Maryland real estate trends (July 2021)
How is the real estate market in Maryland?
🏠 Average home value: $371,997
📈 1.39% home value increase month over month
💰 Median sale price: $366,000
⏳ 44 days on the market
🔑 Homes on the market: 8,139
📆 0.6 months of housing inventory
🏦 30-year mortgage rate: 2.81%
💵 Average income: $84,805
State of the market: B
Home values and listing prices are nearly identical in Maryland, which could indicate that sellers aren't confident where the market’s going in the next few months. However, the minuscule amount of inventory should prop up demand for the near future.
*Data last updated July 2021
Maryland is a small, coastal mid-Atlantic state — but residents know its unique culture has a lot to offer.
Boating, watersports, and crab feasts with plenty of Old Bay seasoning are all quintessential aspects of life in Maryland. The state's biggest city, Baltimore, is home to Brewer's Hill, an important setting for beer history including the origin of National Bohemian and the current home of Guinness's only stateside brewery.
Beyond Baltimore, Maryland's biggest cities encompass Ocean City's lively Boardwalk, Frederick's historic C&O Canal, Bethesda's posh neighborhoods, and more.
If you're thinking of buying or selling in Maryland, these Maryland housing predictions and stats can help you make an informed decision.
Want to save money when you buy or sell your home? With Clever, you'll only pay 1% or $3K in listing fees. Eligible buyers get 0.5% cash back after closing. Find out how much you can save with Clever today!
Selling a home in Maryland
Maryland real estate market forecast for sellers
⏰ Homes are selling 12 days faster than the annual average
💰 Homes are selling for $17,762 more than the annual average
💸 Average listing commission: 2.55%
💸 Average buyer's commission: 2.52%
How to sell a home in Maryland
- The Best Low Commission Real Estate Brokers
- Top Real Estate Agents in Maryland (June 2021 Rankings)
- 8 Steps to Selling a House in Maryland
- How to Sell a House By Owner in Maryland (2021 Update)
- 6 Best Maryland Flat-Fee MLS Companies in 2021
- 5 Maryland We Buy Houses for Cash Companies & Alternatives (2021 Rankings)
Cost to sell a home in Maryland
- What's The Average Maryland Real Estate Commission In 2021?
- Maryland Seller Closing Costs in 2021: How Much Will You Pay?
- The Ultimate Guide to Maryland Real Estate Taxes
Buying a home in Maryland
How much home you can buy with $300,000 in...
🏠 Baltimore: 1,592 sq ft
🏡 Hagerstown: 2,085 sq ft
🏡 Salisbury: 1,487 sq ft
🏠 California: 1,756 sq ft
- How to Save with a Home Buyer Rebate
- 8 Definitive Steps to Buying a House in Maryland
- The 5 Most Affordable Places to Live In Maryland
- The Best Time to Buy a House in Maryland
- Rent vs Buy in Maryland: Which Is Right for You? | Clever Real Estate
- The Ultimate Guide for Moving to Maryland
Investing in Maryland real estate
- Top 5 Best Real Estate Investment Markets in Maryland
- How to Buy a Foreclosed Home in Maryland: An In-Depth Guide
- The Ultimate Guide to Flipping Houses in Maryland
- A Beginner's Guide to Buying an Apartment Building
Best of Maryland
Each month, we compare cities in Maryland based on different criteria. This month, we're looking at affordability and ranking the best cities in the state.
Most Affordable Cities in Maryland
3. California-Lexington Park
Worst of Maryland
Each month, we compare cities in Maryland based on a different criteria. This month we're looking at affordability data. These are the cities that ranked the worst in the state.
Least Affordable Cities in Maryland
- Maryland Real Estate Commission
- Maryland's real estate license verification
- Maryland's real estate agent code of conduct
- Maryland's disclosure forms
- Transfer taxes in Maryland
- Home buying assistance programs in Maryland
Clever's analysis of state market trends is based on local data from Zillow, realtor.com, Redfin, S&P Global, the U.S. Census, and Clever surveys. Our team of over 20 real estate analysts from across the country research local markets and data to compile our "Best" and "Worst" rankings.