If you're looking for the fastest way to sell a home, "we buy houses" companies in Killeen are a good option. Also known as "we buy ugly houses" companies or cash home buyers, these companies can provide a cash offer in only a day and close in just a matter of days or weeks, with no closing costs. But they typically pay only 70% of the fair market value for the home.
Our top pick for "we buy houses" companies in Killeen is Clever Offers. With Clever Offers, a concierge will collect details about your home to bring you cash offers from the top "we buy houses" companies in Killeen. You'll also get a professional home valuation from a local real estate agent so you know what your home is worth on the open market.
Top 'we buy houses' companies in Killeen
If you have a Killeen house in good condition, you’ll likely earn more by selling with a real estate agent. It'll take a bit longer to sell, but the extra money could be worth the wait. Whatever you choose, explore all of your options first.
Best companies that buy houses for cash in Killeen
To find the best cash home buyers in Killeen, we compared offer times, closing date windows, local market knowledge, and company reputation according to customer reviews.
Here's our advice for working with "we buy houses" companies:
- Contact multiple companies to compare offers
- Read contracts carefully
- Don’t pay for anything up front
- If you don't think an offer is fair, walk away
Clever OffersGet Offers
Time to Offer
Time to Sale
Clever Offers is an easy way to compare multiple cash offers at once so you can get the most money for your home. Clever will also provide a free home value estimate so you know what your home is worth on the open market. Then you can decide if selling to a cash buyer company is worth it or if you'd rather list with an agent for maximum value.
Clever Offers provides you with fair cash offers from top institutional buyers, local and regional real estate investment firms, and more.
Steps to sell with Clever Offers:
- Fill out an online form with a few details about your home.
- Answer questions about your selling timeframe and the condition of your home.
- Sit back and relax while your Clever Home Concierge collects multiple cash offers on your behalf.
- Choose to accept an offer, ask the Concierge to look for better offers, or work with a top local agent to sell on the open market for just 1.5% commission.
Clever Offers is available in all 50 states and Washington, DC.
Texan Home BuyersWebsite
Time to Offer
Time to Sale
As a local buyer, Texan Home Buyers has its pulse on the market in the cities it operates in. The company can close on your home in just a week.
Texan Home Buyers is a local, Texas property investor that buys homes for cash in select cities across the state. To sell your home to Texas Home Buyer you can:
- Submit information about your property online or by phone and set up an appointment for an investor to see your home
- Show your home to the investor and receive a no-obligation offer
- Set a closing date on your own schedule as soon as 7 days after accepting the offer
Texas Home Buyer purchases homes throughout the state of Texas.
Texan Home Buyers received an average of 2.6 stars from 6 customer reviews.
Google: 1 star/1 review
Facebook: 4.2 stars/5 reviews
Jamie Buys HousesWebsite
Time to Offer
Time to Sale
Jamie Buys Houses is a local buyer, so you can trust it knows about market trends in the towns where it buys homes. It can close in just a week in many cases.
Jamie Buys Houses is a local, Texas property investor that buys homes for cash across the state. To sell your home to Jamie Buys Houses you can:
- Submit your property info by phone or online and schedule an appointment with an investor
- Walk your property with the investor who will present a cash offer afterward
- Choose a closing date on your own schedule, as soon as 7 days after accepting the offer
Jamie Buys Houses in Arlington, Dallas, Fort Worth, Kaufman, and throughout the state of Texas.
Jamie Buys Houses received an average of 3.8 stars from 18 customer reviews.
Google: 3 stars/6 reviews
Facebook: 4.6 stars/12 reviews
ASAP Cash Home BuyersWebsite
Time to Offer
Time to Sale
ASAP Cash Home Buyers has local investors in locations across the U.S. and it's backed by a large national brand.
ASAP Cash Home Buyers is a national service that partners with local investors. In general, you can sell your house to ASAP Cash Home Buyers by:
- Filling out the initial online assessment
- Receiving an in-depth property analysis and valuation, plus a no-obligation cash offer
- Considering the offer as long as necessary, no time restrictions
- Closing within a week, or on your own schedule
You should connect with the local partner or franchise to get more details on how you can sell your home. Also know that experiences will vary from region to region, based on the local investor you’re paired with.
ASAP Cash Home Buyers provides local services in all 50 states.
ASAP Cash Home Buyers received an average of 3.7 stars from 3 customer reviews. It's accredited by the Better Business Bureau and it has an A+ rating.
Google: 3.7 stars/3 reviews
We Buy HousesWebsite
Time to offer
Time to sale
We Buy Houses vets all of its investors and gives them an exclusive license to operate in its territory, so investors who use the brand name have an incentive to work hard in order to maintain their advantage. The company provides offers in just one to two days and can close in a few weeks.
We Buy Houses is a national property investor that buys homes for cash throughout the U.S. To sell your home to We Buy Houses, you can:
- Submit an online form, giving details about your property
- Set up an appointment for an investor to view your home
- Receive a no-obligation offer
- Choose a closing date and sell your home
We Buy Houses operates in 200 markets in over 30 states.
Reviews online are available only for local franchises.
The vast majority are positive, with customers saying that the We Buy Houses investor they worked with was fast and professional.
What is a 'we buy houses' company?
"We buy houses" companies are backed by investors. These investors purchase homes to fix and resell for a profit. They buy homes in as-is condition — without any repairs or prep — and pay in cash.
The home buying process for "we buy houses" companies is different from a traditional sale. Since cash buyer companies typically pay only up to 70% of the home's value, some people wonder if "we buy houses" companies are a scam.
But these companies have little incentive to scam sellers. They're investors who rely on their reputation to close deals. However, they are motivated by profit. They make lower offers so they can pay for renovations and still turn a profit when they resell.
How do 'we buy houses' companies work?
Details vary, but all "we buy houses" companies in Killeen share the same basic business model:
- A home seller reaches out directly to a cash buyer company.
- The company assesses the property, considering factors like necessary repairs and potential resale value.
- The company makes an as-is cash offer based on the time and money it'll need to invest in the property.
- If the homeowner accepts, the deal closes quickly. There's no need to negotiate, wait for financing approval, or inspect and appraise the property.
- The cash buyer repairs the home and resells it for a profit.
Compare offers from top cash buyers to the sale price you'd get with an agent.
Alternative to 'we buy houses' companies in Killeen
If the offers you get from "we buy houses" companies are too low, you have other options to sell your home. The best option for you depends on your home's condition and how much time you have to sell.
Sell to an iBuyer
Selling to an iBuyer may be a good option if your home is in great condition and you need to sell within a few weeks. In Killeen, you can consider iBuyers like Offerpad and Opendoor. These companies provide instant cash offers that are typically much closer to market value than an offer from a "we buy houses" company.
There are pros and cons to working with an iBuyer. For example, selling to an iBuyer is convenient, but they charge a service fee of 5% or more. You'd also need to pay 1–3% in closing costs plus the cost of any repairs the iBuyer requests. Before deciding, estimate your total earnings from selling to an iBuyer to see if it's worth it.
»LEARN: Should I sell to an iBuyer?
Note: Time to offer, time to sale, reviews, and other data points are current as of when this article was last updated.
Frequently asked questions
What's the fastest way to sell a house in Killeen?
With a "we buy houses" company, you can sell a house in just one or two weeks. But there's a big drawback: you'll only make about 50–70% of what you could when selling with a realtor.
How much does it cost to sell to a 'we buy houses' company?
You won't pay any commission or closing costs when selling to a "we buy houses" company. However, these companies typically pay only 50–70% of a home's value, so you should really only use them if your home is in serious disrepair.