Getting a good outcome on your home sale or purchase requires finding a great real estate agent. But with more than 2,101 active agents in Washington, DC, that can be easier said than done.
Our team spent 80 hours analyzing 2,280 data points to identify the top 27 local agents across a variety of categories.
Clever can help you keep more money in your pocket at closing!
✅ Sellers pay only 1.5% in listing fees
✅ Buyers earn cash back on eligible purchases
✅ You'll work with a local realtor from top brokers, like RE/MAX and Keller Williams
Clever's service is 100% free, with zero obligation. You can interview as many agents as you like, or walk away at any time. Enter your zip code to find a top local agent today!
Top agents in Washington, DC for buyers
When selecting the best buyer's agents, we looked for:
- Frequency with which they worked in the area recently, to understand familiarity
- Consistent discounts off the list price when representing buyers
- Positive reviews that indicated a willingness to give you the time and space to make a decision
Top agents in Washington, DC for sellers
When selecting the best listing agents, we looked for:
- Consistent professional photography and well-written listing descriptions
- An ability to get top dollar for properties and low discounts accepted by sellers
- Reviews that indicated their willingness to go the extra mile for transactions
Top agents in Washington, DC for upsizing
When selecting an agent that can help with buying and selling we considered:
- History of handling multiple transactions for a client
- Record of negotiating good deals for buyers and sellers
- Specialization in a particular area and price range
|Top Agents for Upsizing||Phone Number|
|Keri Shull||(703) 832-0928|
|Jeff Chreky||(301) 298-3210|
|Kevin Hughes and Tyler Siperko||(410) 469-1941|
|Treasury Homes||(202) 817-2151|
|Kimberly Cestari||(202) 253-8757|
Top agents in Washington, DC for investing
When choosing the best agent to help you invest, we considered:
- Experience working with other investors
- Knowledge of the local market and any opportunities
- Reviews that indicated the agent had many connections in the real estate industry
|Top Agents for Investors||Phone Number|
|Carlos Garcia||(202) 796-6684|
|Keri Shull||(703) 832-0928|
|Justin Paulhamus||(202) 255-5282|
|City Chic Real Estate||(703) 844-2197|
|Koki Adasi||(240) 994-3941|
Most experienced real estate agents in Washington
Choose an experienced agent if you:
- Expect a complex transaction
- Need to buy or sell multiple properties
- Want access to references (like contractors)
|Most Experienced||Years of Experience||Phone Number|
|Jonathan Taylor||37||(202) 759-8346|
|Tom Faison||31||(202) 255-5554|
|Lauryn Needle||26||(240) 650-9654|
|Chris Polhemus||25||(301) 939-0413|
|Kornelia Stuphan||25||(202) 759-2059|
Highest rated real estate agents in Washington
Pick a highly reviewed agent in your area if you:
- Worry about going through the real estate process
- Want to receive exceptional personal service
- Are buying or selling a home for the first time
|Highest Rated||Number of Reviews||Phone Number|
|Matthew Dubbaneh||87||(240) 839-4002|
|Alan Chargin||35||(626) 786-5955|
|The Capital Estate Group||110||(301) 922-3700|
|Ellie Mix Yehl||62||(202) 875-8630|
|Mattia D'Affuso||27||(240) 847-0467|
Agents in Washington with the highest transaction volume
An agent or small team that closes a very large number of sales will have encountered a large number of unique situations to draw from. These agents stand apart for their experience and the wide range of properties that they’ve helped clients buy and sell.
Your best choice is an agent with the most sales if you:
- Have a very unique property
- Want a large track record to evaluate their performance
- Need advice on the local market
|Most Transactions||Number of Transactions||Phone Number|
|Keri Shull||1,992||(703) 832-0928|
|Tom Faison||1,347||(202) 255-5554|
|Koki Adasi||638||(240) 994-3941|
|Kimberly Cestari||601||(202) 253-8757|
|Shelley Gold||558||(202) 816-5022|
Top multilingual real estate agents in Washington
Each of the agents or teams listed below offer services in multiple languages. We recommend asking to speak to someone in your native language and discussing your individual needs before making a selection.
|Top Agent||Languages||Phone Number|
|Keri Shull||English, Spanish, Russian, Arabic||(703) 832-0928|
|Lauryn Needle||English, Spanish, French, Italian, Tagalog (Filipino)||(240) 650-9654|
|Casey Aboulafia||English, Spanish||(202) 902-9460|
|Sina Mollaan||English, Italian, Farsi||(703) 457-1608|
Washington market trends in September 2023
In Washington, DC, the median home value is $467,757. However, the median listing price for Washington homes is $526,667, and the median sale price is $449,982. On average, Washington, stay on the market for 9 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the average real estate agent commission in Washington?
That’s right, if you’re selling in the District of Columbia, you’re paying less in commission than the national average.
Why is it important to work with a top real estate agent?
|Key benefits of selling with a top agent||Key benefits of buying with a top agent|
|Faster sale||Local market expertise|
|Best possible price||Best possible deal|
|Access to vetted contractors and service providers||Automatic MLS alerts and early scoop on up-and-coming listings|
|Less stress and time investment throughout the process||Comfortably navigate the complex home-buying process|
Don’t see an agent who is right for your situation? Speak with our Concierge Team to get hand-picked agent matches for you. Our service is free with no obligation.
|Agents Considered||Sales Analyzed||Factors Considered||Hours Invested|
The best real estate agents have a few things in common. They are all experienced, receive frequent positive reviews, get their clients consistent results, and usually specialize in an area, price point, or type of client.
The factors we consider when evaluating top agents include:
- Experience: The number of years an agent has worked and the number of transactions they’ve completed in that time
- Reviews: How consistently and frequently the agent receives positive reviews
- Results: How frequently an agent’s skill set benefits their clients
- Specialization: The degree to which an agent works within a specific price range, area, or with buyers, sellers, or investors