How can you sell a house FSBO?
If you decide to sell a house for sale by owner, you will need to first and foremost do your research on how the real estate industry works. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Studying the economy and the cyclicity of real estate
- How to price homes at a local level
- How the mortgage process works
- Why most buyers will work with real estate agents
- How to list your home
- Strategies for marketing your property
- How to negotiate the sale of your home
- What to look for in the legal paperwork
In addition to understanding the ins-and-outs of the home selling process, FSBO sellers should also sharpen the skills a real estate agent uses on a daily basis. This includes being responsive, communicating effectively, negotiating, and what to look for in legal documents.