Colorado real estate trends (May 2022)
How is the real estate market in Colorado?
🏠 Average home value: $580,275
📈 -0.68% home value decrease month over month
💰 Median sale price: $680,000
⏳ 38 days on the market
🔑 Homes on the market: 19,783
📆 1.9 months of housing inventory
🏦 30-year mortgage rate: 5.49000%
💵 Average income: 75231
State of the market: A+
Colorado’s real estate market is hot. With homes selling quickly coupled with low inventory, this active market won’t be slowing down soon.
*Data last updated May 2022
With over 300 sunny days per year, Colorado is a perfect destination for anyone who loves the outdoors.
In fact, the Centennial State offers more than 17,000 trails for hiking and biking — not to mention the state's famous ski resorts.
For those who prefer city life, major cities including Denver and Colorado Springs offer plenty of restaurants, cultural events, and shopping.
If you're thinking of buying or selling in Colorado, these Colorado housing predictions and stats can help you make an informed decision.
Want to save money when you buy or sell your home? With Clever, you'll only pay 1% or $3K in listing fees. Eligible buyers get 0.5% cash back after closing. Find out how much you can save with Clever today!
Selling a home in Colorado
Colorado real estate market forecast for sellers
⏰ Homes are selling 1 days slower than the annual average
💰 Homes are selling for $9,999 more than the annual average
💸 Average listing commission: 2.730%
💸 Average buyer's commission: 2.79%
How to sell a home in Colorado
- The Best Low Commission Real Estate Brokers
- Top Real Estate Agents in Colorado (June 2021 Rankings)
- 8 Steps to Selling a House in Colorado
- How to Sell a House By Owner in Colorado (2021 Update)
- 5 Best Colorado Flat-Fee MLS Companies in 2021
- We Buy Houses for Cash Companies in Colorado (2021 Rankings)
Cost to sell a home in Colorado
- What's The Average Colorado Real Estate Commission In 2021?
- Colorado Seller Closing Costs in 2021: How Much Will You Pay?
- The Ultimate Guide to Colorado Real Estate Taxes
Buying a home in Colorado
How much home you can buy with $300,000 in...
🏠 Denver: 1,064 sq ft
🏡 Fort Collins: 1,141 sq ft
🏡 Colorado Springs: 1,345 sq ft
🏠 Boulder: 794 sq ft
- How to Save with a Home Buyer Rebate
- 8 Definitive Steps to Buying a House in Colorado
- The 5 Most Affordable Places to Live In Colorado
- The Best Time to Buy a House in Colorado
- The Ultimate Guide for Moving to Colorado
Investing in Colorado real estate
- Top 5 Best Real Estate Investment Markets in Colorado
- The Ultimate Guide to Flipping Houses in Colorado
- A Beginner's Guide to Buying an Apartment Building
Best of Colorado
💡 Did you know…
The Mile-High City has 11 brunch restaurants per capita, which is 57% more than the average American city. According to Google Trends, Denver residents also search for brunch-related terms 25% more than average.
» Hungry for more info? 🍳 Read our full study here: The Best Brunch Cities in America
Each month, we compare locations in Colorado based on different criteria. This month, we're looking at levels of happiness and ranking the best counties in the state.
Happiest Counties in Colorado
1. Summit County
2. Broomfield County
3. Douglas County
4. Eagle County
5. Jefferson County
Worst of Colorado
Each month, we compare locations in Colorado based on a different criteria. This month we're looking at levels of happiness data. These are the counties that ranked the worst in the state.
Least Happy Counties in Colorado
1. Crowley County
2. Bent County
3. Costilla County
4. Huerfano County
5. Otero County
- Colorado DORA Division of Real Estate
- Colorado's real estate license verification
- Colorado's real estate agent code of conduct
- Colorado's disclosure forms
- Transfer taxes in Colorado
- Home buying assistance programs in Colorado
Frequently asked questions about Colorado real estate
It is currently a seller’s market in Colorado. Sale prices are much higher than average, and properties don’t stay on the market for very long. However, the particular market trends of each city and town differ, so check in with a local real estate agent to get professional insight about your area.
Colorado is a good state to invest in real estate, especially in cities with a high demand for housing, like Denver and Colorado Springs. But if you want to maximize your investment, then you should first do some research on the best neighborhoods and devise a plan for the properties you will buy. Check out our guide to real estate investing to find out more.
For most, now is not an ideal time to buy a house in Colorado, as listing prices are high and options in the market are limited. However, mortgage rates in the state are currently a bit lower than average, so you can save money over time if you get a good rate. Working with a local real estate agent can help guide your decisions and point you to the best deals in the state.
Clever's analysis of state market trends is based on local data from Zillow, realtor.com, Redfin, Bankrate, the U.S. Census, and Clever surveys. Our team of over 20 real estate analysts from across the country research local markets and data to compile our "Best" and "Worst" rankings.