Best 'we buy houses' companies in Philadelphia | What are 'we buy houses' companies? | How do they work | Alternatives | FAQ
If you're looking for the fastest way to sell a home, "we buy houses" companies in Philadelphia are a good option. Also known as "we buy ugly houses" companies or cash home buyers, these companies can provide a cash offer in only a day and close in just a matter of days or weeks, with no closing costs. But they typically pay only 70% of the fair market value for the home.
We chose Philly Home Investor as the best "we buy houses" company in Philadelphia for its solid reviews and local buyer status. The company buys homes throughout Southeastern Pennsylvania. Request offers from several companies below before making a final decision.
Top 'we buy houses' companies in Philadelphia
- Philly Home Investor: Local buyer with good reviews
- Personal Property Managers: Online offer requests
- Express Homebuyers: Near-instant offers
- We Buy Ugly Houses: National brand, local investors
- Fast Home Offer: Nationwide brand
If you have a Philadelphia house in good condition, you’ll likely earn more by selling with a real estate agent. It'll take a bit longer to sell, but the extra money could be worth the wait. Whatever you choose, explore all of your options first.
To easily compare your options, try Clever Offers. With Clever Offers, a local agent shops for cash offers from the top "we buy houses" companies in Philadelphia on your behalf. You also get a professional home valuation so you know what your home is REALLY worth. Your agent can help you compare cash offers, negotiate to get a fair price, or list your home on the open market if you want more money.
Best companies that buy houses for cash in Philadelphia
To find the best cash home buyers in Philadelphia, we compared offer times, closing date windows, local market knowledge, and company reputation according to customer reviews.
Here's our advice for working with "we buy houses" companies:
- Contact multiple companies to compare offers
- Read contracts carefully
- Don’t pay for anything up front
- If you don't think an offer is fair, walk away
Time To Offer
Time to Sale
Philly Home Investor is a local investor with a wide buying area throughout Southeastern Pennsylvania.
Philly Home Investor is a local property investor that buys homes for cash in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania metro area. To sell your home to Philly Home Investor, you can:
- Submit an online form, giving details about your property
- Schedule a meeting for a representative to see your home
- Receive a no-obligation offer
- Choose a closing date and sell your home
For more information, including specific areas of operation, terms of service, and other details, we recommend reaching out to the company directly.
Philly Home Investor buys homes in and around Philadelphia, Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, Schuylkill County, and parts of New Jersey.
Philly Home Investor received an average of 4.7 stars from 97 customer reviews.
Google: 4.8 stars/61 reviews
Facebook: 5 stars/33 reviews
Yelp: 4.5 stars/3 reviews
Time to Offer
Time to Sale
Personal Property Managers uses its regional knowledge to make offers on homes in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. It's in tune with the local market conditions, so it's a good option for an offer.
Personal Property Managers is a regional New Jersey and Pennsylvania property management and investment company that buys homes for cash in select areas within the region. To sell your home to Personal Property Managers, you would:
- Contact the company directly by phone or through their online form to schedule an in-person appointment
- Host a home appraisal with a company representative, culminating in a cash offer
- Choose the closing date on your own terms - whenever best fits your schedule
Personal Property Managers operates within New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Check their website or contact them directly for a specific list of locations.
Personal Property Managers received an average of 4.6 stars from 29 customer reviews.
Google: 4.8 stars/22 reviews
Yelp: 4.5 stars/7 reviews
Time to Offer
Time to Sale
Express Homebuyers is really fast: it provides offers in just minutes and can close in just a week in many circumstances. Plus, the company has mostly positive reviews on Google.
Express Homebuyers is a national service that has partnered with local investors across the country to buy houses for cash.
Steps to sell with Express Homebuyers:
- Submit your home's information to receive an initial "as is" offer
- Meet with the local investor to assess your property and answer any questions
- Discuss the local investor's final cash offer and, if you're willing to sell, sign a sales agreement then and there
- Choose a closing day on your schedule
- Show up on the day of the sale to sign the paperwork and receive cash within hours
Express Homebuyers has partnered with local investors in the following states:
Express Home Buyers received an average of 3.7 stars from 261 customer reviews. It's accredited by the Better Business Bureau, and it has a B+ rating.
