West Virginia real estate trends (May 2022)
Throughout its history, West Virginia's rugged landscape and independent spirit has inspired a thriving tradition of folk music that captures the state's heart. Today, West Virginia's biggest industries include manufacturing, agriculture, and coal mining.
The Mountain State is a major destination for anyone who loves spending time outdoors, featuring an impressive 627 hiking trails that wind through the lush, forested Appalachians and overlook scenic river valleys.
Though most of the state is considered rural, West Virginia's notable cities include Charleston, Huntington, and Morgantown, to name a few.
If you're thinking of buying or selling in West Virginia, these West Virginia housing predictions and stats can help you make an informed decision.
Want to save money when you buy or sell your home? With Clever, you'll only pay 1.5% or $3K in listing fees. Eligible buyers get cash back after closing. Find out how much you can save with Clever today!
Selling a home in West Virginia
|West Virginia real estate market forecast for sellers|
|⏰ Homes are selling 23 days slower than the annual average||💰 Homes are selling for $19,725 more than the annual average|
|💸 Average listing commission: 2.72%||💸 Average buyer's commission: 2.72%|
How to sell a home in West Virginia
- The Best Low Commission Real Estate Brokers
- 8 Steps to Selling a House in West Virginia
- How to Sell a House By Owner in West Virginia (2021 Update)
- 5 Best West Virginia Flat-Fee MLS Companies | Clever Real Estate
- 5 West Virginia We Buy Houses for Cash Companies & Alternatives (2021 Rankings)
- The Average West Virginia Real Estate Commission (2021)
Cost to sell a home in West Virginia
- West Virginia Seller Closing Costs in 2021: How Much Will You Pay?
- The Ultimate Guide to West Virginia Real Estate Taxes
List with the best agents in your area for just 1.5%. On average, Clever sellers save $7,000 on commission!
Our agent matching service is 100% free with zero obligation.
Buying a home in West Virginia
|How much home you can buy with $300,000 in...|
|🏠 Huntington: 3,030 sq ft||🏡 Wheeling: 2,830 sq ft|
|🏡 Charleston: 3,061 sq ft||🏠 Morgantown: 1,948 sq ft|
- How to Save with a Home Buyer Rebate
- 8 Definitive Steps to Buying a House in West Virginia
- The Best Time to Buy a House in West Virginia
- The Ultimate Guide for Moving to West Virginia
Investing in West Virginia real estate
- Top 5 Best Real Estate Investment Markets in West Virginia
- A Beginner's Guide to Buying an Apartment Building
Best of West Virginia
Each month, we compare locations in West Virginia based on different criteria. This month, we're looking at levels of happiness and ranking the best counties in the state.
|Happiest Counties in West Virginia|
|1. Tucker County|
|2. Jefferson County|
|3. Pendleton County|
|4. Morgan County|
|5. Pocahontas County|
Worst of West Virginia
Each month, we compare locations in West Virginia based on a different criteria. This month we're looking at levels of happiness data. These are the counties that ranked the worst in the state.
|Least Happy Counties in West Virginia|
|1. McDowell County|
|2. Calhoun County|
|3. Mingo County|
|4. Clay County|
|5. Roane County|
West Virginia resources
- West Virginia Real Estate Commission
- West Virginia's real estate license verification
- West Virginia's real estate agent code of conduct
- West Virginia's disclosure forms
- Transfer taxes in West Virginia
- Home buying assistance programs in West Virginia
If you're weighing your options for buying or selling a house, Clever can help!
Our fully licensed concierge team is standing by to answer questions and provide free, objective advice on getting the best outcome with your sale or purchase.
Ready to get started?
Give us a call at 1-833-2-CLEVER or enter your info below. Our concierge team will be in touch shortly to help.
Remember, this service is 100% free and there’s never any obligation.
Frequently asked questions about West Virginia real estate
Is it a buyer's or seller's market in West Virginia?
Currently, it is a seller’s market in West Virginia, with homes selling for much more than normal. However, each city and town has its own trends, which is why it’s best to check in with a local real estate agent to understand your area’s market.
Is West Virginia a good state to invest in real estate?
West Virginia is a good state to invest in real estate, especially in bigger cities like Charleston and Huntington, where demand for housing is high. Still, for your investment to pay off, you will first need to find what types of properties are profitable and which neighborhoods to buy in. Learn more in our guide to real estate investing.
Is it a good time to buy a house in West Virginia?
For most people, it might not be a good time to buy a house in West Virginia. Listing prices and mortgage rates are higher than normal, both of which can make it difficult to find a good deal. If you really need to buy right now, however, then you’ll need to work with an experienced real estate agent to help you find a greate property.