If you’re selling a house in Austin that's in poor condition or has other complications, or you need to sell your house fast, consider a cash home buyer. Many companies that buy houses for cash in Austin will purchase any home and can usually close sales much faster than Austin home buyers who need a home loan.
Our team evaluated more than 50 active cash home buyers serving Austin. We examined each company's key factors, including its credibility signals, customer reviews, and activity level. Our guide will help you choose a cash buyer to get the best outcome on your sale.
Why you should trust us
We want to help you find legitimate cash home buyers and get the best deal based on your needs. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a small commission, but this doesn’t influence our rankings or advice. Learn how we researched and ranked these companies that buy houses for cash.
What you should know about cash home buyers
- Cash home buyers can be useful if you have a complicated home sale, you want to sell your house fast, you've inherited a house, or you have goals that would be difficult to achieve selling with a real estate agent on the open market. Your options, offer prices, and closing speed will depend on your situation.
- You may need to contact numerous cash buyers to get workable offers. Cash buyers are investors with varying budgets, goals, and constraints. Some will pay cash for almost any home under any circumstance at any time. Others specialize in locations, price ranges, property types, or situations.
- Cash offers will be unique to your home. How much we buy houses for cash companies will pay — and how fast they can close — depends on the home and situation. Investors can pay more for turnkey properties than those in need of major repairs.
- The selling process is condensed. Some companies that buy houses for cash can close deals within 2–3 days. However, Austin houses with complicated legal issues could take months to close.
- Most cash home buyers pay closing costs. You won't have to pay any unexpected fees on your closing date. Companies that buy houses for cash usually factor the seller's closing costs into their offer.
- Requesting a cash offer is always free, and there’s zero obligation to accept it. You may not get the fair market value many sellers get using a real estate agent. But you decide if you're offered a fair price and if the terms are acceptable based on your situation. If you feel pressured to accept an offer, walk away. If you suspect a scam or financial exploitation, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau recommends you report it to the Federal Trade Commission and take these additional steps.
How to choose a cash home buyer and get good offers
- Make sure the cash buyer is legit. Stick to buyers with credible websites that include owner information and video testimonials from real customers. Look for a solid number of legitimate positive customer reviews on established, external platforms like Google or Yelp. Also, look for companies with Better Business Bureau (BBB) profiles accredited with A+ ratings.
- Verify the buyer has the funds. Ask the buyer for an official proof of funds (POF) letter from their bank. Experienced and legitimate cash home buyers will expect this question or provide the POF without you even asking. The cash buyer should also provide a sufficient earnest money deposit (usually 1–2% of the sale price) when you go under contract, which represents their commitment to the sale.
- Get multiple cash offers. Just like when getting quotes from contractors or shopping for the best mortgage rates, getting several offers from legit we buy houses for cash companies to compare and choose from will help you get the best terms and outcome.
Top cash home buyers in Austin, Texas
Clever OffersRead more
Our take: Clever Offers is our top pick for most people in Austin because it makes getting and comparing multiple cash offers fast, easy, and safe.
What we like: Clever Offers taps you into a wide pool of vetted cash buyers in Austin who can buy your house fast, saving you from hours of overwhelming research. Compare and choose from up to 10 buyers. This competition among buyers can drive up cash offer prices. Clever Real Estate, an established, highly rated nationwide brand, backs the service. Clever Offers also handles communications between sellers and multiple buyers.
You should also know: Cash offers aren’t always the best or only option. Clever can bring you other solutions, like creative financing or sale-leasebacks, that might deliver a better fit or value. Clever can also match you with a top local real estate agent for a free home valuation so you can compare the cash offers with an open market sale. Seeing all your options helps you make an informed decision and come away with the best possible outcome.
Phone: (833) 225-3837
Address: 4625 Lindell Blvd., 2nd FL, St. Louis, MO 63108
Want To Sell NowRead more
Our take: Want To Sell Now stands out among local cash home buyers in Austin.
What we like: More than 75 customers reviewed Want To Sell Now on Google during the last six months, indicating it's a very active cash home buyer in Austin. Those reviews are largely positive, which signals you'll likely be happy with the outcome of your sale.
You should also know: The company doesn't provide team member names or photos on its website, but its other credibility signals are strong. It carries a BBB accreditation and has earned an A+ rating from customers.
