Alabama real estate trends (July 2021)
How is the real estate market in Alabama?
🏠 Average home value: $167,076
📈 1.15% home value increase month over month
💰 Median sale price: $243,000
⏳ 63 days on the market
🔑 Homes on the market: 7,879
📆 1.0 months of housing inventory
🏦 30-year mortgage rate: 3.10%
💵 Average income: $50,536
State of the market: B+
Listing prices are well above home values right now, suggesting that sellers are very optimistic about their sale prospects; with inventory quite low, they’re probably right. But when mortgage rates increase, much of this demand could evaporate.
*Data last updated July 2021
Alabama's population is growing as new residents choose the state as their home — and it's easy to understand why.
From the Appalachian foothills to the Gulf of Mexico, Alabama boasts 22 state parks that showcase the state's natural beauty. Residents enjoy mild winters and subtropical summers, with coastal breezes and plenty of sunny days.
The Yellowhammer State also has a rich history, from its capital in Montgomery to Birmingham — two cities that played crucial roles in the Civil Rights Movement.
If you're thinking of buying or selling in Alabama, these Alabama housing predictions and stats can help you make an informed decision.
Want to save money when you buy or sell your home? With Clever, you'll only pay 1% or $3K in listing fees. Eligible buyers get 0.5% cash back after closing. Find out how much you can save with Clever today!
Selling a home in Alabama
Alabama real estate market forecast for sellers
⏰ Homes are selling 24.5 days faster than the annual average
💰 Homes are selling for $11,512 more than the annual average
💸 Average listing commission: 2.83%
💸 Average buyer's commission: 2.77%
How to sell a home in Alabama
- The Best Low Commission Real Estate Brokers
- Top Real Estate Agents in Alabama (June 2021 Rankings)
- 8 Steps to Selling a House in Alabama
- How to Sell a House By Owner in Alabama
- 4 Best Alabama Flat-Fee MLS Companies in 2021
- We Buy Houses for Cash Companies in Alabama (2021 Rankings)
Cost to sell a home in Alabama
- What's The Average Alabama Real Estate Commission In 2021?
- The Ultimate Guide to Alabama Real Estate Taxes
Buying a home in Alabama
How much home you can buy with $300,000 in...
🏠 Birmingham: 2,222 sq ft
🏡 Mobile: 2,606 sq ft
🏡 Huntsville: 2,147 sq ft
🏠 Montgomery: 2,918 sq ft
- How to Save with a Home Buyer Rebate
- The 8 Definitive Steps to Buying a House in Alabama
- The Best Time to Buy a House in Alabama
- The Ultimate Guide for Moving to Alabama
Investing in Alabama real estate
- Top 5 Best Real Estate Investment Markets in Alabama
- The Ultimate Guide to Flipping Houses in Alabama
- A Beginner's Guide to Buying an Apartment Building
Best of Alabama
Each month, we compare cities in Alabama based on different criteria. This month, we're looking at affordability and ranking the best cities in the state.
Most Affordable Cities in Alabama
2. Florence-Muscle Shoals
Worst of Alabama
Each month, we compare cities in Alabama based on a different criteria. This month we're looking at affordability data. These are the cities that ranked the worst in the state.
Least Affordable Cities in Alabama
- Alabama Real Estate Commission
- Alabama's real estate license verification
- Alabama's real estate agent code of conduct
- Alabama's disclosure forms
- Transfer taxes in Alabama
- Home buying assistance programs in Alabama
Clever's analysis of state market trends is based on local data from Zillow, realtor.com, Redfin, S&P Global, the U.S. Census, and Clever surveys. Our team of over 20 real estate analysts from across the country research local markets and data to compile our "Best" and "Worst" rankings.