Getting a good outcome on your home sale or purchase requires finding a great real estate agent. But with more than 2,101 active agents in Washington, DC, that can be easier said than done.
Our team spent 80 hours analyzing 2,280 data points to identify the top 27 local agents across a variety of categories.
Top agents in Washington, DC for buyers
When selecting the best buyer's agents, we looked for:
- Frequency with which they worked in the area recently, to understand familiarity
- Consistent discounts off the list price when representing buyers
- Positive reviews that indicated a willingness to give you the time and space to make a decision
Top Buyer's Agents
Not seeing the type of buyer's agent you’re looking for? Click here to get hand-picked agent matches for you.
Top agents in Washington, DC for sellers
When selecting the best listing agents, we looked for:
- Consistent professional photography and well-written listing descriptions
- An ability to get top dollar for properties and low discounts accepted by sellers
- Reviews that indicated their willingness to go the extra mile for transactions
Top Listing Agents
Not seeing the type of listing agent you’re looking for? Click here to get hand-picked agent matches for you.
Top agents in Washington, DC for upsizing
When selecting an agent that can help with buying and selling we considered:
- History of handling multiple transactions for a client
- Record of negotiating good deals for buyers and sellers
- Specialization in a particular area and price range
Top agents in Washington, DC for investing
When choosing the best agent to help you invest, we considered:
- Experience working with other investors
- Knowledge of the local market and any opportunities
- Reviews that indicated the agent had many connections in the real estate industry
Top Agents for Investors
Most experienced real estate agents in Washington
Choose an experienced agent if you:
- Expect a complex transaction
- Need to buy or sell multiple properties
- Want access to references (like contractors)
Years of Experience
Highest rated real estate agents in Washington
Pick a highly reviewed agent in your area if you:
- Worry about going through the real estate process
- Want to receive exceptional personal service
- Are buying or selling a home for the first time
Number of Reviews
Agents in Washington with the highest transaction volume
An agent or small team that closes a very large number of sales will have encountered a large number of unique situations to draw from. These agents stand apart for their experience and the wide range of properties that they’ve helped clients buy and sell.
Your best choice is an agent with the most sales if you:
- Have a very unique property
- Want a large track record to evaluate their performance
- Need advice on the local market
Number of Transactions
Top multilingual real estate agents in Washington
Each of the agents or teams listed below offer services in multiple languages. We recommend asking to speak to someone in your native language and discussing your individual needs before making a selection.
English, Spanish, Russian, Arabic
English, Spanish, French, Italian, Tagalog (Filipino)
English, Italian, Farsi
Washington market trends in May 2023
Median home value
Homes on market
Median listing price
Days to pending
Median sale price
Based on Zillow data (March 2023)
In Washington, DC, the median home value is $467,757. However, the median listing price for Washington homes is $526,667, and the median sale price is $449,982. On average, Washington, stay on the market for 9 days.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the average real estate agent commission in Washington?
That’s right, if you’re selling in the District of Columbia, you’re paying less in commission than the national average.
» LEARN: Average Commission Rates in the District of Columbia
Why is it important to work with a top real estate agent?
Key benefits of selling with a top agent
Key benefits of buying with a top agent
Local market expertise
Best possible price
Best possible deal
Access to vetted contractors and service providers
Automatic MLS alerts and early scoop on up-and-coming listings
Less stress and time investment throughout the process
Comfortably navigate the complex home-buying process
The best real estate agents have a few things in common. They are all experienced, receive frequent positive reviews, get their clients consistent results, and usually specialize in an area, price point, or type of client.
The factors we consider when evaluating top agents include:
- Experience: The number of years an agent has worked and the number of transactions they’ve completed in that time
- Reviews: How consistently and frequently the agent receives positive reviews
- Results: How frequently an agent’s skill set benefits their clients
- Specialization: The degree to which an agent works within a specific price range, area, or with buyers, sellers, or investors