When you need to sell your house fast or can't afford massive repairs, selling to a We Buy Houses for Cash company may be your only option. In Philadelphia, it can take 87.5 days to sell your home with a traditional agent. Compare that to a cash buyer that can complete the transaction in one to two weeks, with no out-of-pocket expenses.
Top Philadelphia We Buy Houses companies reviews
We Buy Houses companies and other cash buyers allow you to sell your home fast — sometimes in a week or less. We've pulled together some of your best options in Pennsylvania, but we recommend using Clever Offers if you want to get the most value for your home.
With Clever Offers, a local agent can shop for cash offers from the top We Buy Houses companies in Philadelphia on your behalf. You'll also get a professional home valuation so you know what your home is REALLY worth. Your agent can negotiate to get you a fair deal, or list your home on the open market if you want a higher sale price.
✍️ Editor’s note
These businesses make few public disclosures, so it can be difficult to find information. We recommend contacting multiple companies for terms and offers on your property to get the best deal.
Time To Offer
Minimum Time To Sell
Philly Home Investor is a local property investor that buys homes for cash in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania metro area. To sell your home to Philly Home Investor, you can:
- Submit an online form, giving details about your property
- Schedule a meeting for a representative to see your home
- Receive a no-obligation offer
- Choose a closing date and sell your home
For more information, including specific areas of operation, terms of service, and other details, we recommend reaching out to the company directly.
Philly Home Investor buys homes in and around Philadelphia and throughout Bucks and Montgomery counties.
Time to Offer
Time to Sale
Personal Property Managers is a regional New Jersey and Pennsylvania property management and investment company that buys homes for cash in select areas within the region. To sell your home to Personal Property Managers, you would:
- Contact the company directly by phone or through their online form to schedule an in-person appointment
- Host a home appraisal with a company representative, culminating in a cash offer
- Choose the closing date on your own terms - whenever best fits your schedule
Personal Property Managers operates within New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Check their website or contact them directly for a specific list of locations.
As of May 2021, Personal Property Managers has an average rating of 5/5 based on 6 customer reviews.
- Yelp: 5/5 (6 reviews)
Time to Offer
Time to Sale
Express Homebuyers is a national service that has partnered with local investors across the country to buy houses for cash.
Steps to sell with Express Homebuyers:
- Submit your home's information to receive an initial "as is" offer
- Meet with the local investor to assess your property and answer any questions
- Discuss the local investor's final cash offer and, if you're willing to sell, sign a sales agreement then and there
- Choose a closing day on your schedule
- Show up on the day of the sale to sign the paperwork and receive cash within hours
Express Homebuyers has partnered with local investors in the following states:
Time to Offer
Minimum Closing Time
No cost for seller
We Buy Ugly Houses has a better reputation than most individual cash buyers, but the home seller's experience can vary based on the quality of their local franchise. While We Buy Ugly House can close in as little as three weeks, it's common knowledge that they pay far less than fair market value.
- Trusted, nationally recognized brand.
- No need to worry about repairs.
- Close in just three weeks.
- Quality of service may vary between franchises.
- Pays far less than fair market value.
We Buy Ugly Houses has over 800 independently owned and operated franchises across 46 states.
As of April 26, 2021, We Buy Ugly Houses's parent company, Homevestors, has an A+ rating on the Better Business Bureau. No other third-party reviews are available at this time.
This rating is based on overall national data. Research local franchises for specific reviews that reflect their quality of service.
- Website: https://www.webuyuglyhouses.com/
- Phone Number: 866-200-6475
Time to Offer
Time to Sale
Fast Home Offer is a national service that has partnered with local investors across the country to buy houses for cash.
Steps to sell with Fast Home Offer:
- Submit a form on Fast Home Offer's website, and a local investor will contact you to gather more information about your home
- It's possible that a cash offer can be made on the phone, but if not, schedule a visit for the investor to view the property. After the property is evaluated, the investor may present an offer
- Once an offer is accepted, a closing date can be set within 7-14 days, depending on your individual situation
Fast Home Offer has partnered with local investors in the following states:
As of May 2021, Fast Home Offer has an A+ rating on the Better Business Bureau.
How We Buy Houses Companies work
Traditional Listing Process
We Buy Houses for Cash Process
Prepping the House
1 to 8 weeks
Time to Offer
Minimum Time to Sell
*Days on market based on Realtor.com metro-level data
**Assuming you can find a buyer who will buy your home as-is allowing you to avoid spending time on repairs.
To buy homes quickly and make a profit, most We Buy Houses for Cash companies in Philadelphia use the same process:
- A homeowner submits information about their property, and the cash buyer decides if the home fits their criteria for a profitable investment. If the house fits the investor's criteria, they may give the seller a rough estimate of what they'll pay.
