In a rapidly changing and volatile market, having a savvy real estate agent is more important than ever. The best realtors in Baltimore can help you navigate tough markets and negotiate in your favor whether you're buying or selling.
But how do you begin your search for the right realtor — especially when there are over 1,800 active agents in Baltimore? We analyzed 170 agents and curated the top 25. Learn how we narrowed down our top picks.
All of the agents here are highly rated, but if you'd like a more personalized recommendation, Clever Real Estate can help. Our full-service realtors work for well-known brokerages like Century 21 and Keller Williams and offer in-depth local expertise for both buyers and sellers.
Best of all, our service is free — no strings attached! Want to see how it works? Submit your info now to get your agent matches sent straight to your inbox.
Top agents in Baltimore, MD for buyers
When selecting the best buyer's agents, we looked for:
- Frequency with which they worked in the area recently, to understand familiarity
- Consistent discounts off the list price when representing buyers
- Positive reviews that indicated a willingness to give you the time and space to make a decision
Top agents in Baltimore, MD for sellers
When selecting the best listing agents, we looked for:
- Consistent professional photography and well-written listing descriptions
- An ability to get top dollar for properties and low discounts accepted by sellers
- Reviews that indicated their willingness to go the extra mile for transactions
Listing agents in Baltimore — including the ones above — usually charge around 2–3% of your home sale price for their services. However, you can get an expert, full-service agent for just 1.5% when you work with Clever Real Estate. We pre-negotiate low commission rates with top agents in the area so you can save thousands on your transaction.
Find out how much you can save by using a Clever agent!
Top agents in Baltimore, MD for upsizing
When selecting an agent that can help with buying and selling we considered:
- History of handling multiple transactions for a client
- Record of negotiating good deals for buyers and sellers
- Specialization in a particular area and price range
Top agents in Baltimore, MD for investing
When choosing the best agent to help you invest, we considered:
- Experience working with other investors
- Knowledge of the local market and any opportunities
- Reviews that indicated the agent had many connections in the real estate industry
Most experienced real estate agents in Baltimore
Choose an experienced agent if you:
- Expect a complex transaction
- Need to buy or sell multiple properties
- Want access to references (like contractors)
Years of Experience
Highest rated real estate agents in Baltimore
Pick a highly reviewed agent in your area if you:
- Worry about going through the real estate process
- Want to receive exceptional personal service
- Are buying or selling a home for the first time
Number of Reviews
Agents in Baltimore with the highest transaction volume
Your best choice is an agent with the most sales if you:
- Have a very unique property
- Want a large track record to evaluate their performance
- Need advice on the local market
Number of Transactions
A high number of transactions is a good sign, but it may also indicate that an agent has too many clients to give you their full attention. If you want an agent who's dedicated to helping you find your dream home today, Clever Real Estate can help.
Plus, eligible buyers who use a Clever partner agent could earn cash back when they buy a home!
Get hand-matched with a buyer's agent now!
Top multilingual real estate agents in Baltimore
Each of the agents or teams listed below offer services in multiple languages. We recommend asking to speak to someone in your native language and discussing your individual needs before making a selection.
English, Spanish, German, Korean, Italian
The best real estate agents have a few things in common. They are all experienced, receive frequent positive reviews, get their clients consistent results, and usually specialize in an area, price point, or type of client.
The factors we consider when evaluating the top realtors in Baltimore include:
- Experience: The number of years an agent has worked and the number of transactions they’ve completed in that time
- Reviews: How consistently and frequently the agent receives positive reviews
- Results: How frequently an agent’s skill set benefits their clients
- Specialization: The degree to which an agent works within a specific price range, area, or with buyers, sellers, or investors
Why trust us?
Clever Real Estate is a free agent-matching service that has helped more than 82,000 people buy and sell homes. We partner with over 2,700 top-performing agents nationwide at national brokers including Keller Williams, RE/MAX, Century 21, and more. We also offer eligible buyers cash back after closing.
We’ve earned buyers’ trust with a rating of 4.9 out of 5 starts on Trustpilot and over 1,800 customer reviews.
Our team of industry-leading researchers are committed to making homeownership more accessible by educating buyers through guides like this one. We've spent thousands of hours analyzing publicly available data, surveying consumers, and interviewing industry experts. Our research has been featured in The New York Times, Business Insider, Inman, Housing Wire, and many more.
Frequently asked questions
In Maryland, the combined average commission rate for the buyer's and seller's agent is 5.3%. That's less than the national average of 5.5%. Clever's average commission rate is lower than both of these at 3.6%. Learn more about the average commission rates in Maryland so you can find the best ways to save.
For sellers, a good real estate agent will get you the best possible price, provide top-notch suggestions for contractors and service providers, and even help you close faster. For buyers, they offer local market expertise, insider access to up-and-coming lists, and negotiation skills that can score you a good deal. Learn how to find a great agent to be on your team.