Delaware real estate trends (July 2021)
How is the real estate market in Delaware?
🏠 Average home value: $313,018
📈 1.63% home value increase month over month
💰 Median sale price: $267,000
⏳ 68 days on the market
🔑 Homes on the market: 1,710
📆 0.5 months of housing inventory
🏦 30-year mortgage rate: 3.00%
💵 Average income: $68,287
State of the market: B
Despite very low inventory, listing prices have recently declined and time on market is increasing, which suggests that buyers are waiting for more reasonably priced properties.
*Data last updated July 2021
There's more to Delaware than meets the eye. The small mid-Atlantic state contains gentle hills, three state forests, and a beachy coast that attracts visitors from across the nation. In fact, Delaware's beaches welcome more than 10 million visitors in a given year, making tourism one of the state's biggest industries.
Beyond the tourist trade, Delaware is a popular retirement destination with plenty of communities that offer a small town charm. Depending on where you live, Delaware offers highly rated public schools and a relatively affordable cost of living for families, too.
If you're thinking of buying or selling in Delaware, these Delaware housing predictions and stats can help you make an informed decision.
Want to save money when you buy or sell your home? With Clever, you'll only pay 1% or $3K in listing fees. Eligible buyers get 0.5% cash back after closing. Find out how much you can save with Clever today!
Selling a home in Delaware
Delaware real estate market forecast for sellers
⏰ Homes are selling 23 days faster than the annual average
💰 Homes are selling for $18,500 more than the annual average
💸 Average listing commission: 2.92%
💸 Average buyer's commission: 2.83%
How to sell a home in Delaware
- The Best Low Commission Real Estate Brokers
- 8 Steps to Selling a House in Delaware
- How to Sell a House By Owner in Delaware (2021 Update)
- 5 Best Delaware Flat-Fee MLS Companies | Clever Real Estate
- We Buy Houses for Cash Companies in Delaware (2021 Rankings)
- What's The Average Delaware Real Estate Commission In 2021?
Cost to sell a home in Delaware
Buying a home in Delaware
How much home you can buy with $300,000 in...
🏠 Dover: 1,852 sq ft
🏡 : sq ft
🏡 : sq ft
🏠 : sq ft
- How to Save with a Home Buyer Rebate
- 8 Definitive Steps to Buying a House in Delaware
- The 5 Most Affordable Places to Live In Delaware
- The Best Time to Buy a House in Delaware
- Everything You Need to Know About Moving to Delaware
Investing in Delaware real estate
- Top 5 Best Real Estate Investment Markets in Delaware
- House Flipping 101: The Beginner's Guide
- A Beginner's Guide to Buying an Apartment Building
Best of Delaware
Each month, we compare cities in Delaware based on different criteria. This month, we're looking at affordability and ranking the best cities in the state.
Most Affordable Cities in Delaware
2. Pike Creek
Worst of Delaware
Each month, we compare cities in Delaware based on a different criteria. This month we're looking at affordability data. These are the cities that ranked the worst in the state.
Least Affordable Cities in Delaware
- Delaware Real Estate Commission - Divison of Professional Regulation
- Delaware's real estate license verification
- Delaware's real estate agent code of conduct
- Delaware's disclosure forms
- Transfer taxes in Delaware
- Home buying assistance programs in Delaware
Clever's analysis of state market trends is based on local data from Zillow, realtor.com, Redfin, S&P Global, the U.S. Census, and Clever surveys. Our team of over 20 real estate analysts from across the country research local markets and data to compile our "Best" and "Worst" rankings.