📊 The data:
We surveyed local agents and found that the average real estate commission in Oklahoma is 5.59%, which is higher than the national average of 5.37%.
To sell a house in Oklahoma worth $198,995 — the median home value in Oklahoma — you’ll pay about $11,124 in realtor fees.
Realtor commission is usually the largest cost you'll face when selling your home — but you don't have to pay the full 5.59%.
Clever Real Estate could help you save thousands on commission by pre-negotiating 1.5% listing fees with full-service Oklahoma realtors from top brokerages.
On that same $198,995 home — you'd pay just $8,600, up to 22% less than paying average rates.
How real estate agent commission works
|Average listing commission||2.76%|
|Average buyer's agent commission||2.83%|
|Total average commission||5.59%|
There are usually two real estate agents involved in a home sale:
- The seller's agent (also called the listing agent), who represents the home seller
- The buyer's agent, who represents the person buying the home
Based on our research, the average commission rate for listing agents is 2.76% of the final home price and 2.83% for buyer's agents, for a total of 5.59%.
» LEARN: How do real estate commissions work?
Who pays realtor fees in Oklahoma?
In Oklahoma, home sellers pay real estate commission fees out of the final sale proceeds for both agents involved in a deal. Offering to pay for the buyer's agent's commission is an incentive for agents to show your home to their clients.
If you'd like to save on commissions, Clever can connect you with a top listing agent in your area. You'll pay just 1.5% (or $3,000 if your home sells for less than $350,000), keeping more money in your pocket at the end of your sale.
Want to find a top local agent in Oklahoma without overpaying on realtor fees? Clever negotiates 1.5% listing fees with top-rated Oklahoma real estate agents from trusted brokerages like Keller Williams, RE/MAX, and Berkshire Hathaway.
Get guaranteed full service for a fraction of the 2.76% rate Oklahoma agents typically charge. Schedule a free, no obligation consultation with a top local agent today!
How to save on realtor fees in Oklahoma
Commission rates are not set in stone. In fact, we found that while 5.59% is the average in Oklahoma, rates typically fall between 4.68% and 6.49%. You can save money by negotiating a lower rate with your listing agent or by working with brokerage that has a discounted commission model.
|Listing commission range||2.31%– 3.21%|
|Buyer's agent commission||2.37%– 3.28%|
|Total commission range||4.68%– 6.49%|
Tips for negotiating realtor commission in Oklahoma
Whether you’re selling a family home in Tulsa, a condo in downtown Oklahoma City, or an investment rental in Norman, you can almost always save yourself thousands of dollars by negotiating a lower commission rate.
Negotiating a lower realtor percentage in Oklahoma depends on two main factors: your situation and the housing market.
|Factor||You may have an easier time negotiating low rates if...|
|The Oklahoma housing market||
While your personal situation will obviously vary, Oklahoma real estate market conditions will affect all home sellers in your area.
In general, in a seller's market — where home sellers have more leverage than buyers — a listing agent's job is easier and they may be more willing to lower their commission rates. The opposite is usually true in a buyer's market.
To judge the current state of your real estate market, look at these three factors:
- Months of inventory
- Sale to list price
- Home value trends
If every factor points to Oklahoma being a seller's market, then you may be in a good position to negotiate a lower commission rate with your agent. If market conditions are mixed or favor buyers, it may be more challenging to persuade your realtor to accept a cheaper fee.
The current state of the Oklahoma real estate market
|Months of inventory||There's 1.6 months of housing inventory on the market||Seller's market|
|Sale-to-list ratio||Homes are selling for 97.16% of their listing price||Buyer's market|
|Home values||Home values have risen 42.97% year over year||Seller's market|
Low commission real estate companies in Oklahoma
Negotiating a lower rate with a professional negotiator can be hard! In many cases, home sellers can save just as much (or more!) by selling with a low commission real estate company.
These are some of the top discount and flat-fee MLS services in Oklahoma.
The top discount real estate companies in Oklahoma
Discount real estate companies typically offer full-service support for a reduced commission percentage or flat rate. How they create those discounts will depend on the company's model, with some creating more risks and trade-offs than others.
Clever Real EstateGet Started
💲 Listing Fee
💰 Avg. Savings
⭐ Avg. Customer Rating
Clever is a quick, easy, and free way to find a top-rated local agent. And, unlike many similar companies, Clever pre-negotiates big discounts on your behalf, so you can save thousands without sacrificing on service.
