Colorado real estate trends (May 2022)
With over 300 sunny days per year, Colorado is a perfect destination for anyone who loves the outdoors.
In fact, the Centennial State offers more than 17,000 trails for hiking and biking — not to mention the state's famous ski resorts.
For those who prefer city life, major cities including Denver and Colorado Springs offer plenty of restaurants, cultural events, and shopping.
If you're thinking of buying or selling in Colorado, these Colorado housing predictions and stats can help you make an informed decision.
Want to save money when you buy or sell your home? With Clever, you'll only pay 1.5% or $3K in listing fees. Eligible buyers get cash back after closing. Find out how much you can save with Clever today!
Selling a home in Colorado
|Colorado real estate market forecast for sellers|
|⏰ Homes are selling 37 days slower than the annual average||💰 Homes are selling for $13,420 less than the annual average|
|💸 Average listing commission: 2.73%||💸 Average buyer's commission: 2.79%|
How to sell a home in Colorado
- The Best Low Commission Real Estate Brokers
- Top Real Estate Agents in Colorado (June 2021 Rankings)
- 8 Steps to Selling a House in Colorado
- How to Sell a House By Owner in Colorado (2021 Update)
- 5 Best Colorado Flat-Fee MLS Companies in 2021
- We Buy Houses for Cash Companies in Colorado (2021 Rankings)
Cost to sell a home in Colorado
- What's The Average Colorado Real Estate Commission In 2021?
- Colorado Seller Closing Costs in 2021: How Much Will You Pay?
- The Ultimate Guide to Colorado Real Estate Taxes
List with the best agents in your area for just 1.5%. On average, Clever sellers save $7,000 on commission!
Our agent matching service is 100% free with zero obligation.
Buying a home in Colorado
|How much home you can buy with $300,000 in...|
|🏠 Denver: 1,024 sq ft||🏡 Fort Collins: 1,149 sq ft|
|🏡 Colorado Springs: 1,327 sq ft||🏠 Boulder: 739 sq ft|
- How to Save with a Home Buyer Rebate
- 8 Definitive Steps to Buying a House in Colorado
- The 5 Most Affordable Places to Live In Colorado
- The Best Time to Buy a House in Colorado
- The Ultimate Guide for Moving to Colorado
Investing in Colorado real estate
- Top 5 Best Real Estate Investment Markets in Colorado
- The Ultimate Guide to Flipping Houses in Colorado
- A Beginner's Guide to Buying an Apartment Building
Best of Colorado
💡 Did you know…
The Clever Data Center ranked Denver, Colorado among the top 10 best brunch cities in the country?
The Mile-High City has 11 brunch restaurants per capita, which is 57% more than the average American city. According to Google Trends, Denver residents also search for brunch-related terms 25% more than average.
» Hungry for more info? 🍳 Read our full study here: The Best Brunch Cities in America
Each month, we compare locations in Colorado based on different criteria. This month, we're looking at levels of happiness and ranking the best counties in the state.
|Happiest Counties in Colorado|
|1. Summit County|
|2. Broomfield County|
|3. Douglas County|
|4. Eagle County|
|5. Jefferson County|
Worst of Colorado
Each month, we compare locations in Colorado based on a different criteria. This month we're looking at levels of happiness data. These are the counties that ranked the worst in the state.
|Least Happy Counties in Colorado|
|1. Crowley County|
|2. Bent County|
|3. Costilla County|
|4. Huerfano County|
|5. Otero County|
- Colorado DORA Division of Real Estate
- Colorado's real estate license verification
- Colorado's real estate agent code of conduct
- Colorado's disclosure forms
- Transfer taxes in Colorado
- Home buying assistance programs in Colorado
If you're weighing your options for buying or selling a house, Clever can help!
Our fully licensed concierge team is standing by to answer questions and provide free, objective advice on getting the best outcome with your sale or purchase.
Ready to get started?
Give us a call at 1-833-2-CLEVER or enter your info below. Our concierge team will be in touch shortly to help.
Remember, this service is 100% free and there’s never any obligation.
Frequently asked questions about Colorado real estate
Is it a buyer's or seller's market in Colorado?
It is currently a seller’s market in Colorado. Sale prices are much higher than average, and properties don’t stay on the market for very long. However, the particular market trends of each city and town differ, so check in with a local real estate agent to get professional insight about your area.
Is Colorado a good state to invest in real estate?
Colorado is a good state to invest in real estate, especially in cities with a high demand for housing, like Denver and Colorado Springs. But if you want to maximize your investment, then you should first do some research on the best neighborhoods and devise a plan for the properties you will buy. Check out our guide to real estate investing to find out more.
Is it a good time to buy a house in Colorado?
For most, now is not an ideal time to buy a house in Colorado, as listing prices are high and options in the market are limited. However, mortgage rates in the state are currently a bit lower than average, so you can save money over time if you get a good rate. Working with a local real estate agent can help guide your decisions and point you to the best deals in the state.