Alaska real estate trends (July 2021)
How is the real estate market in Alaska?
🏠 Average home value: $313,969
📈 0.46% home value increase month over month
💰 Median sale price: $327,000
⏳ 68 days on the market
🔑 Homes on the market: 1,466
📆 11.7 months of housing inventory
🏦 30-year mortgage rate: 3.00%
💵 Average income: $77,640
State of the market: B-
Alaska home prices are higher than the national average, and appreciating steadily, so buyers are snatching up good properties quickly. However, with a huge amount of housing inventory, Alaska’s market isn't as hot as it seems.
*Data last updated July 2021
Alaska's name comes from an Aleut word that translates to "great land" — a fitting name for its stunning landscape.
From the state capital in Juneau to the northern coastline, Alaska's residents experience everything from temperate rainforests to stunning snow capped peaks. The biggest state in the union, Alaska spans more than 586,000 square miles (though nearly 85% are affected by Arctic permafrost).
Though it has a reputation for freezing temperatures, Alaska actually offers sunny summer months with long hours of daylight.
If you're thinking of buying or selling in Alaska, these Alaska housing predictions and stats can help you make an informed decision.
Want to save money when you buy or sell your home? With Clever, you'll only pay 1% or $3K in listing fees. Eligible buyers get 0.5% cash back after closing. Find out how much you can save with Clever today!
Selling a home in Alaska
Alaska real estate market forecast for sellers
⏰ Homes are selling 37 days faster than the annual average
💰 Homes are selling for $21,658 more than the annual average
💸 Average listing commission: 2.63%
💸 Average buyer's commission: 2.63%
How to sell a home in Alaska
- The Best Low Commission Real Estate Brokers
- Top Real Estate Agents in Alaska (June 2021 Rankings)
- How to Sell a House By Owner in Alaska (2021 Update)
- 5 Best Alaska Flat-Fee MLS Companies | Clever Real Estate
- We Buy Houses for Cash Companies in Alaska (2021 Rankings)
- What's The Average Alaska Real Estate Commission In 2021?
Cost to sell a home in Alaska
Buying a home in Alaska
How much home you can buy with $300,000 in...
🏠 Anchorage: 1,503 sq ft
🏡 Juneau: 1,156 sq ft
🏡 Fairbanks: 1,870 sq ft
🏠 Ketchikan: 1,470 sq ft
- How to Save with a Home Buyer Rebate
- 8 Definitive Steps to Buying a House in Alaska
- The Best Places to Live in Alaska: An In-Depth Guide
- The Best Time to Buy a House in Alaska
- The Ultimate Guide for Moving to Alaska
Investing in Alaska real estate
- Top 5 Best Real Estate Investment Markets in Alaska
- A Beginner's Guide to Buying an Apartment Building
Best of Alaska
Each month, we compare cities in Alaska based on different criteria. This month, we're looking at affordability and ranking the best cities in the state.
Most Affordable Cities in Alaska
Worst of Alaska
Each month, we compare cities in Alaska based on a different criteria. This month we're looking at affordability data. These are the cities that ranked the worst in the state.
Least Affordable Cities in Alaska
- State of Alaska Real Estate Commission
- Alaska's real estate license verification
- Alaska's real estate agent code of conduct
- Alaska's disclosure forms
- Transfer taxes in Alaska
- Home buying assistance programs in Alaska
Clever's analysis of state market trends is based on local data from Zillow, realtor.com, Redfin, S&P Global, the U.S. Census, and Clever surveys. Our team of over 20 real estate analysts from across the country research local markets and data to compile our "Best" and "Worst" rankings.