New Jersey real estate trends (May 2022)
Though more than eight million viewers around the world have tuned into MTV's Jersey Shore, they've only seen a glimpse of all the Garden State has to offer.
Beyond its storied beaches, New Jersey features plenty of charming communities tucked among its lakes and rolling hills. Its biggest cities include Newark, Jersey City, and Paterson.
Residents take pride in the state's abundant Italian delis, fresh local produce, and playfully ribbing out of state visitors. The state's central location makes it easy for residents to commute by train to nearby New York City and Philadelphia.
If you're thinking of buying or selling in New Jersey, these New Jersey housing predictions and stats can help you make an informed decision.
Want to save money when you buy or sell your home? With Clever, you'll only pay 1.5% or $3K in listing fees. Eligible buyers get cash back after closing. Find out how much you can save with Clever today!
Selling a home in New Jersey
|New Jersey real estate market forecast for sellers
|⏰ Homes are selling 14 days slower than the annual average
|💰 Homes are selling for $3,454 less than the annual average
|💸 Average listing commission: 2.99%
|💸 Average buyer's commission: 2.22%
How to sell a home in New Jersey
- The Best Low Commission Real Estate Brokers
- Top Real Estate Agents in New Jersey (June 2021 Rankings)
- 8 Steps to Selling a House in New Jersey
- How to Sell a House By Owner in New Jersey (2021 Update)
- 5 Best New Jersey Flat-Fee MLS Companies in 2021
- 5 New Jersey We Buy Houses for Cash Companies & Alternatives (2021 Rankings)
Cost to sell a home in New Jersey
- The Average New Jersey Real Estate Commission (2021)
- New Jersey Seller Closing Costs in 2021: How Much Will You Pay?
- The Ultimate Guide to New Jersey Real Estate Taxes
List with the best agents in your area for just 1.5%. On average, Clever sellers save $7,000 on commission!
Our agent matching service is 100% free with zero obligation.
Buying a home in New Jersey
|How much home you can buy with $300,000 in...
|🏠 Trenton: sq ft
|🏡 Vineland: 1,613 sq ft
|🏡 Atlantic City: 1,240 sq ft
|🏠 Ocean City: 467 sq ft
- How to Save with a Home Buyer Rebate
- 8 Definitive Steps to Buying a House in New Jersey
- The 5 Most Affordable Places to Live In New Jersey
- The Best Time to Buy a House in New Jersey
- Rent vs Buy in New Jersey: Which Is Right for You?
- Everything You Need to Know About Moving to New Jersey
Investing in New Jersey real estate
- Top 5 Best Real Estate Investment Markets in New Jersey
- A Beginner's Guide to Buying an Apartment Building
Best of New Jersey
Each month, we compare locations in New Jersey based on different criteria. This month, we're looking at levels of happiness and ranking the best counties in the state.
|Happiest Counties in New Jersey
|1. Morris County
|2. Union County
|3. Sussex County
|4. Hunterdon County
|5. Somerset County
Worst of New Jersey
Each month, we compare locations in New Jersey based on a different criteria. This month we're looking at levels of happiness data. These are the counties that ranked the worst in the state.
|Least Happy Counties in New Jersey
|1. Cumberland County
|2. Atlantic County
|3. Salem County
|4. Essex County
|5. Camden County
New Jersey resources
- State of New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance - New Jersey Real Estate Commission
- New Jersey's real estate license verification
- New Jersey's real estate agent code of conduct
- New Jersey's disclosure forms
- Transfer taxes in New Jersey
- Home buying assistance programs in New Jersey
If you're weighing your options for buying or selling a house, Clever can help!
Our fully licensed concierge team can answer your questions and provide objective advice on getting the best outcome with your sale or purchase.
When you enter your info below, we'll ask you a few questions about your situation via a short form. Then our concierge team will be in touch shortly to help.
This service is free, and there’s never any obligation to move forward with us.
Frequently asked questions about New Jersey real estate
Is it a buyer's or seller's market in New Jersey?
It is currently a seller's market in New Jersey. Although listing prices are low right now, the increasing demand is causing homes to sell quickly. While that may be the case, each city and town is different, so it’s best to check in with a top real estate agent to understand your local trends.
Is New Jersey a good state to invest in real estate?
Real estate is always a good investment, but it’s even better in a populous state like New Jersey. Bigger cities like Trenton or areas in the New York City metro are perfect because the demand for housing is always high. However, investing requires proper preparation for it to pay off, such as finding the best neighborhoods to buy in and understanding what locals look for in a place to live. Learn more in our guide to real estate investing.
Is it a good time to buy a house in New Jersey?
It might be a good time to buy a house in New Jersey right now, as homes are selling for less than they’re worth. To find out all your options, work with one of the top real estate agents in the area for help.