West Virginia real estate trends (July 2021)
How is the real estate market in West Virginia?
🏠 Average home value: $116,778
📈 0.69% home value increase month over month
💰 Median sale price: $243,000
⏳ 83 days on the market
🔑 Homes on the market: 2,869
📆 0.9 months of housing inventory
🏦 30-year mortgage rate: 3.33%
💵 Average income: $46,711
State of the market: B-
Although listing prices in West Virginia have seen a recent bump, listings are still sitting on the market for quite a while, so something will have to give before the market picks up.
*Data last updated July 2021
Throughout its history, West Virginia's rugged landscape and independent spirit has inspired a thriving tradition of folk music that captures the state's heart. Today, West Virginia's biggest industries include manufacturing, agriculture, and coal mining.
The Mountain State is a major destination for anyone who loves spending time outdoors, featuring an impressive 627 hiking trails that wind through the lush, forested Appalachians and overlook scenic river valleys.
Though most of the state is considered rural, West Virginia's notable cities include Charleston, Huntington, and Morgantown, to name a few.
If you're thinking of buying or selling in West Virginia, these West Virginia housing predictions and stats can help you make an informed decision.
Want to save money when you buy or sell your home? With Clever, you'll only pay 1% or $3K in listing fees. Eligible buyers get 0.5% cash back after closing. Find out how much you can save with Clever today!
Selling a home in West Virginia
West Virginia real estate market forecast for sellers
⏰ Homes are selling 32 days faster than the annual average
💰 Homes are selling for $7,613 more than the annual average
💸 Average listing commission: 2.92%
💸 Average buyer's commission: 2.62%
How to sell a home in West Virginia
- The Best Low Commission Real Estate Brokers
- 8 Steps to Selling a House in West Virginia
- How to Sell a House By Owner in West Virginia (2021 Update)
- 5 Best West Virginia Flat-Fee MLS Companies | Clever Real Estate
- 5 West Virginia We Buy Houses for Cash Companies & Alternatives (2021 Rankings)
- The Average West Virginia Real Estate Commission (2021)
Cost to sell a home in West Virginia
- West Virginia Seller Closing Costs in 2021: How Much Will You Pay?
- The Ultimate Guide to West Virginia Real Estate Taxes
Buying a home in West Virginia
How much home you can buy with $300,000 in...
🏠 Huntington: 3,708 sq ft
🏡 Wheeling: 3,251 sq ft
🏡 Charleston: 3,474 sq ft
🏠 Morgantown: 2,024 sq ft
- How to Save with a Home Buyer Rebate
- 8 Definitive Steps to Buying a House in West Virginia
- The Best Time to Buy a House in West Virginia
- The Ultimate Guide for Moving to West Virginia
Investing in West Virginia real estate
- Top 5 Best Real Estate Investment Markets in West Virginia
- A Beginner's Guide to Buying an Apartment Building
Best of West Virginia
Each month, we compare cities in West Virginia based on different criteria. This month, we're looking at affordability and ranking the best cities in the state.
Most Affordable Cities in West Virginia
Worst of West Virginia
Each month, we compare cities in West Virginia based on a different criteria. This month we're looking at affordability data. These are the cities that ranked the worst in the state.
Least Affordable Cities in West Virginia
West Virginia resources
- West Virginia Real Estate Commission
- West Virginia's real estate license verification
- West Virginia's real estate agent code of conduct
- West Virginia's disclosure forms
- Transfer taxes in West Virginia
- Home buying assistance programs in West Virginia
Clever's analysis of state market trends is based on local data from Zillow, realtor.com, Redfin, S&P Global, the U.S. Census, and Clever surveys. Our team of over 20 real estate analysts from across the country research local markets and data to compile our "Best" and "Worst" rankings.