Google: 4.2 stars/122 reviews
Facebook: 4.6 stars/113 reviews
Yelp: 2.5 stars/26 reviews
Time to offer
Time to sale
We Buy Ugly Houses is a nationally recognized brand with a solid reputation. The company has over 800 franchises across the U.S., so be sure to check reviews for the individual location you plan to contact.
We Buy Ugly Houses is a property investor that buys homes for cash in over 800 locations across the U.S. To sell your home to We Buy Ugly Houses you can:
- Submit information about your property online or by phone and set up an appointment for an investor to see your home
- Show your home to the investor and receive a no-obligation offer
- Set a closing date on your own schedule as soon as 3 weeks after accepting the offer
We Buy Ugly Houses has over 800 independently owned and operated franchises across 47 states and Washington, DC.
We Buy Ugly Houses's parent company, Homevestors, has an A+ rating on the Better Business Bureau. No other third-party reviews are available at this time.
This rating is based on overall national data. Research local franchises for specific reviews that reflect their quality of service.
Time to Offer
Time to Sale
Fast Home Offer combines the expertise of local buyers with the purchasing power of national investors. It can close on a home sale in just one or two weeks.
Fast Home Offer is a national service that has partnered with local investors across the country to buy houses for cash.
Steps to sell with Fast Home Offer:
- Submit a form on Fast Home Offer's website, and a local investor will contact you to gather more information about your home
- It's possible that a cash offer can be made on the phone, but if not, schedule a visit for the investor to view the property. After the property is evaluated, the investor may present an offer
- Once an offer is accepted, a closing date can be set within 7-14 days, depending on your individual situation
Fast Home Offer has partnered with local investors in the following states:
Fast Home Offer received an average of 3 stars from 4 customer reviews. It's accredited by the Better Business Bureau and it has an A+ rating.
BBB: 3 stars/4 reviews
»MORE: See our picks for other "we buy houses" companies in Pennsylvania
What is a 'we buy houses' company?
"We buy houses" companies are backed by investors. These investors purchase homes to fix and resell for a profit. They buy homes in as-is condition — without any repairs or prep — and pay in cash.
The home buying process for "we buy houses" companies is different from a traditional sale. Since cash buyer companies typically pay only up to 70% of the home's value, some people wonder if "we buy houses" companies are a scam.
But these companies have little incentive to scam sellers. They're investors who rely on their reputation to close deals. However, they are motivated by profit. They make lower offers so they can pay for renovations and still turn a profit when they resell.
»MORE: Are "we buy houses" companies a rip-off?
How do 'we buy houses' companies work?
Details vary, but all "we buy houses" companies in Philadelphia share the same basic business model:
- A home seller reaches out directly to a cash buyer company.
- The company assesses the property, considering factors like necessary repairs and potential resale value.
- The company makes an as-is cash offer based on the time and money it'll need to invest in the property.
- If the homeowner accepts, the deal closes quickly. There's no need to negotiate, wait for financing approval, or inspect and appraise the property.
- The cash buyer repairs the home and resells it for a profit.
Alternatives to 'we buy houses' companies in Philadelphia
If the offers you get from "we buy houses" companies are too low, you have other options to sell your home. The best option for you depends on your home's condition and how much time you have to sell.
Get cash offers with Clever
If you need to sell your home quickly in Philadelphia, consider working with a real estate agent who can protect your best interests and maximize your sale price.
When you work with a local Clever agent, they can request cash offers on your behalf from companies that buy houses.
Your agent will present the offers to you, help you understand the pros and cons of each one, AND help you negotiate with cash buyer companies.
They'll also give you a free home estimate so you know what your home is REALLY worth on the open market. This estimate can help you decide if selling to a cash buyer company is worth it or if you'd rather list with an agent for maximum value.
Note: Time to offer, time to sale, reviews, and other data points are current as of when this article was last updated.
Frequently asked questions
What's the fastest way to sell a home in Philadelphia?
You can sell a home in just one week by selling to a "we buy houses" company. While the speed is convenient, you'll make only 50–70% of the home's after-repair value. Unless your home is in really bad shape, you're better off trying to sell on the open market.
Are 'we buy houses' companies in Pennsylvania a ripoff?
"We buy houses" companies are legitimate companies backed by investors that buy homes at a discounted price, renovate them, and resell them for a profit. Some sellers are turned off by how little they offer. This can be as little as half as much as what the open market would pay if you made repairs yourself before selling.