Montana real estate trends (October 2021)
How is the real estate market in Montana?
🏠 Average home value: $367,030
📈 2.48% home value increase month over month
💰 Median listing price: $529,950
⏳ 73 days on the market
🔑 Homes on the market: 3,109
📆 1.0 months of housing inventory
🏦 30-year mortgage rate: 3.08%
💵 Average income: 55461
State of the market: A
As more buyers pour into Montana, sellers are sending prices through the roof. And given the state's low inventory, there's a good chance listing prices will continue to rise as long as demand holds out.
*Data last updated October 2021
In recent years, Montana has become a major destination for retirees. Nicknamed Big Sky Country, the state's dramatic landscape offers unparalleled views of wispy clouds and starry nights.
From its towering mountains to its sweeping grasslands, Montana is known for its sparsely populated rural landscapes. But the state's more populated areas have plenty to offer, too. Bozeman, Helena, Whitefish, and other cities and towns provide plentiful hiking trails and family-friendly amenities.
If you're thinking of buying or selling in Montana, these Montana housing predictions and stats can help you make an informed decision.
Want to save money when you buy or sell your home? With Clever, you'll only pay 1% or $3K in listing fees. Eligible buyers get 0.5% cash back after closing. Find out how much you can save with Clever today!
Selling a home in Montana
Montana real estate market forecast for sellers
⏰ Homes are selling 15.5 days faster than the annual average
💰 Homes are selling for $82,512 more than the annual average
💸 Average listing commission: 2.88%
💸 Average buyer's commission: 2.63%
How to sell a home in Montana
- The Best Low Commission Real Estate Brokers
- Top Real Estate Agents in Montana (June 2021 Rankings)
- 8 Steps to Selling a House in Montana
- How to Sell a House By Owner in Montana (2021 Update)
- 3 Best Montana Flat-Fee MLS Companies in 2021
- We Buy Houses for Cash Companies in Montana (2021 Rankings)
Cost to sell a home in Montana
- What's The Average Montana Real Estate Commission In 2021?
- The Ultimate Guide to Montana Real Estate Taxes
Buying a home in Montana
How much home you can buy with $300,000 in...
🏠 Billings: 1,489 sq ft
🏡 Bozeman: 829 sq ft
🏡 Missoula: 1,077 sq ft
🏠 Helena: 1,330 sq ft
- How to Save with a Home Buyer Rebate
- 8 Definitive Steps to Buying a House in Montana
- The Best Time to Buy a House in Montana
- Everything You Need to Know About Moving to Montana
Investing in Montana real estate
- Top 5 Best Real Estate Investment Markets in Montana
- A Beginner's Guide to Buying an Apartment Building
Best of Montana
Each month, we compare cities in Montana based on different criteria. This month, we're looking at affordability and ranking the best cities in the state.
Most Affordable Cities in Montana
2. Great Falls
Worst of Montana
Each month, we compare cities in Montana based on a different criteria. This month we're looking at affordability data. These are the cities that ranked the worst in the state.
Least Affordable Cities in Montana
- Montana Department of Labor and Industry - Montana Board of Realty Regulation
- Montana's real estate license verification
- Montana's real estate agent code of conduct
- Montana's disclosure forms
- Transfer taxes in Montana
- Home buying assistance programs in Montana
Clever's analysis of state market trends is based on local data from Zillow, realtor.com, Redfin, S&P Global, the U.S. Census, and Clever surveys. Our team of over 20 real estate analysts from across the country research local markets and data to compile our "Best" and "Worst" rankings.