Kentucky real estate trends (May 2022)
Kentucky is known for horse racing, bluegrass music, and bourbon — a reliable recipe for having a good time.
Its major cities include Louisville, Lexington, Frankfurt, and Bowling Green, which offer plentiful restaurants, nightlife, and shopping.
If you're thinking of buying or selling in Kentucky, these Kentucky housing predictions and stats can help you make an informed decision.
Want to save money when you buy or sell your home? With Clever, you'll only pay 1.5% or $3K in listing fees. Eligible buyers get cash back after closing. Find out how much you can save with Clever today!
Selling a home in Kentucky
|Kentucky real estate market forecast for sellers|
|⏰ Homes are selling 24 days slower than the annual average||💰 Homes are selling for $25,568 more than the annual average|
|💸 Average listing commission: 2.72%||💸 Average buyer's commission: 2.72%|
How to sell a home in Kentucky
- The Best Low Commission Real Estate Brokers
- Top Real Estate Agents in Kentucky (June 2021 Rankings)
- 8 Steps to Selling a House in Kentucky
- How to Sell a House By Owner in Kentucky (2021 Update)
- 3 Best Kentucky Flat-Fee MLS Companies in 2021
- 5 Kentucky We Buy Houses for Cash Companies & Alternatives (2021 Rankings)
Cost to sell a home in Kentucky
- What's The Average Kentucky Real Estate Commission In 2021?
- Kentucky Seller Closing Costs in 2021: How Much Will You Pay?
List with the best agents in your area for just 1.5%. On average, Clever sellers save $7,000 on commission!
Our agent matching service is 100% free with zero obligation.
Buying a home in Kentucky
|How much home you can buy with $300,000 in...|
|🏠 Louisville: 1,807 sq ft||🏡 Bowling Green: 1,695 sq ft|
|🏡 Lexington: 1,667 sq ft||🏠 Elizabethtown: 2,027 sq ft|
- How to Save with a Home Buyer Rebate
- 8 Definitive Steps to Buying a House in Kentucky
- The Best Time to Buy a House in Kentucky
- The Ultimate Guide for Moving to Kentucky
Investing in Kentucky real estate
- Top 5 Best Real Estate Investment Markets in Kentucky
- The Ultimate Guide to Flipping Houses in Kentucky
- A Beginner's Guide to Buying an Apartment Building
Best of Kentucky
Each month, we compare locations in Kentucky based on different criteria. This month, we're looking at levels of happiness and ranking the best counties in the state.
|Happiest Counties in Kentucky|
|1. Boone County|
|2. Fayette County|
|3. Campbell County|
|4. Oldham County|
|5. Scott County|
Worst of Kentucky
Each month, we compare locations in Kentucky based on a different criteria. This month we're looking at levels of happiness data. These are the counties that ranked the worst in the state.
|Least Happy Counties in Kentucky|
|1. Magoffin County|
|2. Breathitt County|
|3. Harlan County|
|4. Martin County|
|5. Floyd County|
- Kentuckly real Estate Comission
- Kentucky's real estate license verification
- Kentucky's real estate agent code of conduct
- Kentucky's disclosure forms
- Transfer taxes in Kentucky
- Home buying assistance programs in Kentucky
If you're weighing your options for buying or selling a house, Clever can help!
Our fully licensed concierge team is standing by to answer questions and provide free, objective advice on getting the best outcome with your sale or purchase.
Ready to get started?
Give us a call at 1-833-2-CLEVER or enter your info below. Our concierge team will be in touch shortly to help.
Remember, this service is 100% free and there’s never any obligation.
Frequently asked questions about Kentucky real estate
Is it a buyer's or seller's market in Kentucky?
It is currently a seller’s market in Kentucky. Limited housing inventory in the state are creating a lot of opportunities for homeowners ready to sell. While that may be the case, each area is different, which is why it’s crucial to get the help of a local real estate agent to understand your market trends.
Is Kentucky a good state to invest in real estate?
Investing in real estate is always a good choice, especially in more densely populated areas of Kentucky like Louisville and Lexington. However, for your investment to pay off, you’ll need to buy the right kind of property in the best neighborhood. Find out more in our guide to real estate investing.
Is it a good time to buy a house in Kentucky?
Now might not be the best time to purchase a house in Kentucky, as listing prices and mortgage rates are higher than normal. If you still need to buy, however, then work with a local real estate agent to help you find a decent property that’s within your budget.