best Real Estate Investment Markets in Montana
- A Beginner's Guide to Buying an Apartment Building
Best of Montana
Each month, we compare locations in Montana based on different criteria. This month, we're looking at levels of happiness and ranking the best counties in the state.
|Happiest Counties in Montana
|1. Garfield County
|2. Daniels County
|3. Jefferson County
|4. Carter County
|5. Petroleum County
Worst of Montana
Each month, we compare locations in Montana based on a different criteria. This month we're looking at levels of happiness data. These are the counties that ranked the worst in the state.
|Least Happy Counties in Montana
|1. Glacier County
|2. Big Horn County
|3. Roosevelt County
|4. Blaine County
|5. Lake County
- Montana Department of Labor and Industry - Montana Board of Realty Regulation
- Montana's real estate license verification
- Montana's real estate agent code of conduct
- Montana's disclosure forms
- Transfer taxes in Montana
- Home buying assistance programs in Montana
If you're weighing your options for buying or selling a house, Clever can help!
Our fully licensed concierge team can answer your questions and provide objective advice on getting the best outcome with your sale or purchase.
When you enter your info below, we'll ask you a few questions about your situation via a short form. Then our concierge team will be in touch shortly to help.
This service is free, and there’s never any obligation to move forward with us.
Frequently asked questions about Montana real estate
Is it a buyer's or seller's market in Montana?
Currently, it is a seller’s market in Montana. Despite the high listing prices, demand in the state is still high, causing properties to be sold quickly. However, each city and town has its own trends, which is why it’s important to consult with a real estate agent to understand your local market.
Is Montana a good state to invest in real estate?
Yes, Montana is a good state to invest in real estate, particularly in bigger cities like Billings and Missoula, where people are always looking for housing. However, before you start investing, you must first do some research on what types of properties are profitable and which neighborhoods to buy in. Check out our guide to investing in real estate to learn more.
Is it a good time to buy a house in Montana?
Now might not be the /real-estate-blog/best-time-to-buy-a-house-in-montana/. Listing prices are much higher than average — and are expected to increase even more in the near future. If you still want to buy, then it’s best to work with a top real estate agent to help you find a good deal.