Updated February 17, 2020
- In 2020, the average time it takes to sell a home in Arkansas — from listing through closing — is approximately 107 days. That’s 72 days to get an offer, plus the typical 35-day closing period.
- Key factors that impact Arkansas home sale timelines include local market conditions (e.g., buyer demand, job market, rising home values, etc.), time of year, and your property’s type and condition.
- Your agent’s listing strategy (pricing, marketing, networking, etc.) and the buyer’s financing situation — i.e., the amount of time it takes for them to secure loan approval — will also influence how long your sale ultimately takes.
Read on to learn more about how long it takes to sell a house in Arkansas — and get some pro tips on how to speed up your sale, get better offers, and save thousands in the process.
What’s the average time to sell a house in Arkansas?
|Average Time to Sell*||Average Price**|
*Redfin Data Center (average of median days on market in 2019)
**Redfin Data Center (average of median price in 2019)
The average time it takes to sell a house in Arkansas in 2020 is 107 days — 72 days to get an offer and an additional 35 days to close. This is approximately 33.75% slower than the national average. Keep in mind that these are annual averages and the numbers will vary by month and/or season.
Best time to sell a house in Arkansas
In addition to the average days on market and list price data, we’ve compiled data on the BEST (and worst) time to sell your Arkansas house based on what’s most important to you:
- Fastest Time to Sell: When should you list your home if you’re looking to sell quickly?
- Highest Sale Price: What month should you list in to get the best possible price for your home?
Best month to sell a house fast in Arkansas
|Month*||Days on Market*|
|Best Month||September||62 days|
|Worst Month||February||103 days|
*Redfin Data Center (median days on market by month in 2019)
The best month to sell a house fast in Arkansas is September. The median time it takes for Arkansas homes listed in September to get an offer is 62 days, which is 10 days faster than the annual average.
Best month to sell a house in Arkansas for price
*Redfin Data Center (median sale price by month in 2019)
The best month to sell a house in Arkansas in terms of sale price is June. The median sale price in June is $163,000, which is 4.82% — or $7,500 — more than the annual average.
5 tips to get your Arkansas home sold
1. Price your home competitively.
This is the most important step. Pricing your home can make or break the time it spends on the market and the amount you earn from the sale. Nothing can kill the home sale like an overpriced, inflated number. Part of your Clever Partner Agent’s service includes a competitive market analysis (CMA) that will help you understand the true value of your home and price it well.
2. Stay current with technology.
In today’s climate, almost everything is done online. Shopping for homes is no exception. Have professional photos of your home taken and make sure the listing is well-written and attractive.
3. Perform small repairs.
Replacing the carpets, adding new paint, and landscaping the yard make the home feel new, without breaking the bank. Buyers will get to see a home without your personal imprint on it.
4. Have a flexible schedule.
Accommodating house tours, last minute inquiries, or chance drop ins can help your home sell faster. The more people you get into your home the better when it comes to getting that bad boy sold.
5. Work with a professional.
An experienced realtor will steer the ship, guiding you through the entire home selling process. A Partner Agent helps during each facet of your home sale, including listing, marketing, touring, and closing.
Next steps for Arkansas home sellers
If you’re looking to sell your home fast in Arkansas and get a great price, Clever can help.
Clever negotiates reduced rates with top-rated real estate agents throughout Arkansas. Get full service and support for a flat $3,000 listing fee — or just 1% if your home sells for more than $350,000. You’ll still have to offer a buyer’s agent commission, per the standard rate in your area (typically 2.5-3%), but overall, you’ll still save up to 50% on standard commission fees.
Importantly, home sellers who list with Clever get their first qualified offer in an average of 13 days* — that’s 59 days faster than the average time to offer in Arkansas.
*Average time to offer for Clever home sellers in 2019.