- Clever offers a free, nationwide agent-matching service that partners with full-service local agents from conventional brokerages like Keller Williams, Century 21, and RE/MAX.
- You get multiple agent matches so you can interview, compare marketing plans, and choose the best fit.
- Clever pre-negotiates low rates on your behalf — you get full service for a low 1.5% listing fee.
- If you buy with Clever, you could get cash back after closing.
- You may not get matched with an agent from your preferred real estate brokerage.
- Agents may not provide premium services like drone photography and professional home staging.
Clever has a 4.9 out of 5 rating on Trustpilot, based on 1,710 reviews.
Clever has pre-negotiated low commission rates with top agents in all 50 states and Washington, DC.
💲 Listing Fee
💰 Avg. Savings
⭐ Avg. Customer Rating
Redfin offers real savings and is a proven brand. But sellers could compromise on service — especially agent experience and availability.
- If you buy and sell with Redfin, you'll get a 0.5% listing fee discount.
- Redfin gives its listings premium placement in its popular home search app.
- If finding the right agent is a top priority, you'll have limited options — Redfin only has a few agents in each of its markets.
- Redfin agents handle more customers at once than the average realtor, so they may not be able to provide as much personalized service.
Redfin has a 3.8 out of 5 rating (425 reviews) across popular review sites like Google and Yelp.
Redfin is available in 80+ U.S. markets (see all locations).
The top flat fee MLS listing services in Oklahoma
Flat fee MLS services list your home on your local MLS for a low fee, often around $200–$1,500. The trade-off is that you'll have to handle almost the entire home-selling process yourself.
OK By OwnerOK By Owner
- There's no listing duration - every listing is hosted until sold.
- Every listing comes with a basic property report with photos and market statistics - even the completely free listings.
- Premium packages include professional photography and video services in addition to realtor support.
- Only the paid packages include contracts, disclosures and mandatory forms.
- Contract review and negotiation assistance always carries additional fees, regardless of the service package purchased.
Trinity PropertiesTrinity Properties
- Seller-hosted open houses can be listed for free at any time, and there's no limit on how many are allowed.
- All listings include at least 36 photos and additional marketing materials to help your home sell quickly.
- Trinity Properties does not offer additional a la carte services, such as signpost rental and installation.
- It's unclear what exactly is offered by Trinity's special marketing packages, so you won't necessarily know ahead of time what you're getting.
Oklahoma offers excellent quality of life with a cost of living that’s lower than almost anywhere in the U.S. Led by state capital Oklahoma City, the state’s housing costs are lower than most parts of the country — a statistic that’s even more meaningful when you consider the state’s great job market and low crime rate.
There’s great value to be found in the Oklahoma housing market, where the median home value is still far below the national average, even after a decade of steady appreciation. Even in cosmopolitan Oklahoma City, consistently ranked as one of the most livable cities in America, home values are still extremely affordable. While the Oklahoma market may never see the explosive appreciation of the Bay Area, it’s a very solid market that still offers great value.
Commission can take a big bite out of your profits when it comes to an Oklahoma home sale, but Clever can help you keep that money in your pocket by reducing your commission rate. Clever pre-negotiates low 1.5% commission for you, or a flat fee of $3,000 if your home sells for less than $350,000, and they partner you with pre-vetted elite agents from Oklahoma. Contact Clever today to find out how to save thousands on commission!
Clever can connect you with top local agents sell your house for a pre-negotiated low rate: just a 1.5% listing fee when your home sells (half the typical rate!).
You can interview your Clever agent matches, get free pricing estimates, and compare marketing plans — all with no strings attached.
Ready to learn more? Click below to take our simple quiz and see your agent matches!
We gathered our commission rate data from a survey of 630 of our partner agents. The survey asked about standard local rates for both listing and buying agents.
Additionally, we utilized the following data from Zillow and Realtor.com:
- Home values, list prices, and sale prices: Based on Zillow data as of July 2023
- Sale prices and sale-to-list ratios: Based on Redfin data as of February 2023 (unless specified otherwise)
- Months of inventory: Based on Realtor.com data as of February 2023
Additional resources for Oklahoma home sellers