Phone: (512) 710-2608
Address: 4029 S. Capital of Texas Hwy. #110, Austin, TX 78704
Austin All Cash Home BuyersRead more
Our take: Austin All Cash Home Buyers is a top choice among Austin cash buyers.
What we like: It's an accredited BBB business with an A+ rating. We also like that it features the names and photos of its team members on its website.
You should also know: Though customer satisfaction is relatively high, customers have reviewed Austin All Cash Home Buyers only a few times in the past six months. The company might not be very active in Austin's cash home buyers market.
Phone: (512) 580-7557
Address: 7007 West Gate Blvd., Austin, TX 78745
Austin House BuyerRead more
Our take: Austin House Buyer is a legitimate and credible local Austin buyer.
What we like: The company's satisfaction and credibility signals are strong. Google reviewers rate it highly, and it's a BBB-accredited business.
You should also know: Austin House Buyer isn't as active as the other home buyers listed, with fewer reviews received during the last six months. It also takes more than a month for the company to respond to its online reviews.
Google: 4.6 (35)
Phone: (512) 473-3733
Address: 3724 Jefferson St., Suite 312, Austin, TX 78731
Other companies that buy houses for cash in Austin, Texas
JZ Home Buyers earns a solid number of customer reviews, but its low credibility signals — due in part to a lack of BBB accreditation — kept the company off our top list. Its website also lacks customer testimonial videos, which could fortify its legitimacy. Additionally, JZ Home Buyers hasn't been very active in the market during the past six months.
Offerpad has BBB accreditation, but customers have lodged many complaints. Its activity and credibility scores are also lower than its competitors in the market, so we kept the company off our top list.
Next steps: Start getting cash offers!
Compare offers from top cash buyers to the sale price you'd get with an agent.
Related articles and resources
8 Steps to Selling a House in Texas: Are you ready to sell your Austin home but need help understanding the process? Read our guide on selling a home in Texas (with or without a realtor).
Closing Costs for Sellers in Texas: Learn what it costs to sell a house in Texas, including tips on how to save on your sale.
How to Sell a House By Owner in Texas: Read this guide to decide if selling without a realtor in Texas is a good idea for you.
Selling a House As-Is: What You Need to Know: We share the main factors that affect how much you may gain (or lose) when you sell as-is.
11 Best Companies That Buy Houses for Cash: Our team spent hundreds of hours researching we buy houses companies and iBuyers. Many of these companies have local franchises throughout the nation.
Why trust us
Our research team evaluated 50 cash home buyers serving Austin. It also compiled and analyzed 10,199 publicly available data points tied to past transactions, customer reviews, and more to evaluate each of the Austin home buyers and create our final list and rankings.
Our team used public business directories to identify every company serving the Austin area calling itself a cash home buyer. We filtered that list and ranked the top options based on the following criteria:
- Credibility: Is the company a legitimate and safe option? Before we recommend any company, we assess its owners and/or team members, customer testimonial videos, Better Business Bureau status, total Google reviews, and the legitimacy of those reviews.
- Activity: Is the company actively buying a large number of homes? We examine how many reviews the company has had in the last six months and whether the company responds to its reviews.
- Satisfaction: Are sellers generally happy with their experience and outcome? We gauge how compassionate, helpful, fair, and reliable a cash home buyer is by evaluating its Google reviews for average rating, total reviews, and negative reviews.
Our team also highlighted the company's availability based on where they operate.
- Local: Operates in the Austin metro area
- Statewide: Operates throughout Texas
- Multi-state: Operates throughout Texas and at least one other state
- Nationwide: Operates in all states
✍️ Editor’s note: We don't disqualify a company for limited or missing data, but we do lower the company’s ranking. We base our rankings on objective measurements and can only measure what we see. We regularly search for missing data to update our rankings accordingly.
Credible, primary sources power our pages. When you hire a service through a link on this page, we may earn a commission. But this doesn't influence our advice or ranking methodology. Learn more about Clever Real Estate.
Clever Real Estate's content team created parts of this page with the assistance of an AI tool. Our team of humans researched the companies, collected and analyzed the data, and ranked the companies, then used AI to assist in writing about the companies. Our team fact-checked and edited the text, as it does for all of our content.