- A representative from the company will evaluate the property and, based on the repair costs and resale value, they'll make a cash offer.
- If the seller accepts, closing happens quickly; there's no need for inspections, appraisals, or financing approval.
- The Philadelphia We Buy Houses for Cash company makes repairs and sells it, earning a substantial profit.
Compare this speedy process with the traditional home selling process:
- If your home needs extensive repairs, it can take months (and tens of thousands of dollars) to complete.
- In Philadelphia, a home typically spends 42.5 days on the market before the seller receives an offer.
- The closing process can take an additional 30-45 days if the buyer applies for a traditional mortgage. You'll have to deal with appraisals, inspections, and further negotiations with the buyer.
- If financing is denied, or another issue occurs with the buyer, the house has to go back on the market and the cycle starts again.
Philadelphia We Buy Houses companies pros and cons
We Buy Houses for Cash companies are an extremely beneficial option for certain sellers like:
- Homeowners facing foreclosure
- People who've inherited unwanted property
- Homeowners who can't afford extensive repairs
- Homeowners who need to sell fast, due to divorce or other issues
Pros of using We Buy Houses companies
- Cash offers mean speed and certainty: The longest portion of the home selling process involves buyer financing. Cash buyers don't need to go through this lengthy process, though, since they have access to immediate capital.
- No need for repairs: These companies make lower offers to account for repair costs. This solves the difficult problem of finding a buyer if you’re selling as-ison the open market.
- Lower costs: Selling a house is expensive. There are associated costs like concessions, carrying costs, and commissions that reduce a seller's profits. We Buy Houses companies allow sellers to avoid those costs.
💰 Homeowners can usually avoid these expenses by selling to a cash buyer:
We Buy Houses for Cash Company
$64 per day
$64 per day
Cons of using We Buy Houses companies
- Take-it-or-leave-it offers: There is no negotiating with We Buy Houses for Cash companies. Their representatives evaluate your home and necessary repairs to arrive at a price. If you disagree, your only option is to walk away.
- Predatory tactics: Often, homeowners who consider using these companies are facing difficult life situations. Some "opportunity investors" take advantage of these situations and pressure sellers to accept low offers.
- Lower offers: Even by avoiding other selling costs, selling to a We Buy Houses company still leads to a lower take-home amount because their offers are never more than 70% of after-repair value (ARV).
Consider an example where the home needs 10% of its ARV in repairs. If you sold to a cash buyer, they would deduct that from their offer. If you sold with an agent you could cover that 10% in a variety of ways (by offering lower price, repair credits, etc.).
Selling to a We Buy Houses Company
Selling with a Traditional Realtor
Max Take Home
*Compared to fair market value
Alternatives to We Buy Houses companies in Philadelphia
We Buy Houses for cash companies are never your only option. It's important to weigh all important factors (like time to sell, take-home amount, and convenience) before making a decision.
Let's look at a breakdown of how much a seller in Philadelphia could walk away with through three different options: selling to a cash buyer, selling with a traditional realtor, and selling with a discount real estate company like Clever.
We'll use the median listing price in Philadelphia, which is $321,000, and relevant selling cost rates (closing costs, repair costs/credits, carrying costs, etc.)
Philadelphia home selling cost breakdown
We Buy Houses
Clever Real Estate
*Based on data from realtor.com
☨Based on the 70% rule and assuming the house needs 10% of its ARV in repairs
^Based on HomeAdvisor nationaal average
**Based on the average time it takes for homes listed with Clever to receive an offer 24.1 days and a 30-day closing process
As you can clearly see in the table above, We Buy Houses companies help people quickly sell their homes. However, your other options are much better in the long run, so if you have time, using a We Buy Houses company is almost never the best option.
Frequently asked questions about Philadelphia We Buy Houses companies
How much will We Buy Houses for Cash companies pay in Philadelphia?
As real estate investors, cash buyer companies need a buffer that increases their chances of a profit. This is where the 70% rule comes in.
Essentially, the 70% rule says a cash buyer shouldn't pay more than 70% of the property's After Repair Value (ARV) — what they hope to sell the house for in a fair market — minus repairs. This gives them some wiggle room if the house's condition is worse than suspected or it takes longer to resell the home.
Are We Buy Houses for Cash companies scams?
Most cash buyers are legitimate companies that have been buying homes in their communities for years. But there are bad apples.
Don't be taken advantage of.
Make sure the offer you receive is legitimate and worth your consideration:
- Never sign a contract without reading it or when you feel pressured to do so.
- Check online reviews of the company. Note that many of these companies have similar names, so double-check that you're looking at the right one.