Kentucky real estate trends (July 2021)
How is the real estate market in Kentucky?
🏠 Average home value: $167,059
📈 1.11% home value increase month over month
💰 Median sale price: $226,000
⏳ 59 days on the market
🔑 Homes on the market: 5,130
📆 0.6 months of housing inventory
🏦 30-year mortgage rate: 3.13%
💵 Average income: $50,589
State of the market: B
Kentucky’s real estate market looks primed for a boom and rising listing prices reflect that. Combine that with very low inventory, and Kentucky sellers have reason for optimism.
*Data last updated July 2021
Kentucky is known for horse racing, bluegrass music, and bourbon — a reliable recipe for having a good time.
Its major cities include Louisville, Lexington, Frankfurt, and Bowling Green, which offer plentiful restaurants, nightlife, and shopping.
If you're thinking of buying or selling in Kentucky, these Kentucky housing predictions and stats can help you make an informed decision.
Want to save money when you buy or sell your home? With Clever, you'll only pay 1% or $3K in listing fees. Eligible buyers get 0.5% cash back after closing. Find out how much you can save with Clever today!
Selling a home in Kentucky
Kentucky real estate market forecast for sellers
⏰ Homes are selling 19.5 days faster than the annual average
💰 Homes are selling for $13,279 more than the annual average
💸 Average listing commission: 2.88%
💸 Average buyer's commission: 2.86%
How to sell a home in Kentucky
- The Best Low Commission Real Estate Brokers
- Top Real Estate Agents in Kentucky (June 2021 Rankings)
- 8 Steps to Selling a House in Kentucky
- How to Sell a House By Owner in Kentucky (2021 Update)
- 3 Best Kentucky Flat-Fee MLS Companies in 2021
- 5 Kentucky We Buy Houses for Cash Companies & Alternatives (2021 Rankings)
Cost to sell a home in Kentucky
- What's The Average Kentucky Real Estate Commission In 2021?
- Kentucky Seller Closing Costs in 2021: How Much Will You Pay?
Buying a home in Kentucky
How much home you can buy with $300,000 in...
🏠 Louisville: 2,045 sq ft
🏡 Bowling Green: 2,140 sq ft
🏡 Lexington: 1,857 sq ft
🏠 Elizabethtown: 2,407 sq ft
- How to Save with a Home Buyer Rebate
- 8 Definitive Steps to Buying a House in Kentucky
- The Best Time to Buy a House in Kentucky
- The Ultimate Guide for Moving to Kentucky
Investing in Kentucky real estate
- Top 5 Best Real Estate Investment Markets in Kentucky
- The Ultimate Guide to Flipping Houses in Kentucky
- A Beginner's Guide to Buying an Apartment Building
Best of Kentucky
Each month, we compare cities in Kentucky based on different criteria. This month, we're looking at affordability and ranking the best cities in the state.
Most Affordable Cities in Kentucky
Worst of Kentucky
Each month, we compare cities in Kentucky based on a different criteria. This month we're looking at affordability data. These are the cities that ranked the worst in the state.
Least Affordable Cities in Kentucky
1. Louisville/Jefferson County
2. Bowling Green
3. Elizabethtown-Fort Knox
- Kentuckly real Estate Comission
- Kentucky's real estate license verification
- Kentucky's real estate agent code of conduct
- Kentucky's disclosure forms
- Transfer taxes in Kentucky
- Home buying assistance programs in Kentucky
Clever's analysis of state market trends is based on local data from Zillow, realtor.com, Redfin, S&P Global, the U.S. Census, and Clever surveys. Our team of over 20 real estate analysts from across the country research local markets and data to compile our "Best" and "Worst" rankings.