Wyoming real estate trends (July 2021)
How is the real estate market in Wyoming?
🏠 Average home value: $268,950
📈 0.51% home value increase month over month
💰 Median sale price: $312,500
⏳ 69 days on the market
🔑 Homes on the market: 1,549
📆 1.5 months of housing inventory
🏦 30-year mortgage rate: 3.02%
💵 Average income: $64,049
State of the market: B-
Home values are inching up in Wyoming, while listing prices are skyrocketing. However, listings sit on the market here for quite a while, suggesting that those listing prices may be too high; the state’s higher-than-average amount of inventory creates even more downward pressure on the market.
*Data last updated July 2021
As the least populous state in the nation, it's no wonder Wyoming is known for its natural beauty. The state features seven National Parks, including Yellowstone's hydrothermal geysers and the snow capped peaks of Grand Teton — as well as rodeos, ranches, and an impressive number of sites where archaeologists have unearthed fossils.
Along with the rural communities and small towns that dot the landscape, Wyoming also features small cities including Cheyenne, Casper, and Gillette, to name a few.
Fun fact: In 1869, Wisconsin became the first state to grant women the right to vote, earning the nickname the Equality State.
If you're thinking of buying or selling in Wyoming, these Wyoming housing predictions and stats can help you make an informed decision.
Want to save money when you buy or sell your home? With Clever, you'll only pay 1% or $3K in listing fees. Eligible buyers get 0.5% cash back after closing. Find out how much you can save with Clever today!
Selling a home in Wyoming
Wyoming real estate market forecast for sellers
⏰ Homes are selling 30 days faster than the annual average
💰 Homes are selling for $31,000 more than the annual average
💸 Average listing commission: 2.92%
💸 Average buyer's commission: 2.57%
How to sell a home in Wyoming
- The Best Low Commission Real Estate Brokers
- 8 Steps to Selling a House in Wyoming
- How to Sell a House By Owner in Wyoming (2021 Update)
- 5 Best Wyoming Flat-Fee MLS Companies | Clever Real Estate
- We Buy Houses for Cash Companies in Wyoming (2021 Rankings)
- What's The Average Wyoming Real Estate Commission In 2021?
Cost to sell a home in Wyoming
Buying a home in Wyoming
How much home you can buy with $300,000 in...
🏠 Cheyenne: 1,900 sq ft
🏡 Gillette: 2,673 sq ft
🏡 Casper: 2,123 sq ft
🏠 Rock Springs: 2,633 sq ft
- How to Save with a Home Buyer Rebate
- 8 Definitive Steps to Buying a House in Wyoming
- The Best Time to Buy a House in Wyoming
- The Ultimate Guide for Moving to Wyoming
Investing in Wyoming real estate
- Top 5 Best Real Estate Investment Markets in Wyoming
- A Beginner's Guide to Buying an Apartment Building
Best of Wyoming
Each month, we compare cities in Wyoming based on different criteria. This month, we're looking at affordability and ranking the best cities in the state.
Most Affordable Cities in Wyoming
1. Rock Springs
Worst of Wyoming
Each month, we compare cities in Wyoming based on a different criteria. This month we're looking at affordability data. These are the cities that ranked the worst in the state.
Least Affordable Cities in Wyoming
- Wyoming Real Estate Commission
- Wyoming's real estate license verification
- Wyoming's real estate agent code of conduct
- Wyoming's disclosure forms
- Transfer taxes in Wyoming
- Home buying assistance programs in Wyoming
Clever's analysis of state market trends is based on local data from Zillow, realtor.com, Redfin, S&P Global, the U.S. Census, and Clever surveys. Our team of over 20 real estate analysts from across the country research local markets and data to compile our "Best" and "Worst" rankings.