If you’re selling a house in San Antonio that's in poor condition or has other complications, or you need to sell your house fast, consider a cash home buyer. Many companies that buy houses for cash in San Antonio will purchase any home and can usually close sales much faster than San Antonio home buyers who need a home loan.
Our team evaluated more than 50 active cash home buyers serving San Antonio. We examined each company's key factors, including its credibility signals, customer reviews, and activity level. Our guide will help you choose a cash buyer to get the best outcome on your sale.
Why you should trust us
We want to help you find legitimate cash home buyers and get the best deal based on your needs. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission, but this doesn’t influence our rankings or advice. Learn how we researched and ranked these companies that buy houses for cash.
What you should know about cash home buyers
- Cash home buyers can be useful if you have a complicated home sale, you want to sell your house fast, you've inherited a house, or you have goals that would be difficult to achieve selling with a real estate agent on the open market. Your options, offer prices, and closing speed will depend on your situation.
- You may need to contact numerous cash buyers to get workable offers. Cash buyers are investors with varying budgets, goals, and constraints. Some will pay cash for almost any home under any circumstance at any time. Others specialize in locations, price ranges, property types, or situations.
- Cash offers will be unique to your home. How much we buy houses for cash companies will pay — and how fast they can close — depends on the home and situation. Investors can pay more for turnkey properties than those in need of major repairs.
- The selling process is condensed. Some companies that buy houses for cash can close deals within 2–3 days. However, San Antonio houses with complicated legal issues could take months to close.
- Most cash home buyers pay closing costs. You won't have to pay any unexpected fees on your closing date. Companies that buy houses for cash usually factor the seller's closing costs into their offer.
- Requesting a cash offer is always free, and there’s zero obligation to accept it. You may not get the fair market value many sellers get using a real estate agent. But you decide if you're offered a fair price and if the terms are acceptable based on your situation. If you feel pressured to accept an offer, walk away. If you suspect a scam or financial exploitation, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau recommends you report it to the Federal Trade Commission and take these additional steps.
How to choose a cash home buyer and get good offers
- Make sure the cash buyer is legit. Stick to buyers with credible websites that include owner information and video testimonials from real customers. Look for a solid number of legitimate positive customer reviews on established, external platforms like Google or Yelp. Also, look for companies with Better Business Bureau (BBB) profiles accredited with A+ ratings.
- Verify the buyer has the funds. Ask the buyer for an official proof of funds (POF) letter from their bank. Experienced and legitimate cash home buyers will expect this question or provide the POF without you even asking. The cash buyer should also provide a sufficient earnest money deposit (usually 1–2% of the sale price) when you go under contract, which represents their commitment to the sale.
- Get multiple cash offers. Just like when getting quotes from contractors or shopping for the best mortgage rates, getting several offers from legit we buy houses for cash companies to compare and choose from will help you get the best terms and outcome.
Top cash home buyers in San Antonio, Texas
Clever OffersRead more
Our take: Clever Offers is our top pick for most people in San Antonio because it makes getting and comparing multiple cash offers fast, easy, and safe.
What we like: Clever Offers taps you into a wide pool of vetted cash buyers in San Antonio who can buy your house fast, saving you from hours of overwhelming research. Compare and choose from up to 10 buyers. This competition among buyers can drive up cash offer prices. Clever Real Estate, an established, highly rated nationwide brand, backs the service. Clever Offers also handles communications between sellers and multiple buyers.
You should also know: Cash offers aren’t always the best or only option. Clever can bring you other solutions, like creative financing or sale-leasebacks, that might deliver a better fit or value. Clever can also match you with a top local real estate agent for a free home valuation so you can compare the cash offers with an open market sale. Seeing all your options helps you make an informed decision and come away with the best possible outcome.
Phone: (833) 225-3837
Address: 6358 Delmar Blvd., Suite 300, University City, MO 63130-4769
We Buy ALL Houses San AntonioRead more
Our take: We Buy ALL Houses San Antonio is among our top picks for cash home buyers in the San Antonio area due to its excellent customer satisfaction record.
What we like: This cash buyer earned exemplary Google review scores, which should reassure potential sellers about the company's ability to deliver a positive experience.
You should also know: The BBB-accredited business ranks among the most credible and transparent San Antonio cash home buyers, with the names and photos of team members displayed on its website. However, its activity levels fall short of some competitors in the area. We found just one customer review on Google in the last 180 days.
Phone: (210) 300-3307
Address: 9402 Greens Point, San Antonio, TX 78250
Sell My San Antonio HouseRead more
Our take: Sell My San Antonio House beats out most other cash home buyers in San Antonio in terms of credibility and customer satisfaction.
What we like: Sell My San Antonio House earned top customer reviews on BBB and Google. It received many of those reviews in the last six months, which shows the company is active in the San Antonio market.
You should also know: Sell My San Antonio House's website displays strong credibility signals. It's a BBB-accredited business and boasts an A+ rating with the organization. The company responds quickly to its online reviews.
