Kansas real estate trends (October 2021)
How is the real estate market in Kansas?
🏠 Average home value: $179,343
📈 1.21% home value increase month over month
💰 Median sale price: $319,000
⏳ 54 days on the market
🔑 Homes on the market: 4,466
📆 0.7 months of housing inventory
🏦 30-year mortgage rate: 3.06%
💵 Average income: 60523
State of the market: A-
Listing prices in Kansas have surged recently, as prospective home buyers flooded the market. With little inventory in the state, the market should continue its gentle upswing.
*Data last updated October 2021
When The Wizard of Oz's Dorothy closed her eyes and said, "There's no place like home," Kansas was on her mind. Today, the iconic line is true for the state's nearly three million residents.
The Sunflower State boasts fertile farmland, so it's no surprise that its main industries include agriculture and food processing. With hot summers and snowy winters, residents experience a full range of seasons.
If you're thinking of buying or selling in Kansas, these Kansas housing predictions and stats can help you make an informed decision.
Want to save money when you buy or sell your home? With Clever, you'll only pay 1% or $3K in listing fees. Eligible buyers get 0.5% cash back after closing. Find out how much you can save with Clever today!
Selling a home in Kansas
Kansas real estate market forecast for sellers
⏰ Homes are selling 10.5 days faster than the annual average
💰 Homes are selling for $7,485 more than the annual average
💸 Average listing commission: 2.98%
💸 Average buyer's commission: 3.03%
How to sell a home in Kansas
- The Best Low Commission Real Estate Brokers
- Top Real Estate Agents in Kansas (June 2021 Rankings)
- 8 Steps to Selling a House in Kansas
- How to Sell a House By Owner in Kansas (2021 Update)
- 3 Best Kansas Flat-Fee MLS Companies in 2021
- 5 Kansas We Buy Houses for Cash Companies & Alternatives (2021 Rankings)
Cost to sell a home in Kansas
- What's The Average Kansas Real Estate Commission In 2021?
- The Ultimate Guide to Kansas Real Estate Taxes
Buying a home in Kansas
How much home you can buy with $300,000 in...
🏠 Wichita: 2,859 sq ft
🏡 Lawrence: 1,893 sq ft
🏡 Topeka: 2,959 sq ft
🏠 Manhattan: 2,788 sq ft
- How to Save with a Home Buyer Rebate
- 8 Definitive Steps to Buying a House in Kansas
- The Best Time to Buy a House in Kansas
Investing in Kansas real estate
- Top 5 Best Real Estate Investment Markets in Kansas
- The Ultimate Guide to Flipping Houses in Kansas
- A Beginner's Guide to Buying an Apartment Building
Best of Kansas
Each month, we compare cities in Kansas based on different criteria. This month, we're looking at affordability and ranking the best cities in the state.
Most Affordable Cities in Kansas
Worst of Kansas
Each month, we compare cities in Kansas based on a different criteria. This month we're looking at affordability data. These are the cities that ranked the worst in the state.
Least Affordable Cities in Kansas
1. Kansas City
- Kansas Real Estate Commission
- Kansas's real estate license verification
- Kansas's real estate agent code of conduct
- Kansas's disclosure forms
- Transfer taxes in Kansas
- Home buying assistance programs in Kansas
Clever's analysis of state market trends is based on local data from Zillow, realtor.com, Redfin, S&P Global, the U.S. Census, and Clever surveys. Our team of over 20 real estate analysts from across the country research local markets and data to compile our "Best" and "Worst" rankings.