Phone: (210) 201-6644
Address: 15610 Henderson Pass #700436, San Antonio, TX 78232
Alamo City HousebuyerRead more
Our take: Alamo City Housebuyer is a reputable cash home buyer with a solid track record in the San Antonio market.
What we like: Alamo City received high customer satisfaction ratings on both BBB and Google. The company is also accredited by BBB and has an A+ rating.
You should also know: Alamo City Housebuyer's activity levels aren't great. The company received few online reviews in the last 180 days, and it appears to be much less active in the market than other San Antonio cash home buyers.
Phone: (210) 853-2446
Address: 13423 Blanco Rd. #193, San Antonio, TX 78216
Capstone HomebuyersRead more
Our take: Capstone Homebuyers is a solid, local choice with great online ratings.
What we like: Capstone boasts top scores in customer satisfaction from both Google and BBB reviews. Potential sellers can expect reliable and thorough service.
You should also know: The company's activity levels in the last six months are lower than those of its competitors. However, Capstone's quick response times and lack of BBB complaints boost the company's credibility.
Phone: (210) 793-4448
Address: 24165 IH 10 W Suite 217-252, San Antonio, TX 78257
River Walk Home BuyersRead more
Our take: River Walk Home Buyers is a formidable choice in San Antonio for cash home buying.
What we like: River Walk Home Buyers earned good reviews on Google and with the BBB. These reviews reflect positively on the company's customer service and overall satisfaction. The BBB-accredited business has received no BBB complaints.
You should also know: Though River Walk earned high customer satisfaction scores, its activity in the last 180 days is sparse. While this isn't a negative per se, it suggests that the company is less active than its competitors.
Phone: (210) 750-3335
Address: 205 Sadie St., San Antonio, TX 78210
Other companies that buy houses for cash in San Antonio
Texas All Cash Home Buyers has good customer ratings and a solid number of total reviews, including many recent Google reviews. It's also BBB accredited and has an A+ rating. But the company doesn't respond to its reviews, and its website lacks the credibility signals we look for in a cash home buyer. These factors aren't deal breakers, but they're enough to keep Texas All Cash Home Buyers off our main list for now.
Watters International Realty has an impressive Google review score and a good activity record, but we withheld it from our list mainly due to its lack of credibility signals. It's not accredited by the BBB, and it's missing some information we like to see on a company's website. Potential customers should seek additional information before working with this company.
House Buyer San Antonio earned a good customer satisfaction score based on its online reviews and is BBB accredited, but it doesn't appear to be as active in the market as many of its competitors. We found only one review in the past six months.
Offerpad San Antonio has BBB accreditation but customers have lodged many complaints. Its activity and credibility scores are also lower than its competitors in the market, which kept the company off our top list.
Next steps: Start getting cash offers!
Compare offers from top cash buyers to the sale price you'd get with an agent.
Related articles and resources
Closing Costs for Sellers in Texas: Learn what it costs to sell a house in Texas, including tips on how to save on your sale.
How to Sell a House By Owner in Texas: Read this guide to decide if selling without a realtor in Texas is a good idea for you.
Selling a House As-Is: What You Need to Know: We share the main factors that affect how much you may gain (or lose) when you sell as-is.
8 Steps to Selling a House in Texas: Are you ready to sell your San Antonio home but need help understanding the process? Read our guide on selling a home in Texas (with or without a realtor).
11 Best Companies That Buy Houses for Cash: Our team spent hundreds of hours researching we buy houses companies and iBuyers. Many of these companies have local franchises throughout the nation.
Why trust us
Our research team evaluated 55 cash home buyers serving San Antonio. It also compiled and analyzed 24,272 publicly available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, and more to evaluate each of the San Antonio home buyers and create our final list and rankings.
Our team used public business directories to identify every company in the San Antonio area calling itself a cash home buyer. We filtered that list and ranked the top options based on the following criteria:
- Credibility: Is the company a legitimate and safe option? Before we recommend any company, we assess its owners and/or team members, customer testimonial videos, Better Business Bureau status, total Google reviews, and the legitimacy of those reviews.
- Activity: Is the company actively buying a large number of homes? We examine how many reviews the company has had in the last six months and whether the company responds to its reviews.
- Satisfaction: Are sellers generally happy with their experience and outcome? We gauge how compassionate, helpful, fair, and reliable a cash home buyer is by evaluating its Google reviews for average rating, total reviews, and negative reviews.
Our team also highlighted the company's availability based on where it operates.
- Local: Operates in the San Antonio metro area
- Statewide: Operates throughout Texas
- Multi-state: Operates throughout Texas and at least one other state
- Nationwide: Operates in all states
✍️ Editor’s note: We don't disqualify a company for limited or missing data, but we do lower the company’s ranking. We base our rankings on objective measurements and can only measure what we see. We regularly search for missing data to update our rankings accordingly.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a commission. But this doesn't influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Clever Real Estate.
Clever Real Estate's content team created parts of this page with the assistance of an AI tool. Our team of humans researched the companies, collected and analyzed the data, and ranked the companies, then used AI to assist in writing about the companies. Our team fact-checked and edited the text, as it does for all of our content.